Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Fran well Jameson cask stout. Nicer than last year, the whiskey isn't as overpowering and it's going down very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Only had 2 beers this evening. La Corne du Bois des Pendus by Brasserie d'Ebly and Union Jack IPA by Firestone Waker. Love the glass for La Corne and Union Jack is superb.

647b025360c8d395ea28fab366811399_640x640.jpg
    fa30807f32a9e52a47276335ede4bb3b_640x640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seems it's an 8° Christmas!
    Simcoe rye and a double Irish for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Just back from pints of stout in the local with friends, have a big bottle of Chimay and a rake of other tasty craft beers lined up for the coming day.

Happy Christmas everyone! Looks like no one is short of good beer anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hoppy Xmas All!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

I bought two eight packs of Bulmers last night and after a mouthful out of each of the first three cans I had to empty them down the sink. There was a really strong, sweet aftertaste off them. I've never tasted anything like it from a can before, it was rank.

I haven't tried the other eight pack yet. Has anyone ever experienced this with Bulmers before?

Ended the night last night with a Blackstairs Dark Fiery Porter. It started out nice but as I went into it the chilli got a bit too overpowering. If they pulled back slightly on the chilli it could be a very nice beer

Also Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

matrim wrote: »
    Ended the night last night with a Blackstairs Dark Fiery Porter. It started out nice but as I went into it the chilli got a bit too overpowering. If they pulled back slightly on the chilli it could be a very nice beer

Also Happy Christmas

I loved it-it ain't a session beer though! I'd say one per night would be loads- you can really taste the jalapeño

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think she's trying to kill me this year :)

s5WV0cQ.jpg

And I've just remembered I've the Franciscan Well Jameson stout and some Euphoria. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A bottle of Breakfast Stout..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

nothing yet today but Santa had a bottle of Yule Ól last night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Currently tucking into a Dungarvan Coffee and Oatmeal Stout, thoroughly splendid.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Howdy folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. Ordered a beer hamper from Beerclub and they accidentally sent out two for the price of one. Some lovely beers that I can't wait to get into.

Just started with this little guy. This is going to be a fun Xmas!

This is my haul for Xmas and new year so far. An enjoyable journey thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

In the middle of a White Hag Irish IPA, first time for me and have to say it is great, best craft beer i've had in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I mistakenly bought some white hag oktoberfest thinking it was the ipa, but no complaints on sampling it! Not familiar with the style, nor how it's meant to be, but i'm enjoying it.

Brother in law bought me odell's cutthroat porter, and. BPBP Trinity, so in for a nice evening.

Oh, mother in law got me redbreast 12 too. Woohoo!

Just polished off (with a little help) a bottle of Schneider Tap X Aventinus Mein Barrique (red wine barrel aged Aventinus).
    Surprisingly sour. I is happy! Complexity and strength without being overly sweet. Yum!

I've been wanting to try this beer for sometime.
    It was nothing like I expected - in a good way.

Looking forward to trying the icebock version!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Finishing my day with a Geronimo by Beavertown! I'm full

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Had a can of Bad Attitude Kurt Pale Ale last night. Disappointing; flabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had a White Gypsy Emerald earlier - very disappointing.

• Advertisement

Onto the White Hag Samhain now, lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Forgot how good Black Bucket is, has to be the best Black IPA I've ever tried. Special treat coming up next

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Leann Follain is some beast of a stout. Sweet jebus it is good. Goes fantastically with cheese.

Christmas gatting has so far been 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Just opened a bottle of 8 Degrees Hurricane IPA, absolutely gorgeous stuff!

Dungarven coffee and oatmeal. Very nice subdued coffee this year

And now some goose island bourbon county.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Have had a few bottles of Old Peculiar during the day. A beer I really like and when it is on the 4 for 9 offer in Dunnes it makes it better.

Have a bottle of Raisin and Oatmeal Stout from St Mels to end the day.

herindoors got me a bottle of the O'Haras Barrell ages Leann Folainn but it will have to wait before it is opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Have a bottle of Raisin and Oatmeal Stout from St Mels to end the day.
    What did you think of this? I had a bottle tonight, it was nice and smoky but lacked a little something. I got a hint of raisin aroma but not much taste.

After the Schneider Tap X, the de Struise Rio Reserva I had seemed heavy and overly complicated. Certainly a very well made and interesting beer - maybe I had them in the wrong order.
    Tap X seemed worth its premium price.
    Alas, the RR didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I can see why this is 100% on the beer rating sites, my god. Hands down the best beer I've ever drank. It was a 2012 and 15%. Cake was boozy too so a perfect pairing

u2diRcal.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is the first year I haven't picked up a Bourbon County. I hope the Fw/Jameson is good this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement