Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best nickname you ever heard.

Options
  • 07-01-2014 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

For me it has to be South African cricketer Monde Zondeki. His nickname was 'All Hands'. This wasn't because he was a good catcher of the ball.

All Hands Zondeki is fricken brilliant. :D

Anyone have as good, or better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Worked with an English fella who's surname was Mycock - his nickname in the office was Tug

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Probably a common one, but calling anyone with a large head "Death Star" always makes me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

A lad called 'Thrush'...because he was an irritating cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Guy in work is currently engaged to his 4th or 5th girlfriend - he's referred to as the lord of the rings:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Worked with a complete gimp called bungalow , cause he had nothing upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Fuzzy Dunlop

You'll have to see The Wire to know why it's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Victor Meldrew as he lost his lower leg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Sick note........always on the stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,569 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Worked with a chap, many moons ago, whose surname was Palmer.

His nickname?

Face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Chris. Chris Musampa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Just remembered a guy I used to work with, his nickname was minty - because it was always after eight when he'd show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

The Start of June - his real name was Enda May

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

On one of the first days of entry into secondary school, an unfortunate young fella, for some unknown reason, decided to tell one of the PE Teachers that he could not play soccer as he had three balls (how this would impede his participation, no one knew). Anyway he was overheard and for the next six years we called him ET (the extra testicle).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fitz Hall who plays for Watford is called One Size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭preston johnny

I know a lad called Billy Chestnut, and his nickname is William the Conqueror

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Plazaman wrote: »
    On one of the first days of entry into secondary school, an unfortunate young fella, for some unknown reason, decided to tell one of the PE Teachers that he could not play soccer as he had three balls (how this would impede his participation, no one knew). Anyway he was overheard and for the next six years we called him ET (the extra testicle).

Reminds me of a school mate who had a nasty accident going over the handlebars of his bike catching and ripping his sack open. Lost a testicle.

Forevermore known as one ball Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Mate of mine waz called daz cos he would shift any old dirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

I knew A guy who's nickname was stinky. Not because he smelled, but because he looked like a guy who smells. Forever more he's been introduced to women as stinky, severely harming his chances... And he doesn't even stink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭preston johnny

I had dealings in Cork at a car repair garage one time, and an apprentice at a local panel beater and paint shop was nicknamed 'Soup', why Soup? I asked his foreman..............
    'Because he's a thick country Vegetable' came the reply.........charming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Anthony 'Chester' Beatty always made me laugh;

http://www.rte.ie/news/2001/0706/16678-ranelagh/

Probably makes no sense to anyone outside Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭iMac_Hunt

I used to work with a lad who was called the clock because he had one arm shorter than the other.

Another guy that would never go out was called eternal flame. The same guy met a girl and used to head out the odd time so people started calling him flicker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

My cockney mate told me about his mate Dan. Dan was neither the sharpest knife in the drawer and nor was he particularly handsome.

All of which earned him the nickname Dan Syndrome :pac: (sounds funnier in a London accent and their pronunciation of down/ Dahn....innit)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Seagull, as he robbed a guy's sandwich in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MMA Fighter named Andre "Touchy" Fili.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Irish fighters in mma have some good ones, there chris"the killing" Fields, Dave "The High" King.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chubba1984

I know a guy caled House who has a brother called Bungalow because he's as big as House but he's got nothing upstairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Female co-worker 'Barracoots' originally 'Barracuda' - has a slightly aggressive character
    Male co-worker 'Shmeegal' - no reason specified

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

jimboblep wrote: »
    Mate of mine waz called daz cos he would shift any old dirt

Yeah, a lad I work with has that nickname for the same reason. For a few years, I thought it was because his name was David...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Arawn wrote: »
    Irish fighters in mma have some good ones, there chris"the killing" Fields, Dave "The High" King.

James ''Sexual'' Healing is another great one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Every one called the boss 'Old Always' his Surname was Wright.

Guess who addressed him as 'Mr. Always' on her first day!! DOH!!:o

Advertisement