Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Grayditch wrote: »
    That €1 euro Goose Island Christmas Ale past it's date was too good to be true. All sugary and alcoholy...not in the way it's supposed to be.

Phew! I nearly bought some bottles of it yesterday but settled on the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale for €1.50 instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That €1 euro Goose Island Christmas Ale past it's date was too good to be true. All sugary and alcoholy...not in the way it's supposed to be.

Beer doesn't go off btw

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

RasTa wrote: »
    Beer doesn't go off btw

But it can change rather a lot over time in the bottle and not always for the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

But it can change rather a lot over time in the bottle and not always for the better.

You're talking a period of over 3 years imo before anything like that happens, if even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Have you tried a newer bottle to compare? Unless there is a defect in the bottle I doubt a 7.5% ale would drastically decline in a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It was bottled in 2007 for maturity at Christmas 2012. Had one last year (maybe longer) and it was lovely. The last year hasn't been kind to it.

Just checked their statement and it says it develops in the bottle for 5 years.

7 was a big ask.

But feel free to work away, lads.

Sure its not the weather for winter ales anyway, few Sly Fox Pilsners in the garden for me today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Speaking os slyfox their IPA (name escapes me) is 4 for a tenner in McHugh's Artane at the min (so is the pilsner).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think I'll have one of my bottles of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout tonight, for the day that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

can we drink beer today lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Tried a few of the Black's Kinsale Session IPA here in Kinsale. I like it. Also got their original IPA on draft for 4.80 which is great value (was 5.60 down the street..). Also tried the Franciscan Well Blarney Blonde from draft - I liked it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Drinking Korea's first ale....

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140326001323

It's grand.

Also found some brown leffe here yesterday. Love that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

5 for €10 Amber Ella going down sweet in this sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

ciaran76 wrote: »

Where is this?...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

ciaran76 wrote: »

where!!

Actually feck it, due to our backwardness, I can't take advantage today

slayerking wrote: »
    Where is this?...

Molloys Clonsilla. None left on shelf after myself yesterday.

Happy good friday lads.
    One of these to wash down a pulled pork sambo with chips and onion rings

1924704_10152313797366294_4196935547084110999_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast. Again. I know it's a lovely day, so I'll follow it with an OFAF and maybe a Raid Beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A bottle of Coopers Dark Ale - only homebrew tonight as I forgot today is the day of himself getting hammered and no off license open

Also forgot to stock up, luckily I have 100+ bottles and two kegs of homebrew. Phew, close one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

I'm sure it's been said many a time but Leann Follain is one tasty beer...Yum:) I enjoy and gain a lot of inspiration from this thread so a big happy Easter to all my fellow cicerone's..Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

drumswan wrote: »
    Also forgot to stock up, luckily I have 100+ bottles and two kegs of homebrew. Phew, close one!

Just enough to last until sunrise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I too am on the homebrew. Came second overall in the national hombrewing championship last month for my stout so its not a bad night at all.

Enjoying a Mikkeller "I beat you" at the moment.

Hitting all the right spots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Going to Belfast with the OH for the long weekend. The agenda is being filled with ample pint-ing opportunities, including Spoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Had me one of brewdogs current IPA is dead series tonight. Karoma, Karina... something like that... the one with the K. Aww man. Its a top quality beer. All grapefruity and Christmas tree-ee. Just the way I like em. Nom nom.

Looking forward to trying the other three.

Anyone else picked them up? What you think of them?

strobe wrote: »
    Had me one of brewdogs current IPA is dead series tonight. Karoma, Karina... something like that... the one with the K. Aww man. Its a top quality beer. All grapefruity and Christmas tree-ee. Just the way I like em. Nom nom.

Looking forward to trying the other three.

Anyone else picked them up? What you think of them?

Stopped buying the IPA is dead pack a few years ago because they tend to be overwhelmingly ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Fresh Squeezed IPA from Deschutes, a lovely juicy IPA.

Mikkeller I beat you and 1000 IBU.

Both Hop bombs that didn't disappoint me.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Stopped buying the IPA is dead pack a few years ago because they tend to be overwhelmingly ****e.

After last years ones I said I wouldn't buy again but on Thursday I picked them Up twice and put them down twice as I was tempted but will wait see if they come out as singles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement