Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

BeerNut wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw it in the fridge in Bradley's in Cork during the week. I'd guess there's still some in its native Donegal too: Dicey's in Ballyshannon would be the place to ask.

Nice one, might be back in Cork this weekend and all so will have to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Got 8 Leann Follain for €18 in Dunne's. Also picked up the McGargles IPA to see what all the fuss is about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Trond wrote: »
    Got 8 Leann Follain for €18 in Dunne's. Also picked up the McGargles IPA to see what all the fuss is about!

Just make sure it's the Francis's big banging IPA, the knock knock Ned's is drain pour material.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Just make sure it's the Francis's big banging IPA, the knock knock Ned's is drain pour material.

And your drain is likely to spit it back at you :pac:

flanzer wrote: »
    And your drain is likely to spit it back at you :pac:

Literally burst out laughing in the office at this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Went for a gander around Molloy's in Clonsille, I live close enough to it, but never been in.

Not a bad selection, and the set up is great, craft front and centre, with the Irish lot the first you see, all the fizzy yellow is off to the side.

Picked up a few I've not had yet, mainly stouts and porters to sit and hate-watch the Toy Show later.

Looking forward especially to the Cleverman Turf Smoked Stout, and I'd never heard of JJ's, seemingly from Limerick - anyone tried them yet? I've been waiting ages to try the Model T, and the Curly Hole is intriguing enough.

Siren's for after.

CU1RpYnUcAAA4Ev.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Went for a gander around Molloy's in Clonsille, I live close enough to it, but never been in.

Not a bad selection, and the set up is great, craft front and centre, with the Irish lot the first you see, all the fizzy yellow is off to the side.

Picked up a few I've not had yet, mainly stouts and porters to sit and hate-watch the Toy Show later.

Looking forward especially to the Cleverman Turf Smoked Stout, and I'd never heard of JJ's, seemingly from Limerick - anyone tried them yet? I've been waiting ages to try the Model T, and the Curly Hole is intriguing enough.

Siren's for after.

CU1RpYnUcAAA4Ev.jpg

The clever man is really good

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd never heard of JJ's, seemingly from Limerick - anyone tried them yet?
    Yeah. Passable. You might like the stout.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is that a 500 ml bottle of Model T? I've only seen it in bigger bottles before.

It sure is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

and the Curly Hole is intriguing enough.

Curly Hole is a really nice brown ale, very tasty...

May as well share my haul, looking forward to the Caribbean Chocolate Cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Haha i bought the wrong one! I'll bring them back on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

12304371_10153236770584290_2923875744171269335_o.jpg

Loving the peanut butter too many things BA stout....most brewries would make this a sticky mess but buxton are doing some good things.

Had the non BA version before and thought it was very good, but the bourbon barrel fits the flavour profile like a glove!

Got these from Redmonds

May as well share my haul, looking forward to the Caribbean Chocolate Cake!

Where'd you get that one?

snowblind wrote: »
    Where'd you get that one?

Blackrock cellar

Bit deep in the burbs for me, the SCR Mace usually has all the Siren stuff so will give that a shot (and report back :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Trond wrote: »
    Haha i bought the wrong one! I'll bring them back on Monday.

I haven't been able to get the Big Banging in Dunnes in Donaghmede for the last number of weeks. In saying that, they have TB Sabotage - 4 for €9, which is a fair price as an alternative

4 Bottles of Sabotage I picked up for €9 in Dunnes.

Tis a tasty drop them boys in Kildare brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A carlsberg IPA in a (logically) carlsberg only hotel in Copenhagen. It's not bad but with recent hop crazy IPAs back home its a bit bland.

And its 7.91 for half a litre! Normal carlsberg is a whole 55c cheaper

Will try the Tuborg Christmas beer next.

• Advertisement

I'd never heard of JJ's, seemingly from Limerick - anyone tried them yet?
    Yeah. Passable. You might like the stout.

yeah, just about passable, way overcarbed for a stout, almost a lager mouthfeel.

there is a nice liquoricey thing going on in the flavour though, and it's a brown colour too.

not that memorable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I think Black's may have changed up the recipe a bit for the 500ml versions of Model T. I think I remember the liter (750ml?) bottles being 6%, but the 500ml are 5%. Dunno if there is actually a big difference between the two though. I have some bottles of the 500ml version but saving them for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

L1011 wrote: »
    A carlsberg IPA in a (logically) carlsberg only hotel in Copenhagen. It's not bad but with recent hop crazy IPAs back home its a bit bland.

And its 7.91 for half a litre! Normal carlsberg is a whole 55c cheaper

Will try the Tuborg Christmas beer next.

€8 for nearly a pint? Could do a lot worse in Copenhagen. My OH was over there for work a while back, had to pay a tenner for a very bog-standard 33cl ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Called into the Salthouse earlier and had a Omnipollo/Buxton Ice Cream Pale Ale - not for me at all. Very, very sweet - think vanilla coke meets candyfloss with a fruity if somewhat bitter finish. A bit all over the place. Interesting, but not my cup of tea.

Followed it with a Mochaccino Messiah which was absolutely solid. A lovely drop.

Home in front of the fire and Toy Show with a Black Boar and some Yellow Spot for later. Livin la vida loca.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Pretty sure I saw it in the fridge in Bradley's in Cork during the week. I'd guess there's still some in its native Donegal too: Dicey's in Ballyshannon would be the place to ask.

I was looking out for it a few weeks ago. All of 10 crates were delivered to Dublin; knowing my luck Cork got 200 :pac: Do let us know if you locate any as I'd almost travel down for it :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Where the hell has KBS been all my life???!!! This is quite possibly the greatest beer I've ever tasted. If I was given free reign to make my own perfect beer I could imagine it being very close to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A flagon of Cullens Artisan €3:60 cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

8 Degrees Big River, Grand Stretch and Full Irish. All good solid beers. Think I liked Big River the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Anyone know if kinnegar are planning to make any more black bucket.
    Had firestone walker wookey Jack and black bucket really is up there. Wishing now I could have tried them both side by side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Zaph wrote: »
    Where the hell has KBS been all my life???!!! This is quite possibly the greatest beer I've ever tasted. If I was given free reign to make my own perfect beer I could imagine it being very close to this.

It's really outstanding stuff. Silky smooth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement