Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

kevovek wrote: »
    I've had this for ages and never really played it much but I've had an urge to play an mmo lately so I think I'll reinstall anyone interested in playing on PC?
    Edit: IRL sinister are you far along in it?

I'll hit level 9 by end of tonight. I'm just learning the ropes at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I'll hit level 9 by end of tonight. I'm just learning the ropes at the moment.

Cool, I have a character already not sure what level but I think I'll start from scratch anyway. Might have a look at some character builds while it downloads.

IRLSinister in-game. Char name is Ushra,

EDIT: Gonna try the first dungeon today if I can so if you wanna join let me know. I'm a tank. Heading out for a few hours but I hope to do it a few hours after I return.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Be on the ps tonight if anyone fancies it.

Dungeons are spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Dungeons are spectacular.

Which dungeon did you start with ? Fungal Grotto and Spindleclutch are ok. The Banished Cells is a tough one to begin with.

Which dungeon did you start with ? Fungal Grotto and Spindleclutch are ok. The Banished Cells is a tough one to begin with.

I did Spindle twice (after watching a Youtube video) and Cells twice. Haven't done Grotto yet. I'm a tank though so I guess I get to be a bit more in control.

I did Spindle twice (after watching a Youtube video) and Cells twice. Haven't done Grotto yet. I'm a tank though so I guess I get to be a bit more in control.

Yeah heavy armor and sword and shield are key. I use a two handed greatsword aswell. You have to control the battle in the dungeons alright.

For Dragonknight Tank sword and shield skills.

Ultimate is Magma Shell then Extended Chains, Pierce Armor, Choking Talons, Defensive Stance, Green Dragon Blood.

For Dragonknight Tank sword and shield skills.

Ultimate is Magma Shell then Extended Chains, Pierce Armor, Choking Talons, Defensive Stance, Green Dragon Blood.

Will I get the opportunity to reset my points? I have most of them already.

Also, skill points are unlimited?

• Advertisement

Will I get the opportunity to reset my points? I have most of them already.

Also, skill points are unlimited?

Yes you will be able to reset your skill points later on. I have everything in stamina. Once you get to veteran level there are champion points along with the skill points. They are changing the veteran system soon though.

Gracias. I found Tamrielfoundry.com as well so been doing some reading!

Completely hooked. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I've been playing on PC since it went buy to play. Still really enjoying it, the PVP in particular. Pact, euroserver.

http://esoacademy.com/ is another great resource, better than foundry as it has the updated gear sets.

If you're looking for a few tips or ideas to incorporate into your builds I'd look at Deltia for PVE or Sypher for PVP.

Enjoy :)

IRLSinister in-game. Char name is Ushra,

EDIT: Gonna try the first dungeon today if I can so if you wanna join let me know. I'm a tank. Heading out for a few hours but I hope to do it a few hours after I return.

Hey was just leveling up a bit doing quests for the last few days, I haven't tried any dungeons yet. Seem to be having trouble queuing for them. How long does it usually take to join one? Added your character I think!? Won't be on till tomorrow anyway. Level 12 wood elf templar at the moment not sure where to go with the build sort of ranged damage at the moment will look up a few though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Is this PC ye are talking about, cause I've never had to queue for a due geon on PS?

Yeah its on PC to be clear I'm talking about queuing for a group dungeon not just selecting it from the map.

Can anyone reccomend any must have or handy ui add ons?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started playing this over the weekend (bought it at launch, but never really played it), and am enjoying it so far. Not sure i see myself putting a huge amount of time, but it's fun to just wander around and find things to do. Playing as a Nightstalker, mainly with the bow and I like the playstyle.

Leveling is very slow, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but a few extra skill points would be nice. Need to start finding some more Skyshards. Inventory management is an absolute pain though...my bags are constantly full. Wish it was a weight system like other Elder Scrolls games, as an insect part taking up the same amount of space as a 2h warhammer is kind of annoying.

I've 3600 crowns...what should i buy? The Thieves Guild DLC i'd assume? If i subscribe to it for a month, do i get to keep the DLC after cancelling the subscription?

kevovek wrote: »
    Can anyone reccomend any must have or handy ui add ons?

Best way to manage add ons is a program called minion, it'll let you search for and automatically install handy ones for you.

As for add ons themselves, for 'must haves' I'd recommend Skyshards (by garkin), Lorebooks (by garkin) and Foundry tatical combat (FTC) (by Atropos).

Other optional nice ones are Harven's extended stats (by harven) which lets you see your current resistances etc and Advanced UI (Sensi) just for the minimap, I'd turn off everything else in the AUI and just use the map.

Kiith wrote: »
    I've 3600 crowns...what should i buy? The Thieves Guild DLC i'd assume? If i subscribe to it for a month, do i get to keep the DLC after cancelling the subscription?

No you don't get to keep the DLC's if you cancel your sub. I'd get the Orsinium DLC over the Thieves guild DLC if I were you, makes it much easier to get to v16 and gather materials if you have a v16 area to explore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did my first Public Dungeon last night, which was fun. Found some shards as well, and trying to find some more to get some crafting skills. Combat is growing on me as well, which is nice. Need a mount though, as it's slow going running everywhere.

Will get the Orsinium DLC this week, as the general consensus is that it's the best DLC to get.

I started playing this over the weekend (bought it at launch, but never really played it), and am enjoying it so far. Not sure i see myself putting a huge amount of time, but it's fun to just wander around and find things to do. Playing as a Nightstalker, mainly with the bow and I like the playstyle.

Leveling is very slow, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but a few extra skill points would be nice. Need to start finding some more Skyshards. Inventory management is an absolute pain though...my bags are constantly full. Wish it was a weight system like other Elder Scrolls games, as an insect part taking up the same amount of space as a 2h warhammer is kind of annoying.

You find leveling slow? First time I've heard that beneath Veteran Ranks.

Need a mount though, as it's slow going running everywhere.

If you get a mount from the crown store with your crowns, you can use it on any character you create. You'll still have to level them up on each new char but you'll save a fortune

BTW for anyone one PS4 the guild is back in business. Bank has been restocked with more mats too.

Ill rejoin it later, had left as it wasnt active

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Just passed level 45 and I think I'm on the last mission on ps4. I haven't done any group dungeons yet though.
    Does anyone want to give them a go?
    Or does it make any sense to just wait outside one of the dungeons and piggy back on a group?
    Or, is it something to do when you've joined a guild? How do I join a guild?
    Sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit lost with this stuff.

I have done the majority of those caves already so can run thriugh them with you handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Eldoco wrote: »
    I have done the majority of those caves already so can run thriugh them with you handy enough.

What's your PSN name and I'll add you. What lvl are you at?

Eldoco wrote: »
    Ill rejoin it later, had left as it wasnt active

Yeah, it's such a big game it's hard to stay constantly active.

And I would be down to do those dungeons with you two some time also, as despite being Vet 6, I've only done two of the group ones.

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    Yeah, it's such a big game it's hard to stay constantly active.

And I would be down to do those dungeons with you two some time also, as despite being Vet 6, I've only done two of the group ones.

I have done thr majority of them at this stage due to he daily pledges.

Add us both back to the guild we can start doing them.

Advertisement