Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Galway Bay 'Of Foam and Fury'.

I'm a long time craft beer enthusiast but this beer is muck. If I wanted my beer to taste of pine resin I'd have filled my glass with pine needles.

That's the last time I drink anything by that brewery.

On a positive note, I tried Perla this week and was pleasantly surprised. Cheap and very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭toffeeshel

Having a few bottles of Trouble Brewing Graffiti. A lot of flavour packed into 3.6%

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Galway Bay 'Of Foam and Fury'.

I'm a long time craft beer enthusiast but this beer is muck.

That's the last time I drink anything by that brewery.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

The victory beers have a TWO YEAR BB date so all the ones we got in ireland are 15months old! Terrible so they are!
    Didn't know this, what an absolute joke if true. Have to wonder why even bother importing these considering the improvements in irish craft beer. I was going to pass on the DIPA when I thought it was 3 months old, but boy I wouldn't have been happy if I got it and had then seen your post. Hopefully some Victory special/seasonal beers will show up here cause I sure as hell wont be buying any IPAs that old.

Had the golden monkey tripel and didn't think it was great, although I was a bit the worse for wear

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody any suggestions as to where O'Hara's Milk Stout Lublin to Dublin can be purchased? Draught or bottle.
    It's in the fridge in DrinkStore too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

toffeeshel wrote: »
    Having a few bottles of Trouble Brewing Graffiti. A lot of flavour packed into 3.6%

It's been bottled? Tell me where you got it, now!

It's been bottled? Tell me where you got it, now!

Got it from Stephen from Trouble- it will be on the shop shelves soon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Got it from Stephen from Trouble- it will be on the shop shelves soon:)

I need this in my life :)

I need this in my life :)

It's replacing Fuzzy Logic as part of the core range.

Praise the lord! It's great stuff. Not enough decent session ipas around, especially in bottles. Via maris is also in bottles now, although I've only seen it in the GBB offy in Blackrock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Yessss!!!

Now that is very, very good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Never tried that and I think Via Maris is meh, no aroma just bitter.

RasTa wrote: »
    Never tried that and I think Via Maris is meh, no aroma just bitter.

Try it! I like via maris but this is a step above.

Had Trouble brewing's graffiti in bull and castle and thought it was dreadful, didn't think much of via maris either.

Had 200 Fathoms last night, and Founders KBS tonight, much preferred the former. Didn't feel the coffee and chocolate was coming through as much with the KBS (felt I got that more when I first tried it 5 months ago). Had St. Feuillin grand cru, 9.5% blonde, its ok.

Had Trouble brewing's graffiti in bull and castle and thought it was dreadful, didn't think much of via maris either.

Had 200 Fathoms last night, and Founders KBS tonight, much preferred the former. Didn't feel the coffee and chocolate was coming through as much with the KBS (felt I got that more when I first tried it 5 months ago). Had St. Feuillin grand cru, 9.5% blonde, its ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Had a Rascal's Brewing Company "Yankee" White IPA in The Wiley Wolf (used to be The Pint).

Really nice beer and the new lads in there have done a good job with the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Even though the new batch of OFAF is dodgy. Galway bay made the best Irish DIPA out there, maybe even the best Irish beer.

I just had Voyager, I think it's a really really good beer. Finally a proper Irish made American IPA. It's tastes like it came from Oregon. Bitter, citrusy, peachy. At north of 7% at last!!! How an IPA should be.

Well done to the folks at Galway Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I may be lynched for this but I finally opened my bottle of 200 fathoms.
    Meh.
    To be fair, barrel aged imperial stouts/porters aren't really my thing but this one didn't stand out as a particularly special example of the style. Just big, heavy and bitter to my taste.
    I love this style of beer and I have to say I think 200F is up there with the best of them.

OFAF on the otherhand......

I'm just not convinced by it. It's nice, but I just can't see what the fuss is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I remember when I thought O'Hara's Pale Ale was hoppy.....

It's being awhile since I've had a OFAF, in no real rush to try again.

I also see you can buy GBB beers direct from them now, however it's much cheaper to simply get them from drinkstore??

http://www.galwaybaybrewery.com/shop/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone familiar with Blacks of Kinsales Black IPA? Picked up a few earlier.

Is it anything like Kinnegars version?

• Advertisement

The Kinnegar black beer is a Black Rye IPA (Black Bucket), so there'll be different flavours.

the Blacks has more prominent malt flavours.

The Kinnegar black beer is a Black Rye IPA (Black Bucket), so there'll be different flavours.

the Blacks has more prominent malt flavours.

I loved the Kinnegar black beer when I had it on tap so was hoping The Blacks version was similar.

i'll find out soon enough!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Trond wrote: »
    I loved the Kinnegar black beer when I had it on tap so was hoping The Blacks version was similar.

i'll find out soon enough!!!

It tends to be a good price in Dunnes. Well worth trying.

An File wrote: »
    It tends to be a good price in Dunnes. Well worth trying.

Picked some up in the Stephens Green branch at lunchtime. Think it was €2.50 per bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Trond wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with Blacks of Kinsales Black IPA? Picked up a few earlier.

Is it anything like Kinnegars version?

Honestly it's one of my favourite beers in Ireland. Haven't had the Kinnegar one, but you should like it alright. Maybe even love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Had a jack the lad ipa from real deal breweries the other night, not as bitter as I would like but would still recommend.

Buried At Sea in Brew Dock still a great stout.

Now on Scraggy Bay in Harry Byrne's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

Now on Scraggy Bay in Harry Byrne's

Careful on that. It's a great beer, but not a session ale!! Made that mistake one night in Harry's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had my worst beer in a long long time last week - Jack Cody's Duxie Grapefruit Tea Pale Ale. Awful stuff - threw most of it down the sink.
    Closely followed by Justice Pal Ale by Kelly's Mountain Brew. €1 in the bargain bin in Drinkstore so I bought two. How bad could it be? Bad enough to clean the sink with it as well. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Took a Roadtrip tonight! ;)

xm7m0p.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement