Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got one of those nooks earlier. My first e-reader. Nice piece of kit :D

I must get it rooted and all that craic now as I have a few books on kindle app and play books app too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

matchthis wrote: »

You can get this on Amazon for around 25 euro.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Why would you do that when it's only €22.79 on Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 45,931 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I understand that Amazon wont deliver perfumes, after shaves etc to here. At least thats the way it was when I last ordered about 2 years ago

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Why would you do that when it's only €22.79 on Argos

Because it's not available in a lot of stores, also highlights that it's not exactly a bargain.

Use Parcel motel with Amazon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Because it's not available in a lot of stores, also highlights that it's not exactly a bargain.

Use Parcel motel with Amazon.
    Amazon wont deliver that stuff to here or N.I. so Im unsure as to why you are persisting with posting this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ablelocks

muffler wrote: »
    so Im unsure as to why you are persisting with posting this

He's Louis Van Haal.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Have 2 of these watches in swords under clearance,not in catalogue €92.99 link said last selling price was €317

Amazon wont deliver that stuff to here or N.I. so Im unsure as to why you are persisting with posting this

Not sure, I've ordered it anyway to Parcel motel with no problems.

Persisting? I only mentioned it once.

I've a pamphlet here with a how to guide as I predicted your question. Send me on your address.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Send me on your address.
    No need. Here's a screen grab showing on the left hand side where amazon wont deliver to Ireland and on the right side the exclusions in relation to non mainland UK deliveries. :)

7K2NiP.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

No need. Here's a screen grab showing on the left hand side where amazon wont deliver to Ireland and on the right side the exclusions in relation to non mainland UK deliveries. :)

7K2NiP.jpg

Could it be that Louis Van Haal is buying from a seller and not directly from Amazon or might not be the same product.

nava wrote: »
    Could it be that Louis Van Haal is buying from a seller and not directly from Amazon or might not be the same product.
    I'll leave that for the man utd manager to answer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'll leave that for the man utd manager to answer :pac:

From the seller 'Long Ball Direct Ltd.' on Amazon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

I've bought some cologne, deodorant etc from Amazon before, probably was from supplier rather than Amazon itself, have to say it was suspect whether it was snide or not - wouldn't buy that kinda stuff from there again- too easy to copy

nava wrote: »

Correct, thanks for clearing that up Nava. I can put my pamphlet back in my suitcase.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

ninty wrote: »
    NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight link

Where can you buy e-books for this without going about the rooting, connecting to computer, converting files etc.

Amazon only sell Kindle editions, Book Depository don't sell e-books, Eason sell Kobo and their site says that some e-books have Drm. What other online bookshops are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

What other online bookshops are there?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK-Book-eBook-store/379003094

Not sure about DRM tho... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

laros wrote: »

Thanks. That site says you have to register the device on their site and you need a US address. Am I missing something here :confused:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Support-NOOK-Simple-Touch-with-GlowLight/379003533

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dconstantin

you can always use calibre to organize books and convert them in various formats.

for ebooks you can use mobilism.me/viewforum.php?f=1292

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Ageyev wrote: »
    Where can you buy e-books for this without going about the rooting, connecting to computer, converting files etc.

Amazon only sell Kindle editions, Book Depository don't sell e-books, Eason sell Kobo and their site says that some e-books have Drm. What other online bookshops are there?

If you download the free kindle for ereader app (also available for tablets etc) you can get the books in the relevant format direct from amazon. I use it a lot on my tablet and find it great and there's a good selection of free books available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

ninty wrote: »
    NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight link

Dropped my old Nook and didn't want to pay more than 40 for a replacement - delighted with this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭CH3OH

LG 24MT46 24 Inch Full HD LED TV. 262/7182 at €129.99

The TV is back in stock in all stores except Jervis
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=262%2F7182

Up until the 22nd Feb the following promotion is also running
    Spend over €100 and get a €10 gift card

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

CH3OH wrote: »
    LG 24MT46 24 Inch Full HD LED TV. 262/7182 at €129.99

The TV is back in stock in all stores except Jervis
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=262%2F7182

Up until the 22nd Feb the following promotion is also running
    Spend over €100 and get a €10 gift card
    Does this have saorview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

barneyrub wrote: »
    Does this have saorview?

It has an Mpeg4 tuner, so yes

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Wang King wrote: »
    It has an Mpeg4 tuner, so yes
    Great, thank you. Would I need anything else with it to pick up saorview. Sorry im not up to speed with TV things

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Great, thank you. Would I need anything else with it to pick up saorview. Sorry im not up to speed with TV things

you willneed something like this,don't think the indoor ones are much use for a decent signal.
    http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/step-2-check-aerial/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

If you already have an aerial in the house you are sorted , if not maybe a mains powered rabbit ears will sort you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Shmah

Sorry I'm clueless about tvs and free view / saorview. Can I buy that LG tv and come home from argos, plug it in and get free view channels without an aerial? I live in an apartment and we aren't allowed but aerials / dishes up. There are sky dishes on the roof which cover the whole building but I guess these won't give me saorview!

Have one of these tvs reserved so any advice gratefully welcomed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement