Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Holy ****...well that's unexpected...wonder if he has something lined up for later in the year if this is a short term thing for summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭ofcork

Thats great news will have to get up just to hear him!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

IUA14 wrote: »
    Holy ****...well that's unexpected...wonder if he has something lined up for later in the year if this is a short term thing for summer...

Great news indeed, I reckon it's just a Summer thing and he's going to focus on his college work in September doing the odd bit here and there.

Hopefully his show will be up on their Podcast section as well, as I don't do early mornings on Saturdays. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,761 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Redfm ? I think its obvious that I'm a big fan of ray but Jesus redfm ? Ray can do better than red pissing FM. The imaging and app and the presenters in general are horrible. Hopefully they'll be a podcast as I'm not listening to redfm live.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Some spin for him from TV3 on a Friday night to Cork on a Saturday morning...and after all his giving out about the early mornings in 98fm :D :pac:

Hopefully it's a stepping stone for him back to the national airwaves sooner rather than later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Expunge

Just ask Ray to send you his links for the new show in a Dropbox file, cos that's what Red FM are getting.
    It'll be a voice tracked effort probably.

Then you won't have to listen to their horrible imaging and crappy playlist!

You're welcome

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Well holy f*ck that's pretty much one of the last places I expected him to resurface if I'm honest.

I suspect it's either a favour from, or a favour for KC to fill a slot for a while, and I agree with Expunge that it's more than likely going to be VT'd, or at the very least it'll be done from a studio in Dublin. It would make very little sense for Ray to travel to Cork after the 7 o'clock show... I'd love to be wrong though!

I'm delighted either way though. More Ray is more Ray!

How long into his first show before he does his terrible Cork accent? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I imagine its a tester to see how he gets on going solo. Then if it does well he may get a higher profile slot on one of the other comunicorp stations. I would say we will get a ntn podcast soon now that his plans have been announced.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I imagine its a tester to see how he gets on going solo. Then if it does well he may get a higher profile slot on one of the other comunicorp stations. I would say we will get a ntn podcast soon now that his plans have been announced.

Here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Jaysus! Bit of a shock if I'm honest.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

FrostyJim wrote: »

RedFM are owned by Landmark, not Communicorp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im shocked.

I'm interested to hear the first show on Saturday to see what style or format it will take...think it might be an indication on his future direction.

This seems to definitely just be a short-term dipping his toes back in the water thing, and thus prob a good fit for both Foley and Red FM. Its a new departure for Foley without JP...depending on where he ends up I can see him having someone with him perhaps who he knows, but he won't have that team he has always trusted and had by his side of JP, Adelle or Ann...in the short term anyway. I'm sure JP was the same, in uncharted waters without Foley when he joined Off The Ball...though he had the benefit of knowing Nathan Murphy and Adrian Barry amongst others...and being back in Marconi House on familiar ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The journal are reporting that its a show co-presented WITH KC

"Foley is now set to co-present a special 12 week series every Saturday morning with former colleague KC"

http://www.thejournal.ie/ray-foley-presenter-cork-red-fm-2852889-Jun2016/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

"Foley is now set to co-present a special 12 week series every Saturday morning with former colleague KC"

I'm thinking KC'll be in Cork, with Foley on via IPDTL or something...

But seriously, KC used to pop into Ray's podcast only bits back on Today FM days, and the two worked really well together.

I don't know if The Journal are just guessing on that cause nowhere on Red FM did it say that they would be doing the show together.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

THERES A NEW NTN PODCAST UP ON ITUNES!!!!

Featuring Alan, Ray & JP!!! :D

Finally.

Loughc wrote: »

Finally.

3 mins in and Ray said the reason why they haven't done a podcast sooner as it was in his contract he couldn't do radio or podcast for 6 months after leaving 98.

• Advertisement

3 mins in and Ray said the reason why they haven't done a podcast sooner as it was in his contract he couldn't do radio or podcast for 6 months after leaving 98.

This has just made my day...week...month! I hope it's a regular thing now and they do it once a week! Delighted!!! That's surprising...especially if they initiated him leaving as many suggested. Makes sense since JP only took up the job with Off The Ball in June!

I really hope it's a more regular thing too. I've only listened to the first 25 mins of it on my way to work but it's so much fun!!

Great to have the banter back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Foley is with red fm???? him and KC two of today fm's best presenters now on local radio and the likes of hector o hucklebuck and louise duffy are on today fm, what in the name of high school football is going on????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Finally.

What do you search for when in iTunes? I can only find the 98fm ones

What do you search for when in iTunes? I can only find the 98fm ones

It's under NTN: The Night Time Network.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Faugheen wrote: »
    RedFM are owned by Landmark, not Communicorp.

now owned by rupert murdoch

jezzer wrote: »
    now owned by rupert murdoch

I think it's Cork's 96FM that was part of the Wireless group that's being taken over by News Corp, not RedFM

Interesting to hear on the podcast the lads referencing radio features they never believed in and Foley slipping in ''secret sound''...we did all wonder why they did that feature, it would seem it was enforced, along with the tight format. Hoped they could do something great there but didn't turn out that way.

Foley finishes college in August so the RedFM deal seems to have been ideal for him for the 12 weeks.

Finally.

I can't help but take most of the credit for this. I unsubscribed during the week, and I feel that this seismic event spurred Ray into action. :P
    jezzer wrote: »
    Foley is with red fm???? him and KC two of today fm's best presenters now on local radio and the likes of hector o hucklebuck and louise duffy are on today fm, what in the name of high school football is going on????

To be fair jezzer, both Ray and KC left Today FM of their own accord. KC went back to Cork to be with his family and be PD at Red, Ray went to a better paying job in 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I can't help but take most of the credit for this. I unsubscribed during the week, and I feel that this seismic event spurred Ray into action. :P

To be fair jezzer, both Ray and KC left Today FM of their own accord. KC went back to Cork to be with his family and be PD at Red, Ray went to a better paying job in 98.

Are you telling me that a regional radio station pays more than a national radio station who are both under the same umbrella?

I'm no expert on this but I'd imagine the main revenue comes from advertising and companies would pay more to reach a wider audience on National radio than on regional radio?

• Advertisement

Are you telling me that a regional radio station pays more than a national radio station who are both under the same umbrella?

I'm no expert on this but I'd imagine the main revenue comes from advertising and companies would pay more to reach a wider audience on National radio than on regional radio?

All I'm going by is Ray saying on NTN that "I'm paying my bills better now.", and my general impression that 98 injected a hell of a lot of money into Ray's show to try and boost the station as a whole.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Advertisement