Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,619 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Lovely, really nice, my favorite WW beer so far! Big thumbs up!!

4rtj5w.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My local Molloys was out of it when I tried to get some there today. Hopefully it's not too limited an edition and they'll get more in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Having an Eight Degrees Big River on tap at against the grain. Deeeeelicious.

I love that 8 degrees always have something new on the go. Never go near their core range anymore at all.

Zaph wrote: »
    My local Molloys was out of it when I tried to get some there today. Hopefully it's not too limited an edition and they'll get more in.

Just out since Friday, McHugh's had plenty, sorry I only got two, it's a very nice beer, no overpowering coffee taste, with just a hint of raspberry...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Just out since Friday, McHugh's had plenty, sorry I only got two, it's a very nice beer, no overpowering coffee taste, with just a hint of raspberry...

I didn't see it in Artane today, I probably just missed it though, I get a bit excited in there.

Now drinking: O Brother Brutus Double IPA - it's intense, man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Tenzor07 wrote: »

I got the last one in McHughs tonight. They said it flew off the shelves.

I should have gotten a few more bottles of the WW brown ale, but consoled myself with a bottle of Curly hole Samhain ale...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Couple of pints of Metalmans new one "Orange is the new Black" last night.

Its a black ale with a tint of orange - not bad, bit bland, mild orangey aftertaste which is pretty pleasant. Would order again if its on tap but won't be seeking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone tasted Wookey Jack by Firestone Walker? Not sure what to expect with it....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Trond wrote: »
    Anyone tasted Wookey Jack by Firestone Walker?
    Yeah. Didn't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Trond wrote: »
    Anyone tasted Wookey Jack by Firestone Walker? Not sure what to expect with it....

One of my favourites, I love Rye in a beer.
    Don't mind Beernut, he also didn't like Hop Stoopid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I've had it (from bottles) on two occasions and thought it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yeah. Didn't like it.
    Ipso wrote: »
    I've had it (from bottles) on two occasions and thought it was lovely.

Haha :D It arrives tomorrow anyway. So I 'll see what side of the fence im on.

It was a replacement for Beavertown Black Betty in my already ordered xmas stash.

Im still on the look out for the Black Betty, loved it on Tap recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Having a couple of bottles of WW Rwanda. Coffee is very prominent, from the nose to the finish. Really linking this one, Though I feel it would benefit from less carbonation.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

I saw good few bottles of it in Baggot Street Wine if people are looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hop Stoopid is a sugary mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Omnipollo/Buxton Ice cream pale ale last night in the Salthouse, very odd,tasted like a super split ice cream. Mocha Messiah on tap,superb. Finished off with a couple of Sierra nevada blindfolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I didn't like Hop Stoopid either, or moreso I was disappointed with it. I did love Wookey Jack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

Kinnegar Geuzeberry. Fantastic stuff. I haven't liked any of the previous (few) sours I've tried but this one was perfectly balanced. The only trouble is trying to get more before Christmas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Enjoying a Founders Dirty Bastard watching the football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Somebody was saying Kinnegar geuzeberry is being re-released at Xmas, so hopefully there will be more bottles this time.

Had Tool's jule maelk, a 15% imperial milk stout. Nice, but I think the lactose is making it too sweet, would have been great as just an imperial stout. Wouldn't get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

CR 7 wrote: »
    Kinnegar Geuzeberry. Fantastic stuff. I haven't liked any of the previous (few) sours I've tried but this one was perfectly balanced. The only trouble is trying to get more before Christmas now.
    Really loved it too. Went back to where I found the original bottle (where they had a stash of 'em) but it was all gone. Don't believe there are plans to make any more in the immediate future either, but based on the popularity they are talking about another sour in 2016 (may or may not be based on Geuzeberry).

The other beer that is really impressing is Radikale's Radical Brew. Expensive, but one of the few that is worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Enjoying a Founders Dirty Bastard watching the football.

Cracking drop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Had a Dungarvan Coffee and Oatmeal Stout earlier, fairly disappointing. Roasted malt, coffee, quite dry but very thin. Not as fully bodied as one one expect from an oatmeal stout.

Followed it up with a Founders Breakfast Stout - now that's how it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Having my second last geuzeberry. Thought it was my last one but found another one hiding :D

Don't think I'll ever get bored of this beer.

Anyone know what it might be like aged?
    Best before is January. Too good to risk ruining

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Had a Dungarvan Coffee and Oatmeal Stout earlier, fairly disappointing. Roasted malt, coffee, quite dry but very thin. Not as fully bodied as one one expect from an oatmeal stout.

I had their Black Rock stout last night and was disappointed with it as well. Very thin bodied and carbonated to the point of being gassy. The flavour wasn't great either, it just tasted of burnt something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Zaph wrote: »
    I had their Black Rock stout last night and was disappointed with it as well. Very thin bodied and carbonated to the point of being gassy. The flavour wasn't great either, it just tasted of burnt something.

have to join the choir, seems they have got a bit backwards the last while

Clever Man 12Ft Under - tasty and well balanced amber with a nice bite. I probably started it a little too cold, but it was very nice when it warmed up just a fraction. I love the labels on these beers too, a lot of thought has gone into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Probably not even worth asking, but is Kinnegar Geuzeberry available outside of Dublin? I'd like to try some after all the good stuff I've heard here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Pretty sure I saw it in the fridge in Bradley's in Cork during the week. I'd guess there's still some in its native Donegal too: Dicey's in Ballyshannon would be the place to ask.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement