Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best nickname you ever heard.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Ray " Poodle " Parlour, ex Arsenal Footballer

We had two teachers in school who were married to each other. Her maiden name was Miss Sharkey and he had a bit of a limp.

They became Sharkey and Crutch .............in deference to the 70's American TV cop show ( for those of you too young to remember it was called Starsky and Hutch ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Knew a guy in the american military, a diver called Steve Soto.

He was known as Scuba Steve and he had his name tag on uniform changed to this. He was caught with it one day and chewed out of it so he legally changed his name to Scuba Steve so he could keep it and give the boss two fingers.

Scuba Steve was the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

MarkR wrote: »
    Or I heard a guy called Kit Kat. Missing a finger.

I knew a guy called Kit Kat too. He was mates with a friend of mine. He was acting the b0ll0x as a kid and mucking about in a primary school in Ayrfield (Dublin) and the Gardai showed up.

They all ran off thinking they we're getting a chase and climbing a fence wtih those 3 pronged spikes on the top of each part of the fence. His finger with the ring on it got caught on one of the prongs and when jumped over the fence his finger came off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There was a guy I knew who was called Jimmy Two Stroke.

The background behind his nickname was that years ago he got a hand job from a local girl and his happy ending came very very very quickly................................. Unfortunately for him, she told everybody......................................... thus Jimmy Two Stroke. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Gosub wrote: »
    For me it has to be South African cricketer Monde Zondeki. His nickname was 'All Hands'. This wasn't because he was a good catcher of the ball.

All Hands Zondeki is fricken brilliant. :D

Anyone have as good, or better?

Former Rugby League player Martin Offiah's nickname was 'Chariots'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fella used to drink in a pub that I frequented, he was known as 'Frank Bruno' as he never got a round in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

IK09 wrote: »
    My friend works with a lad with a flat head, they call him pancake.

Supposedly he goes mental on Pancake Tuesday when everyone gets him a card for his birthday

I'm in knots reading that :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

A teacher when I was growing up was known as Two-pint Terry due to his inability to hold his drink (as told to us by another teacher)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Knew of a girl, vaguely in my circle when living in London for a short while. She wasn't exactly a looker but had a reputation for, err, giving head. So she was known as Mike Dyson.

Nice girl too.

A teacher when I was growing up was known as Two-pint Terry due to his inability to hold his drink (as told to us by another teacher)

The name Terry really does set a guy up for a lifetime of failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭KH25

Worked with a woman who was called Gravy, because she went with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Two brothers down my way....Older guy known as 'Horse' and younger guy known as 'Pony'..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

One of my uncles has a hump on his back.

My dad ( his brother in law ) used to always call him schoolbag

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Group I know has a friend with epilepsy they call "Fitzy" thankfully he see's the funny side to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ray " Poodle " Parlour, ex Arsenal Footballer

We had two teachers in school who were married to each other. Her maiden name was Miss Sharkey and he had a bit of a limp.

They became Sharkey and Crutch .............in deference to the 70's American TV cop show ( for those of you too young to remember it was called Starsky and Hutch ).

I was in that school!

Ex principal was known simply as The Boss, the guy who took over from him was John Major.

There was Whacker, because he was McCarthy - great teacher.

There were 2 female teachers with the same surname - Fat or Skinny was the way to differentiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

I know two blokes from different parts of Dublin nicknamed "tea bag" because their surname is lyons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Used to work with two lads, a father and son. They always had some ailment or other, sore knee, neck, back etc. They were known as Aches and Pains.

Went to school with a lad who had some sort of nerve thing going on where he would move his head in a side to side action for no particular reason. He be came known as Ding Dong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I knew of a guy who was missing part of one ear, so he was nicknamed 18 months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Terry

Sounds normal right?

Not when the reason for it was that the bloke in question supposedly looked like a Terry's chocolate Orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I have a friend who is Fat and Ginger so his nickname is Mustafa al FatRed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

In my early apprentice days, first day on site with all the old fellas in the portacabin having the breakfast..they asked what was my trade and i said a stonemason. They all laughed and said i should have went to college to become a Gynecologist..and so the nickname 'Gyne' stuck on site, and still is..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I worked with a guy about 20 years ago called Pat Treacy. His nickname was Ricardo - after the racing driver, Ricardo Patrese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Lad works in a shop down the road from my mother, has very bad teeth - known as Colgate

Used to work in a place with a total weapon called Ursula, we called her Ulcer-a

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

good buddy of mine called "Gearbox"... used to drive a ready mix truck that seemingly has 17 gears and generally no need to go thru each and every gear... however Gearbox utilised each & every gear as he liked the nice of the pissing air it made.

His brother, "Scrodge" got his nick name as he once spelt Scrooge wrong while doing a crossword in school.

Some other good names on our group of friends would include Spud, Bones, Barnyard/ and or Fritzel, Whack, Skippy, among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

An inbred guy called 'Butters'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Worked with a guy called Potholes -- everyone avoided him.

The footballer Fitz Hall is nicknamed "Onesize".

The lad up in North Cork called Con Carney, they call him Chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Jewish friend of mine (in the states) was obsessed with all things army so we used to call him GI Jew: The Real American Hebrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

We basically have nicknames for everyone

Snorty for a girl who snorts all the time when laughing

Norris for a lad who is always around incase he misses something, same lad is also referred to as lugs or ryan air as he has big ears( and his name is Ryan)

Another lad is Eggy cause of his bald egg shaped head

Another lad is Freebie cause he is always around if someone is buying pints or if free food is going

Paddy windscreen is another one because of one of the lads antics with a car windscreen i imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

ghogie91 wrote: »
    We basically have nicknames for everyone

Snorty for a girl who snorts all the time when laughing

Norris for a lad who is always around incase he misses something, same lad is also referred to as lugs or ryan air as he has big ears( and his name is Ryan)

Another lad is Eggy cause of his bald egg shaped head

Another lad is Freebie cause he is always around if someone is buying pints or if free food is going

Paddy windscreen is another one because of one of the lads antics with a car windscreen i imagine

I thought this was best nicknames ever?

• Advertisement

ghogie91 wrote: »
    We basically have nicknames for everyone................................

Begs the question - what's your nickname.

Mine is "foot-long" btw.

Advertisement