Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

blueshed wrote:
    €6 for a btl of McGraths in the Glen Royal hotel Maynooth. have also noticed they are 40/50/60 cents dearer than most other Irish craft beers in off licence

Interesting - what other craft beers do they stock?

I have always found McGraths that bit more expensive. I would consider it well made/good quality, but not necessarily my favourite beer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Having a pint of the seasonal Trouble Brewing Stout Dash Away Cherry Chocolate Stout. It is delicious. :-)

332596.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

that pic is too small, I can't read it, is there a bigger one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Christmas stash. :)

332590.jpg

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The Christmas stash. :)

332590.jpg

So you don't like Stone or Alesmith!

Ipso wrote: »
    So you don't like Stone or Alesmith!

Nah, average breweries.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Should get Stone and Alesmith's barleywines next time you put in an order, they are so good.

jsa112 wrote: »
    Should get Stone and Alesmith's barleywines next time you put in an order, they are so good.

I've had Old Numbskull before, beautiful beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Where'd you get them? I take you had to travel to America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

blueshed wrote: »
    €6 for a btl of McGraths in the Glen Royal hotel Maynooth. have also noticed they are 40/50/60 cents dearer than most other Irish craft beers in off licence

Is that still owned by Nama?

Tip over to Lucan. The County bar has Leann Follain at €4.20, and pints of O'Hara's stout for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Finally on holidays so started the evening with a Firestone Pivo Pils followed by a Deschutes Inversion IPA. I then have a Lost Abbey Judgement day to finish the evening with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Passenger wrote: »
    Having a pint of the seasonal Trouble Brewing Stout Dash Away Cherry Chocolate Stout. It is delicious. :-)

I have a 2l growler of that in the fridge for xmas day, really looking forward to it.

Where'd you get them? I take you had to travel to America?

I wish! Got them on line.

I wish! Got them on line.

Where online?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Rodenbach 2011, tis rather amazing.

Where online?

95% probability the answer is drinkstore

95% probability the answer is drinkstore

Not even close! Brewdog website. ;)

Cheers I'll give it a gander...

...8.50 STERLING for a "Hoppy Lovin' Christmas" ?

Suck me balls Brewdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Had a Crazy Horse from Mountain Man, 'twas a very nice hoppy bastard.

• Advertisement

Might just order a truckload of Zeitgeist* and a few of the Stone beers, cheers.

* Why in God's name is this not imported to Ireland anymore, their best beer by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Of Foam And Fury . The last couple of times i had a bottle of this i was disappointed but this one is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Couple of Hofbrau original. Got a crate of them. Tasty enough.

Not as nice as I remember on tap in Munich. Not in a huge drinking humour tonight so probably not best to judge them completely....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

DarrenG wrote: »
    Finally on holidays so started the evening with a Firestone Pivo Pils followed by a Deschutes Inversion IPA. I then have a Lost Abbey Judgement day to finish the evening with.

What did you think of Inversion? Wasn't crazy about it myself, keep an eye out for Fresh Squeezed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ska Brewing's Euphoria is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Picked up a solas Irish red in tesco earlier. Fairly poor, a bit of malt but lacking in anything else

matrim wrote: »
    Picked up a solas Irish red in tesco earlier. Fairly poor, a bit of malt but lacking in anything else

what the hell were you expecting from an Irish Red.

Frankly, someone like you, buying an Irish Red, you deserve nothing. Nothing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭thesandeman

An I the only one that thinks O Hara's Red actually has something going for it tastewise compared to the others? Seems to be a lot more favourably priced as well.
    My local just got the 8° red in, and while it's an improvement on the usual muck I resent paying €6 a pint for it. Luckily enough it's the Xmas drinks season so I'm not paying for a few of them at the moment. I'll probably have a rant about it come January though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My local just got the 8° red in, and while it's an improvement on the usual muck I resent paying €6 a pint for it. Luckily enough it's the Xmas drinks season so I'm not paying for a few of them at the moment. I'll probably have a rant about it come January though.

Standard 8° beers are €4.80 in my local in Cork city centre. €6 is taking the pish.

Full Irish is €5.60

• Advertisement

Standard 8° beers are €4.80 in my local in Cork city centre. €6 is taking the pish.

2.45 in Spoons!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement