Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nighttimenetwork Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

buster180 wrote: »
    New Podcast is up

No Al this week, but I enjoyed it. Much more 'radio' talk than normal as it was just Ray & JP. No podcast next Sun/Mon as Ray is away.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

New Podcast is up

Nothing for me on soundcloud. Are you listening through itunes or do I have the wrong link? All the other episodes seem to be there.

https://soundcloud.com/nighttimenetwork

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

For some reason its not in the soundcloud feed but go on his twitter and the soundcloud link is there for this episode. I listened on the iOS Podcasts app and it went up as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

For any android users, you can get it using beyondpod and searching for ntn podcast or adding this feed

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:63071070/sounds.rss

It seems like the Soundcloud feed is working again and the latest podcast ep is on there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

New podcast up just now

Really enjoyable podcast this week with the three of them delving into some more serious issues. And the little (sarcastic?) comment from JP that "leaving TodayFM and going to 98FM and that was a really bad move". Best line of the whole thing from JP "burn me, box me and bin me".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really good episode. Some observations:

1) GOOD GOD JP IS F*CKING WEIRD! It's getting to the point I'm starting to suspect they're getting him to say controversial crap on purpose just to get a reaction... :P

2) They really seem to be holding some sort of grudge against Today FM. The little dig at the the end of the Teresanne discussion was noticeable. Obviously we don't know the full story there, but I dunno, I just don't get it. I think the Today FM line up is the strongest it's been in a long while. I don't understand their hatred for the place...

3) Love it when the three of them are on together. Al adds a lot to how the show flows.

New podcast is up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This is becoming one of my favourite podcasts.

• Advertisement

I think since they came back after the long break and have been doing them weekly it has really gone to another level, loving it lately.

For me when I first encountered Al on the old today FM podcast id never heard of him and he came across a bit strong for me.

But he is really growing on me and brings a huge amount to the podcast as he articulates his points very well IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The thing I love is they're all very strong and different personalities. So much of what they'll say at times I'll disagree with (like I was cringing at Al recounting a Twitter beef with Chris O'Dowd this week...tweets sound so petty when spoken aloud), but it's all very authentic so even though you're thinking, "You dick...", you like them for it anyway. Plus if one of them is being a dick they'll soon get pulled up on it anyway.

I also think the triple-header works rather than just an amalgamation of different voices, like it was at the start (although Ann and Shauna were great). It feels like an actual legit podcast rather than a bunch of mates just winging it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Tbh I'm not mad about Al. The story about Chris O'Dowd was a bit stupid, he made it sound like O'Dowd started it when all he did was follow Al, who initiated the dialogue between the two. So Al gives out about Chris (which he's perfectly entitled to do, I have no issue with that), Chris follows him, Al tweets Chris about his own tweet slagging off Chris, and it's somehow O'Dowd's fault. I think Ray nailed it when Al was going about not being proud on Saturday "oh look how louche I am". Still love the podcast though.

So no podcast yesterday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So no podcast yesterday ?

No, none yet, might go up tonight I guess.

Hopefully it goes up today at some point!

Podcast Only stuff is back on The Ray Foley Show Podcast as of today on a sporadic basis with Ray, JP and Adelle. Don't know what this means for NTN but hopefully they will do both. It was brilliant today...JP getting awful stick! Very much the old show kinda stuff for anyone missing it!

None as of now on the podcast. I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

I'm worried that a return of the podcast only stuff on the show means an end to the NTN stuff...hope I'm wrong!

• Advertisement

IUA14 wrote: »
    I'm worried that a return of the podcast only stuff on the show means an end to the NTN stuff...hope I'm wrong!

I'd be surprised if that was the case, Al can't do the show only stuff and he seems to quite enjoy the NTN.

I hope so but new Ray Foley Show Podcast-Only bit up today, about 45 mins worth too! And brilliant again!

Update: They addressed a question on the NTN on todays podcast and said it will continue and also talked quite a bit about the differences between shows and what they miss...Ann and why she didn't come with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

I hope so but new Ray Foley Show Podcast-Only bit up today, about 45 mins worth too! And brilliant again!

Update: They addressed a question on the NTN on todays podcast and said it will continue and also talked quite a bit about the differences between shows and what they miss...Ann and why she didn't come with them.

Struggling to find this on itunes or pocketcasts app. Is it the website only I wonder?

Its just part of The Ray Foley Show podcast, just tacked on before the show starts on the podcast. Same way as they used to do with the old show.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

Its just part of The Ray Foley Show podcast, just tacked on before the show starts on the podcast. Same way as they used to do with the old show.

I unsubbed after they stopped doing the podcast only stuff. Can't find it now. Looks like the itunes link is broken. All I can find is the old Today fm one. Maybe it'll sort itself out in a bit.

Edit: Have it now. Needed to close itunes fully and open back up! SO odd. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I can find the 98FM show on iTunes but not Pocketcasts. Hopefully it'll sort itself out soon.

New pod just up!!

IT'S ONLY 2 MINUTES!! Just Ray explaining why there isn't a podcast this week

New podcast up, its Ray on his own
    https://soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow/ntn-2015-06-14

New podcast up, its Ray on his own
    https://soundcloud.com/rayfoleyshow/ntn-2015-06-14

It's good it's up but it seems to be only on soundcloud.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's good it's up but it seems to be only on soundcloud.

Its on Itunes now :)

Advertisement