Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nighttimenetwork Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

I have it on my iTunes Podcasts app.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

New podcast up now :-)

Nice long one aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Are they on holidays??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

youngblood wrote: »
    Are they on holidays??

I think it's probably either dead, or going to be very irregular from here on out. Ray and JP are doing regular podcast only bits now that are somethings 40 minutes long. I can't imagine they have much appetite to do an NTN after all that. Maybe once an hour or two once a month would be good just to hear from Al.

• Advertisement

I don't think its dead, this past weekend JP and I think Al? were away golfing in Cavan from Friday to Sunday and Ray had mentioned Sunday was a no go for him from here on out so I think once they figure out a way forward they will be back...I hope! The show podcast material is different from what the lads do on NTN so hopefully they don't think its obsolete.

if ever there was a good time to do an NTN podcast its now!

DO IT!

So a mod closed the Foley thread which is annoying but someone else obviously felt this way too and tweeted him...his response indicates they may not be allowed to podcast right now but says they will do something as soon as they can...here's hoping an NTN podcast is in the near future so...

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/716531363185369088

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mod: Just a polite warning, please don't question mod decisions on thread, even if those decisions were in another forum. PM the mod in question if you've an issue with it.

/Mod

Interesting response though. I really can't see why they'd be on gardening leave, unless JP is still contracted to 98 behind the scenes or something? Or else they just don't have the time right now for whatever reason.

Either way, I'm dying to know what they're up to. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Mod: Just a polite warning, please don't question mod decisions on thread, even if those decisions were in another forum. PM the mod in question if you've an issue with it.

/Mod

Interesting response though. I really can't see why they'd be on gardening leave, unless JP is still contracted to 98 behind the scenes or something? Or else they just don't have the time right now for whatever reason.

Either way, I'm dying to know what they're up to. :P

Yeah a "tell all" NTN podcast!

Hows JP? Does he have a new "friend"?
    Which DJs do they still hate?
    Is Funky Phone Boy Al still shocking people with sexual innuendos to get attention?
    Have Ann and Shauna merged into the one being yet?
    Why did Deeno not invite the crew to her wedding?

It has been too long since I've heard anyone do a Bill Burr im(**raises pitch**)PRESSION.

• Advertisement

I made the sad decision to remove NTN from my podcast feed today... I've finally come to terms with it being dead. :(

We'll always have the archives I guess...

YOU DRIVE A F*CKING COUPE DICKWAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I made the sad decision to remove NTN from my podcast feed today... I've finally come to terms with it being dead. :(

We'll always have the archives I guess...

YOU DRIVE A F*CKING COUPE DICKWAD!

Awful sad. Wish I listened to more Irish podcasts. Anyone have anything to recommend?

pedatron wrote: »
    Awful sad. Wish I listened to more Irish podcasts. Anyone have anything to recommend?

I think that may be premature, I know it's been a year but even so, took a look at Foley's Twitter and he responded ''yes'' to someone asking will he go back to doing podcasts, and responded ''certainly'' when asked if he is returning to radio. I won't be deleting it purely so I can keep the old eps anyway.

I think NTN may very well be back once he sorts his future out, and it night be better than before given himself and JP won't be working side by side everyday so they will have things to talk about with Al or whoever. I envisage it being a Sunday evening type of thing again maybe.

Someone has just cryptically posted in the forum that touted his supposed move to 2FM weekends hinting that that is incorrect but a big announcement may be in the offing.

For anyone not on the other thread, they're back and it was an enforced podcasting break, not by choice:
    Loughc wrote: »
    THERES A NEW NTN PODCAST UP ON ITUNES!!!!

Featuring Alan, Ray & JP!!! :D

Finally.

New one is up here!

Bizarre timing....

https://soundcloud.com/nighttimenetwork

Best day ever! :D

That was a bloody brilliant episode. The way Alan told his Tesco story had me in knots. :pac:

I hope they don't get too caught up in topics though. One thing that used to annoy me before was when they tried to stick to a format. I agree that maybe throw one out there at the start, but I really hope they don't go down the route of trying to rigidly stick to it as opposed to just having a chat. I mean, like today, sure it would hae been interesting to hear them have a discussion about inspiration or lack thereof, but when it just descended into the usual flowing conversation that happens between the three of them, it was just really fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Lads this is fantastic! Also gas that Ray is going doing a weekend slot on RED FM as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've listened to the podcast in bits and have finally finished.

A couple or thinks to say.
    1. Great to have the lads back and finally people crying about where JP is can stop going on about it.
    2. Al told his story very well. VERY FUNNY.
    3. It's a bit rich for someone from Louth to take a shot at people from cork. I mean Jesus like Hump off JP.

Best part of the podcast was the three lads chiming in on the accounting metaphor for their time at 98FM...''Do you remember when you were doing really complicated maths if you were accounting and then they made you do really basic 1+1's and you totally ****ed it up...how did that happen...nobody wanted to listen to that **** accounting...but then that firm was ****e tho wasn't it...and the guys doing it on before you were **** aswell...you had an hour and a half extra to do much easier maths and yet you didn't have 20 mins of economics in the middle of your accountancy and you still managed to completely **** it up...you had an entire team and you still couldn't get that **** together...''

I was in stitches haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Ahh that was so good!! I hadn't realised how much I missed hearing the lads just chatting about random crap.

I really hope they can stick to doing a weekly podcast.

New episode is up! :D

Trolololo :pac:

Have to say though, the fact Ray put up this explanation is really encouraging vis-a-vie the future of the podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I agree. If he wasn't planning on it being a regular thing he wouldn't haven't bothered updating us. I'm happy he did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is it just him this time round then?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is it just him this time round then?

Yeah, it's just a 2 minute thing where he explains that they recorded an episode last night, but for whatever reason the file was lost.

Now, I'm still going to hold my hope, as he has done a solo cast before, but there seems to be a definite plan in place to record on Thursdays, so I'm reservedly hopeful.

Yeah, it's just a 2 minute thing where he explains that they recorded an episode last night, but for whatever reason the file was lost.

Now, I'm still going to hold my hope, as he has done a solo cast before, but there seems to be a definite plan in place to record on Thursdays, so I'm reservedly hopeful.

Yeah seems like there will be one every Thursday...the lost episode though...hopefully he finds it somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

IUA14 wrote: »
    Yeah seems like there will be one every Thursday...the lost episode though...hopefully he finds it somehow...

Usually when you 'lose' an episode, it's something like the file was corrupted completely or something as dumb as exiting a programme without saving, which is just infuriating, but it happens and generally means your work is gone altogether. Most audio editing programs have the ability to recover files if something happens that closes it without warning.

So if he puts one up saying it's gone, safe to say it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Another good podcast up this week. Sounds like they will stick to recording one every Thursday night.

Highlights this weeks were all the slagging Muireann and Rays racist son!

[URL]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I listened to this weeks podcast in work on headphones. When Ray talked about taking a **** somewhere in the 98 offices as a parting gift I burst out laughing over and over. Everyone in work thought I was mental for a minute because I had in-ear headphones on! I was disappointed to hear JP wasn't going to be on, but the 2 lads were great. Really good podcast.

Advertisement