Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Drinking a Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin IPA. What a great beer, very pleasantly surprised. There was only one bottle there and I thought the packaging was interesting so went with it. I'll be seeking out more, that's for sure.

Get a 6 pack of lagunitas and read the box, if you are into that kind of thing.

Love their little sumpin sumpin, and the hop stoopid and the cappuccino stout and usually their IPA (when I've had it from drinkstore). I've had two 6 packs from Sweeneys in phibsborough in the last couple months and both have been pretty tasteless abs flat, not sure if its to do with how long they've been sitting around but not fresh at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

VW 1 wrote: »

Love their little sumpin sumpin, and the hop stoopid and the cappuccino stout and usually their IPA (when I've had it from drinkstore). I've had two 6 packs from Sweeneys in phibsborough in the last couple months and both have been pretty tasteless abs flat, not sure if its to do with how long they've been sitting around but not fresh at all.

Ah that's a pity, there's no date on the bottle either so hard to tell how old it is. Must keep an eye out for the 6 pack. Only just the one on the shelf like I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

any idea what's in this
    Case With 20 Bottles of Christmas-Themed Irish Craft Beer for €64.99 With Free Delivery

The Specifics
    100% Irish produced craft beer
    20 bottles in each case
    330ml per bottle
    Choose from: Santa label, Elf label, Rudolf label or a mixed case
    Made using Irish barley and wheat
    Pairs well with cheeses, meat, fish and chocolate deserts
    Alcohol percentage: 4,7%

he Fine Print
    Delivery: Free. Allow 8 working days. Please note: Order on or before 14 Dec for best chance of delivery in time for Christmas.
    Your order: Your voucher will be redeemed by Groupon on your behalf with The Bespoke Brew Co, who will fulfill the order. Order will be dispatched to the delivery address entered at checkout. Delivery address cannot be amended after order is placed.
    Further information: By purchasing a Groupon, you are purchasing a voucher for the products as described above. The order will be fulfilled by The Bespoke Brew Co. For queries contact: hello@weddingbeers.ie. For more information on Direct Checkout, pricing and delivery, see the FAQ.

Who, or what, is the Bespoke Brew Co?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Who, or what, is the Bespoke Brew Co?
    A company that sticks labels on beers and sells it ot people, by the looks of it. On their site it says it's "brewed by award winning brewers in Co. Meath", so Brú, maybe?

I see, the price of the beer in the Groupon deal is more or less a fiver a pint though.

Hardly amazing value for at-home drinking.

It is also extremely vague on the style of beer they are peddling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Hardly amazing value for at-home drinking.

It is also extremely vague on the style of beer they are peddling.
    I'm beginning to think that maybe you shouldn't buy it.

lol, I'm not going to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

weddingbeers.ie is registered to Hazelbrook Business Developments Limited, doing a search then on their directors brings up that they are tied to Pitt Bros. and Burritos and Blues. Fairly legit, still no evidence on who's brewing the beer but I'm guessing thebeernut is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

BeerNut wrote: »
    Pretty decent, I thought.

Had the Red the other evening; thought it was underwhelming, lacking and not at all worth the €3 a bottle asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Ah that's a pity, there's no date on the bottle either so hard to tell how old it is. Must keep an eye out for the 6 pack. Only just the one on the shelf like I said.

There is. The first number of the neck is the bottling date as a julian number. So a running number from 1 to 365 starting on Jan 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No founders centennial for a change so having a pint of Full Sail in the Dark Horse.

snowblind wrote: »
    There is. The first number of the neck is the bottling date as a julian number. So a running number from 1 to 365 starting on Jan 1st.

Went to check my bottle again. I didn't spot the dark black writing on my first look. The date on mine is July 13th in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

VW 1 wrote: »

Their "Lagunitas Sucks" double IPA is one of the best beers I've ever had. They usually stock it in Redmonds Off License in Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

3 coffee flavoured beers tonight.

Poker tree Dark Nirvana a cascadian ale with coffee. Very nice indeed a burnt smokey wood taste with coffee and piney finish.

O'Brother - Joe a coffee stout, a good hit of coffee and a smooth stout.

Wicklow Wolf - a beer called Rwanda. A brown ale with coffee a bit lighter than the other 2 but very nice. A hint of nuts and a coffee flavour following through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

ciaran76 wrote: »
    3 coffee flavoured beers tonight.

