Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best nickname you ever heard.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Guy in work swears he knew someone whose nickname was Scary Hairy Non-Dairy Mary. I believe she was a bit aggro, quite hair, and lactose intolerant. Or I heard a guy called Kit Kat. Missing a finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

A guy who works with my friend wears an overpowering amount of aftershave and can apparently be smelled from a great distace.

His colleagues call him Sylverster Cologne.

American footballer Benjarvus Green-Ellis is known as "law firm"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Plazaman wrote: »
    On one of the first days of entry into secondary school, an unfortunate young fella, for some unknown reason, decided to tell one of the PE Teachers that he could not play soccer as he had three balls (how this would impede his participation, no one knew). Anyway he was overheard and for the next six years we called him ET (the extra testicle).

Which reminds me of the guy that lost a testicle playing Rugby at my school. We used to call him 'Mono', because he he went from stereo to mono during the course of one tackle crushing er.. tackle...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭custom900

Used to work with a red haired girl who thought she was gorgeous and popular, and for a long time she loved it when she was called Bo Derek, until someone told her what we were actually saying was Bó Dearg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

American footballer Benjarvus Green-Ellis is known as "law firm"

ah here if you're going nfl,

The nigerian nightmare, the honeybadger, the amish rifle,breesus,crystal chandalier, "don't cross the" moats, megatron,

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭missierex

I knew a very tall, skinny girl in college called Hannah. Her nickname became Hannarexic

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

Footballer called Fitz Hall, nickname is One Size

Edit to add, was in school with a guy with only one eye, was called cyclops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭nc6000

Rugby player Billy Twelvetrees is known as 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Montiii wrote: »

Edit to add, was in school with a guy with only one eye, was called cyclops

I worked with a lad called Sulaman, which evolved into suil amhain and eventually cyclops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Ex Welsh prop Dai Young: unsurprisingly known as 'Live Fast'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Worked with Lee Rhodes

Knicknamed "Balls"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Lad in school who had a serious limp was know as 'The snipers nightmare'

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Martyy

Knew a guy who was eyescrossed. They called him "sniper"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I seem to remember Captain Mark Phillips - Princess Anne's first husband - was nicknamed 'Fog' or 'Foggy' by the Windsors, as he was thick and wet.

Coming as it did from a family of plug ugly inbreds, that had to smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭preston johnny

I swear this is true.......When I was working in Holland, I lived in a town called Brielle near Rotterdam. I was sharing a house with a couple of lads from the North East of England.
    One of them had a thing going with this Dutch girl who used to work in a flower shop in the town. Every morning,and I mean every morning, really early, she would cycle round to our house, pop into this lads bedroom and give him a BJ.

Her nickname.........The Gobbling Florist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I swear this is true.......When I was working in Holland, I lived in a town called Brielle near Rotterdam. I was sharing a house with a couple of lads from the North East of England.
    One of them had a thing going with this Dutch girl who used to work in a flower shop in the town. Every morning,and I mean every morning, really early, she would cycle round to our house, pop into this lads bedroom and give him a BJ.

Her nickname.........The Gobbling Florist :)

I would have called her The Turkey.

Wesley 'Two Scoops' Berry. When everyone else took one scoop, Wesley took two.

Then he jumped over a car.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I worked with a guy called Peter who was from Penzance in England, everyone called him Pirate Pete.

Two other lads I worked with were virtually inseparable, they got christened Hinge and Bracket.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I would have called her The Turkey.

How about 2lip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

One of my friends when we were 13 on MSN he tried to put his name as :P Rochey and forgot the ":" and has been known as Prochey ever since.

Also know a girl called "Dick-Rub" because she only gives outside the pants **** and there is also a fella called "Saucepan" because his dad hit him with one haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

One of my mates used to work with a fella called Seriously Attractive Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Know a guy whose nickname is "Potholes", because everybody wants to avoid him when he has drink taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

One of the teachers in secondary school had fairly prominent facial hair so her nickname was whiskers.

Another middle aged teacher had a beard, a bald patch, and a long face so his nickname was rabbi.

Another teacher who was at the school for decades had a nickname "rocks". I'm not sure why. But when his son started in the school his nickname was pebbles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 K ninja

I once new a guy called 'psycho' McInerney. He was a traveler with schizophrenia so naturally they called him psycho.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

My father worked with a guy who had the nickname Crazy Horse. His son later joined the company and he instantly became Crazy Pony.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

Former Australian rugby captain John Eales was nicknamed 'Nobody' because "Nobody's Perfect".

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

I worked with a father and son before one was called digger the son was mini digger.
    Another lad was called "blackie" because he didn't like travelers, we also used to put ads in the buy and sell advertising traveller related items for cheap or free, old hi-aces, donkeys, piles of scrap metal. It was great fun seeing him plagued with phonecalls the day the buy and sell came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

My friend works with a lad with a flat head, they call him pancake.

Supposedly he goes mental on Pancake Tuesday when everyone gets him a card for his birthday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Worked with a lad at the local council in Scotland that was known as "Davy Dig Deep"

He was notorious for sticking the back bucket on his JCB through power cables and water mains.

Lad in the local known as Dulux as he only has the one coat that he has worn for the past 7 years...

Advertisement