Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

A lot of it for me is I don't want to see vanity items advertised in the game (obviously a crucial component to F2P games). Counter Strike Global Offensive gives you rewards at the end of successful rounds (sometimes) such as cases which may contain new weapons skins etc but you have to buy the key to unlock the cases. I have zero interest in paying the microtransactions for things like.

That's a business model in itself and I accept that it is there and that some people like it or pay for stuff but when it comes to an mmo, something you are likely to invest in I would happily pay a monthly subscription so I don't have to deal with that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Ugh, the way they have priced the game purchase is turning me off.

In what f-ing world does $79.99 = €79.99 ?

This alone has just turned me right off. I don't mind buying the game or paying a subscription. But this sort of bull$hit of d1cking over euro customers is very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Even at that i believe the price is well and above the RRP for a standard mmo release. I would expect the 79.99 to be the price of a digital deluxe but with the decline of the PC platform i normally dont expect more than 59.99.

Coupled with this, the game doesnt do anything hugely different from skyrim so i doubt i will buy it at launch (if at all).

Calhoun wrote: »
    Even at that i believe the price is well and above the RRP for a standard mmo release. I would expect the 79.99 to be the price of a digital deluxe but with the decline of the PC platform i normally dont expect more than 59.99.

Coupled with this, the game doesnt do anything hugely different from skyrim so i doubt i will buy it at launch (if at all).

€39.99 on G2play at the moment.

That includes the game, early access and the explorer pack which allows you to play any race in any alliance.

That's a good price. €59.99 is ludicrous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Dermighty wrote: »
    €39.99 on G2play at the moment.

That includes the game, early access and the explorer pack which allows you to play any race in any alliance.

That's a good price. €59.99 is ludicrous!

I don't think that includes the Imperial race which is given with the €79.99 edition.

• Advertisement

I don't think that includes the Imperial race which is given with the €79.99 edition.

Doesn't look like it. I wouldn't pay 20 (or 40) quid for an extra race either though.

new beta invites went out today.

If anyone got one and doesn't want it, feel free to pass it along to me ;)

Curse is giving away 500000 beta keys.

Premium Only: February 4th - 5th, 2014
    All Curse Members: February 6th - 10th, 2014
    Beta Period: From Friday, February 7th at 12:00PM EST until Monday, February 10th at 11:59PM EST

If you are really desperate for a beta key and think that by the 6th all 500000 keys will have been claimed by premium members then you could always subscribe to premium for a month($5) in order to secure your own key;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

500,000? Phwoar.

Got mine in the mail this morning anyway, wasn't blown away by the last beta weekend but I'm willing to try again. It's longer this time too (noon Friday - midnight Monday)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive no invite yet despite getting into the last one.
    I wasnt impressed last time but id like to try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I got one again this morning but I'll be away for most of the weekend.

Really liked the last Beta I have to say. Loads of bugs as its in Beta obviously but I liked the gameplay and that it didn't look too 'Asian grinder mmo' if that makes sense.

Would have preferred open skill development like past ES games instead of picking a class and a few other things but some of the new additions are nice and the crafting looks enjoyable to play about with.

I'm liking what I've seen so far

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I played about 40 miutes of the last beta weekend and found better things to do, just seemed dull

Strangely enough, mine actually came through this morning about 10 hours after they were initially sent out.

Anyway. Will be testing more this weekend so.

Bambi wrote: »
    I played about 40 miutes of the last beta weekend and found better things to do, just seemed dull

Just didn't enjoy it or thought it would be different or what?

Got my code 2 hours ago,long time after they were sent out.

Does anyone still need a key? I have one spare.

Edit:Sent to cruizer101

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Could I get that key Completionist, thanks, pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Just Pre-Ordered the Imperial Edition [Collector's Edition, for PC - comes with a figurine] just for the sake of it... alongside D3's Reaper of Souls CE as well... :3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How big is the client for beta?

How big is the client for beta?

My installation is 29.4 GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The problem I see with this is that it'd likely just be a stop-gap for me until WildStar is out (which looks far superior), and that's why I'm not sure it'd be worth forking out €60 to get it, especially as there's only a few months between the 2 games.

It'll take a much better beta weekend this time to convince me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Peetrik wrote: »
    Just didn't enjoy it or thought it would be different or what?

Maybe my view was coloured by the general negative reception the game had recieved before the beta but it just seemed to be very a vanilla MMO.

I'm not the biggest player of MMO games in anyway

Curse keys available now, Still some left at the time of this post.

http://www.curse.com/betas/teso-beta-key-giveaway

Bambi wrote: »
    Maybe my view was coloured by the general negative reception the game had recieved before the beta but it just seemed to be very a vanilla MMO.

I'm not the biggest player of MMO games in anyway

Fair enough, it grabs your attention or it doesn't. I loved the other elder scrolls games so I was pretty forgiving of any problems I found.

Play any race in any alliance...

This ruins the game for me!

Though it would have been introduced at a later stage anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Is the beta live at 12 tonight?

kevovek wrote: »
    Is the beta live at 12 tonight?

12pm EST = 5pm Irish time (GMT) as far as I can work out. Open to being corrected on that

Servers went live 2 hours early last time i believe.

Dermighty wrote: »
    Play any race in any alliance...

This ruins the game for me!

Though it would have been introduced at a later stage anyway.

This annoyed me when I initially heard it too but tbh I'm just thinking.. why not? Whats the big deal?
    I understand the alliance wars but when playing Skyrim / Oblivion etc.. you see every race in every area. The same with Online. For some RPers it gives them extra option on being an outcast if they choose or whatever.
    And if you are dead set on it, you don't have to pick imperial. You can just pick a race as part of a set alliance and continue on your way.

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    This annoyed me when I initially heard it too but tbh I'm just thinking.. why not? Whats the big deal?
    I understand the alliance wars but when playing Skyrim / Oblivion etc.. you see every race in every area. The same with Online. For some RPers it gives them extra option on being an outcast if they choose or whatever.
    And if you are dead set on it, you don't have to pick imperial. You can just pick a race as part of a set alliance and continue on your way.

It was more along the lines of "reptiles and cats are not in my alliance, so kill any I see" type thing.

Advertisement