Poker tree Dark Nirvana a cascadian ale with coffee. Very nice indeed a burnt smokey wood taste with coffee and piney finish.

O'Brother - Joe a coffee stout, a good hit of coffee and a smooth stout.

Wicklow Wolf - a beer called Rwanda. A brown ale with coffee a bit lighter than the other 2 but very nice. A hint of nuts and a coffee flavour following through.

Just about to crack Joe open here

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Stumbled on a few bottles from Brehon Brewhouse in an off-licence in Ennis. Just finishing a Stony Grey IPA. Absolutely gorgeous. Easily one of the best Irish IPAs.

Lookng forward to a Shanco Dubh in a little while. Delighted to find the Monaghan stuff this far south!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Tonight it's Black Donkey Buck It hybrid amber ale.

Have to say it's a nice red. Lovely sweet aroma and only a mild bitterness to taste with pleasant after taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Two from a new Irish brewery, Drew Fox Brewing. I think they're from a series called Clever Man, I originally thought that was the name of the brewery. I got the 12ft. Under Amber Ale, and the Little Willie Tank American Pale Ale.

Not impressed with either of them. They taste like really average home brew efforts. They're both bottle conditioned but it adds nothing to it other than making them feel over fermented. Really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Two from a new Irish brewery, Drew Fox Brewing. I think they're from a series called Clever Man, I originally thought that was the name of the brewery. I got the 12ft. Under Amber Ale, and the Little Willie Tank American Pale Ale.

Not impressed with either of them. They taste like really average home brew efforts. They're both bottle conditioned but it adds nothing to it other than making making they feel over fermented. Really disappointing.

The stout is great, the only one in had heard about so the only one I picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake

normal_siren_craft_brew__caribbean_chocolate_cake.jpg

This packs a nice punch. Rich, full bodied with lashings of dark chocolate. Lovely stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

The Caribbean Chocolate Cake is on tap in against the grain, was last night anyway. Deeeeelicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

Went shopping earlier and added a few more to my Christmas pile. Not pictured are a few of O'Brother's Joe Coffee Porters, and a few Radikale Radicals I have hidden away already. Planning on adding 8 Degrees Belgian Stout, Wicklow Wolf Coffee Brown Ale, and Black's Imperial Stout to it next week, they weren't in stock today, and that should be about enough(Maybe. But probably not).

kjAnPlol.jpg

CR 7 wrote: »
    Went shopping earlier and added a few more to my Christmas pile. Not pictured are a few of O'Brother's Joe Coffee Porters, and a few Radikale Radicals I have hidden away already. Planning on adding 8 Degrees Belgian Stout, Wicklow Wolf Coffee Brown Ale, and Black's Imperial Stout to it next week, they weren't in stock today, and that should be about enough(Maybe. But probably not).

Bought the Whiskey Barrel Aged Leann Folainn the other day too. Going to crack it open over Christmas, I've heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

In belgium this weekend so have visited so far - Brasserie de la senne, brussels beer project, fort lapin and de halve mann breweries. Great beer all round. Have picked up a Westvleteren blonde, 8 and 12 amongst others to bring back ...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Sierra Nevada Blindfold. Pretty tasty black IPA. Currently 4 for 10 into supervalu Wexford town. May be other places as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Have some Eight Degrees Big River, De la Senne Jambe-de-Bois, Victory Dirtwolf and BrewDog Tokyo (the 18.2% one).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Bought the Whiskey Barrel Aged Leann Folainn the other day too. Going to crack it open over Christmas, I've heard good things.

Did you get it in Dublin? Been keeping my eye open for it and not seen it yet. Also can never seem to find Shanco Dubh these days either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Have some Eight Degrees Big River, De la Senne Jambe-de-Bois, Victory Dirtwolf and BrewDog Tokyo (the 18.2% one).

Let me know what you think of the BrewDog Tokyo, been thinking of adding it to my Xmas order.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did you get it in Dublin? Been keeping my eye open for it and not seen it yet. Also can never seem to find Shanco Dubh these days either.

You might have to ask your local to order in the Shanco Dubh. I got into a conversation with the manager of Next Door in Ennis a few weeks ago. He had a decent range of Irish and UK beers but he hadn't heard of Brehon. He was intrigued though, and said he'd look into it. I went back to the same shop last night and they had the whole range in the fridge. Not cheap, but a nice treat when you can find it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Most Super Value shops should have Shanco.

Porterhouse had/have it on cask

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement