Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nighttimenetwork Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

His night off the 7 o'clock show and weekend away is now making sense!

Saturday Morning: http://virginradio.co.uk/radio/listen-again/1468645200#

Sunday Morning: http://virginradio.co.uk/radio/listen-again/1468731600

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

Oh there's a new, and there using Google Hangouts !

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

New podcast up lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I keep thinking I'm getting loads of notifications. Keep checking my phone....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Any guesses as to who Ray was alluding to in the JNLR discussions?

My guess would be either Matt Cooper, who went up 7,000 in this book but is still down 2,000 YoY, or Pat Kenny who's up 5,000 BoB but down 3,000 YoY... In fact, it probably is Pat tbh...

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Any guesses as to who Ray was alluding to in the JNLR discussions?

My guess would be either Matt Cooper, who went up 7,000 in this book but is still down 2,000 YoY, or Pat Kenny who's up 5,000 BoB but down 3,000 YoY... In fact, it probably is Pat tbh...

I initially thought it was Ray D'arcy or Dermot and Dave but I think you're right in saying it's Pat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What about Anton Savage? How did he do?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah, I thought it may have been Anton, but Anton lost 1,000 this time around. D'Arcy lost about 3,000 I think.

I almost died laughing at both the "The Galaxy S7, perfect for **** in a rainy park!" and them using generator jingle as "the sound of Barney ejaculating". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

No one has mentioned the possible departure of John-Paul?!

After waiting all this time for a return, I'll crack up if they stop now. I'm sure they'll just record on another night. To be honest, I'd rather they just went Ray and Al on a weekly basis than have the occasional podcast with all 3.

Also, I couldn't help laughing at all the fart sound effects, I don't think I'll ever find flatulence unfunny as puerile as that sounds and the lads are the same it seems. :pac:

No one has mentioned the possible departure of John-Paul?!

After waiting all this time for a return, I'll crack up if they stop now. I'm sure they'll just record on another night. To be honest, I'd rather they just went Ray and Al on a weekly basis than have the occasional podcast with all 3.

Also, I couldn't help laughing at all the fart sound effects, I don't think I'll ever find flatulence unfunny as puerile as that sounds and the lads are the same it seems. :pac:

I meant to post about JP actually. I really hope this doesn't become a running theme of the podcast now. I always felt they spent far too much time discussing the scheduling of recordings and the length of each show on the actual show. JP is particularly bad for this and you could even hear it in the most recent episode that Ray and Al are very much in the "Let's just record for as long as we have stuff to chat about." camp and JP is "Anything over an hour and I'm looking at the clock waiting to go."

I get that it's bad timing for JP because of work, but really they just need to have a chat off air, decide what day they're going to do it every week and then just stick to it as if it's part of their job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Perfect solution........

Muireann as JP substitute.......... still feel there's a gap since Ann/Shauna briefly graced us with their presence and a female voice/s def add even more (I hate to add this word) banter between the lads, changes up the dynamic etc or more scope to pull the piss.....

So if JP is too busy there's a def avenue that could be explored.......

Really think the podcast could take off if they kept up the regularity of it.....

Go waaan

New podcast. Ray and al.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    New podcast. Ray and al.

Got about 3/4 of the way through it this morning in the car...they really need JP! Or someone else from radio land Deeno/Ann/Muireann/Nordy/Shauna...I think it works better when there are 3 on the podcast. I don't know if it's just that Ray and JP are used to being on air together that they can have a natural flow and somewhat of a structure to it that Ray and Al don't have on their own but I missed him from the podcast.

When Ray said last week he doesn't want it to just be him and Al because Al would annoy him I laughed...but I must admit the first 20 mins of this podcast Al grated on me a bit...and the sound quality from Al's mic and the hiss didn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The sound quality of Ray's mic is pretty crap in the first 20 minutes (all I've listened to). Defo agree about needing 3 people

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Can't believe I've never known about this podcast?!?

Life = complete :D

I'm now going away to catch up on all of these podcasts and be very happy for the weekend :pac:

New podcast up.

I absolutely lost it when they were doing the scouse accents. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Dublin heroin addict on Virgin radio was pretty funny too, would like to give it a listen this week to see what Ray sounds like over there :pac:

kerryked wrote: »
    Dublin heroin addict on Virgin radio was pretty funny too, would like to give it a listen this week to see what Ray sounds like over there :pac:

I lost my mind at the image of Ray doing the heroin addict voice up until the mic went live. Just like the Eurosong in Father Ted. :pac:

Have to say, I really enjoy when they talk about topics in a serious way as well. I think it's nice that it sounds like three lads just having a chat about something they saw on the internet, with both the serious discussion and jokes combining nicely.

I lost my mind at the image of Ray doing the heroin addict voice up until the mic went live. Just like the Eurosong in Father Ted. :pac:

Have to say, I really enjoy when they talk about topics in a serious way as well. I think it's nice that it sounds like three lads just having a chat about something they saw on the internet, with both the serious discussion and jokes combining nicely.

JP is vital to this podcast I think, the difference in yesterday's to last Friday was huge I though, works much better with the 3 of them!

• Advertisement

New podcast up since about eleven. It's ray on his own. It's grand.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    New podcast up since about eleven. It's ray on his own. It's grand.

Rays sozzled, wonder who was the guy sitting in with him that muttered about 2 words.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Rays sozzled, wonder who was the guy sitting in with him that muttered about 2 words.

Really? Didn't get that at all! Thought it was quite a good podcast actually, was worried it would be a bit pointless on his own but enjoyed it and the London stalker story was hilarious! Shows he is committed to doing it weekly, even if on his own, which is good news!

IUA14 wrote: »
    Really? Didn't get that at all! Thought it was quite a good podcast actually, was worried it would be a bit pointless on his own but enjoyed it and the London stalker story was hilarious! Shows he is committed to doing it weekly, even if on his own, which is good news!

Well it sounded like it at the start with the song he sung. Maybe he wasn't. Agreed though, good podcast. Hopefully we see a return of jp and al and we can all hear about jps tinder date!

I'm about halfway through now, and I have to say I quite enjoy Ray's solo runs every now and then.

I did think he sounded a bit smashed while singing the song (f*cking hilarious btw. "Beauty and the f*cccckin' beeaassstt!"), especially when he said "Anangela lanesbury" (or similar).

I found him talking about it being weird doing a solo show on Virgin rather interesting. Myself (and I'll try avoid sounding like Ray D'Arcy here with my "I did a bit of radio..." spiel), I initially found it an incredibly hard thing to do. I still find it insanely difficult when I'm talking about a news story or something and there's no reaction. It can be sort of disorienting when you say "So I was doing X, y'know?" and there's no response.

Stalker story was gas too. I could just imagine Ray in London, kebab in hand, shouting at some lady "I'm just some lonely Irish guy! I won't attack you!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

MY MIC SOUNDS NICE!

Catching up on the last few podcasts while doing a bit of packing for moving house. Even if it's just Ray by himself, it's still great to have regular NTN. I do hope JP does appear a bit more regularly from now on though cause he adds a lot.

Well, the 3rd reboot of the podcast went well... talk to y'all when the 4th one comes in a year. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

New one posted - Ray & Al according to the description

Well, the 3rd reboot of the podcast went well... talk to y'all when the 4th one comes in a year. :P

Jumped the gun a bit there...deep breath!

• Advertisement

IUA14 wrote: »
    Jumped the gun a bit there...deep breath!

Hey, when I unsubscribed from the feed they resurrected it a few days later. Now, when I made a snarky comment about it not going up last night, it went up within a few hours.

What have we learned? I should bitch and moan more I think. :pac:

Advertisement