Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

2.45 in Spoons!

Pints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Pints?

ah no bottles.

that works out to 4.22 a pint though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

n97 mini wrote: »
    Is that still owned by Nama?

Tip over to Lucan. The County bar has Leann Follain at €4.20, and pints of O'Hara's stout for €4.

That is cheap. Shame more pubs wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Shearys in Crumlim keep all their craft beers fixed at €5 each. Sometimes it's smaller glasses but that's normally for the rarer or high abv stuff. I think that's a great way to do it. They always have about five craft beers on and they're on constant rotation. Great pub, wish it was my local.

Had a Stone - Go To IPA last night. Nice enough, not spectacular reminded me of the likes of Black's KPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Hope it was a bad barrel or something.
    I've picked up a couple of bottles and at over 4euro a bottle I've hopping it will be good. Love the St Bernardus Abt 12.

No. The barrel was fine. Other people like it. I just had a weird reaction to a beer. I actually quite enjoy when that happens.

That makes me wonder, have the long established ranges from craft brewers started coming down in price? Surely they should be cheaper to make now, and distribute with them going to known bars and off licenses, with regular orders. Or is all that money getting pumped into making one-off brews, or seasonals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Interesting - what other craft beers do they stock?

I have always found McGraths that bit more expensive. I would consider it well made/good quality, but not necessarily my favourite beer at all.

only noticed btls of McGraths and Fran Well, didn't spot anything on tap.

Bradys = Fran Well IPA and red on tap, McGragles on draught, didn't notice any btls.

McMahons = had both of the Kellys Mountain on tap, went for the red.

O Neill's = only had Mcgargles on tap, went for pt of Smithwicks :).

Roost = was to crowded at bar and not my shout so had Morgans and ginger ale:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Ipso wrote: »
    What did you think of Inversion? Wasn't crazy about it myself, keep an eye out for Fresh Squeezed.

I liked it not amazing but still good. Had the Fresh Squeezed during the week. Very, very nice. Now I'm about to open a bottle of Firestone Walker Union Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I've treated myself to Brew Dogs Russian dolls as a Christmas Eve Treat. So far so good.

http://instagram.com/p/w_j91xysIb/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

DarrenG wrote: »
    I liked it not amazing but still good. Had the Fresh Squeezed during the week. Very, very nice. Now I'm about to open a bottle of Firestone Walker Union Jack.

Union Jack is possibly my favorite beer ever. It or Racer 5

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I've treated myself to Brew Dogs Russian dolls as a Christmas Eve Treat. So far so good.

http://instagram.com/p/w_j91xysIb/

I see what you did there with that pic. ;)

I really liked this series. The IPA is the weakest one of the lot but the rest are top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Shearys in Crumlim keep all their craft beers fixed at €5 each. Sometimes it's smaller glasses but that's normally for the rarer or high abv stuff. I think that's a great way to do it. They always have about five craft beers on and they're on constant rotation. Great pub, wish it was my local.

Indeed - they currently have a Beoir Chorca Duibhne on draught for €5 a pint - outstanding value when you consider what it sells for in off licence.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Indeed - they currently have a Beoir Chorca Duibhne on draught for €5 a pint - outstanding value when you consider what it sells for in off licence.

A great price for that. I only work around the corner from there. Must go for a look sometime after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So, visited the Norseman for the first time ever yesterday. Tried the following, all new to me:

O Brother The Chancer American IPA - I liked this.
    Carrig Coalface Black IPA - not my favourite style, first taste wasn't great, but it grew on me.
    Magic Rock Cannonball - much preferred this to the High Wire I had last week.
    Bo Bristle Imperial Red - a poor man's 5 AM Saint? I liked it ok.
    Founders Dark Penance - not as good as I expected based on reading about it. Not really my favourite style in any event.
    Also had the Bo Bristle DIPA and the O'Haras Hop Heavy, neither were new to me, but good to get them again. Hopefully both become part of their regular offerings.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I see what you did there with that pic. ;)

I really liked this series. The IPA is the weakest one of the lot but the rest are top notch.

Yeah the IPA was poor. Loved the DIPA and the BarleyWine is the best of the lot.

Changed my mind now though, think the DIPA was my favourite.

A bottle of Proper Job. I really do love it. In fact I may run away with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

DarrenG wrote: »

Keep an eye out for their Wookie Jack or Velvet Merkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Ipso wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for their Wookie Jack or Velvet Merkin.

I have a 24oz bottle of Wookey Jack for tomorrow. Really looking forward to it after the big feed.

So my 8 month old son started the tradition of leaving out a craft beer for Santy tonight, not that he had the slightest notion what was going on.

Sure all the other kids leave him milk these days, he'll deffo need a beer by the time he gets to my gaf, and he'll have his stomach well lined with milk and pies.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

8 Degrees Russian Imperial.

Yep.

Grayditch wrote: »
    8 Degrees Russian Imperial.

Yep.

Very much yep.

Ill be having one later meself

• Advertisement

Gonna finish the night on a Full Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

So my 8 month old son started the tradition of leaving out a craft beer for Santy tonight, not that he had the slightest notion what was going on.

Sure all the other kids leave him milk these days, he'll deffo need a beer by the time he gets to my gaf, and he'll have his stomach well lined with milk and pies.

:D

We used to leave out a nice warm bottle of guinness FES in the hope that it might be one to many and he'd leave us more:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Fyne Ales Avalanche
    8 Degrees Full Irish
    SN Celebration
    SN Celebration
    SN Celebration

That'll do it.

Here's my list for tonight

Brehon Stony Grey IPA
    8 Degrees Hurricane (such complex hop character compared to the Brehon)
    8 Degrees Russian Imperial Stout

and to finish an Ardbeg Scotch just before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭CR 7

9WWL3ZW.jpg

This is what I'll be working through over Christmas. Starting with the Rosey Nosey tonight. Nice dried-fruity flavours. Don't think I'd drink it at any other time of year though.:pac:

Those two cans, Hipster Ale and Modus Hoperandi really look out of place in front of all those amazing stouts, porters and imperial stouts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

My Christmas and January selection as I've only two days off. Not sure to promote the beer in the middle to January or not.

332674.jpg

Those two cans, Hipster Ale and Modus Hoperandi really look out of place in front of all those amazing stouts, porters and imperial stouts :)

I know, but I needed some donors for this; and didn't want to waste money on something like coke.

0Tw8tOu.jpg

wtf is it?

• Advertisement

wtf is it?

A fun way to teach kids (8+) to recycle!:D Will post pics of Hipster Can Robot at some stage.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement