Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Get €10 off chromecast if bought with LG tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Seems like they've started included the response time info on a lot of TVs from what I've seen, always wanted more TV sellers to provide it so glad to see it. But it seems like most are <10 Ms, even the cheaper models, which I thought was only done on high end Bravias etc. There's no way they could be giving lower stats than the TVs actually do, right? Or are TVs response times generally a lot better nowadays since most models would have gaming modes available?

I was buying at xmas, any panny, lg or Sony i looked at were around 5-16m.

Seems to be a non issue anymore on a decent set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Heres my annoying situation..

Reserved an item for 129.99 - the website said it'll be in stock and collectable from Dundrum on Wednesday 4th - went in Wednesday afternoon and was told it's probably there, but they haven't updated their system yet so I can't buy it.

Annoying but ok, will go back today. But I now notice two things -

1) The price of the item has gone up to 159.99 - will the item be honoured at the reserved price, or the new one? I have the 129.99 price on an email
    2) The promo, 10 euro voucher when over 100€ spent, has now finished. I wanted this on Wednesday, it's their fault they delayed me buying it due to failing to update their own system. Will there be any chance I can still get it, or who would I contact about this?

cheers for any info

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Your best result is getting it for the €129

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Your best result is getting it for the €129

And that's what happened. They were grand about it actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

nm wrote:
    And that's what happened. They were grand about it actually.

It's still €129 online now.

cathalj wrote: »
    It's still €129 online now.

What is?

This was a NutriNinja

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

fdevine wrote: »
    Reservation system has gone bananas

I reserved something & got the text with the reservation number but no record of it in store.
    Reserved using a different phone number but no text received yet the reservation was on the system in store.

Emails have been hit and miss too

Reserved HP printer today, email but no text

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seems a lot of people have not been getting the text alert since last weekend no explanation as of yet. Just print your email or do a screen grab as proof of the price and reservation number.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

zerks wrote: »
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3257881

Philips 58PUS6809 58In 4K Ultra HD Freeview HD 3D Smart TV, €1299 was €4120

Out of stock.
    Also alot of sites are saying it has no HDMI 2.0 ,other sites say it does,would stay clear unless sure of specs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

siber wrote: »
    McAfee Live Safe - Unlimited Devices €27.99

91-2640891UC1710998M.jpg

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2640891.htm

A better bargain would be to keep your money in your pocket and don't bother installing this bloatware.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

nm wrote:
    What is?

nm wrote:
    This was a NutriNinja

Sorry, thought you were referring to the LG tv - the posts above yours were , and coincidently also priced @ 129.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Has anyone got this from Argos:
    Buy Hoover Spirit Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner. at Argos.ie - €55.99

As my Dyson motor packed up a while ago, it will cost €80/€40 non-Dyson part to fix & see this as a good alternative as the Henry hoover is ok, but takes ages for carpets :o

Any reviews on it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭craggy2

Has anyone got this from Argos:
    Buy Hoover Spirit Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner. at Argos.ie - €55.99

As my Dyson motor packed up a while ago, it will cost €80/€40 non-Dyson part to fix & see this as a good alternative as the Henry hoover is ok, but takes ages for carpets :o

Any reviews on it, thanks.

A few reviews on the UK site.http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerm/2286516.htm

craggy2 wrote: »

Thanks, never thought of checking the UK site, wonder why there aren't many reviews, if not any on the IE site?

Judging by one review:
    Bought this Vacuum cleaner before the E.U ban high powered machines,
    I forgot about that, looks good as well on pet hairs, but was wondering on the product no.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

and it has an E energy rating so not good when the electricity bill comes in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

muffler wrote: »

We don't all live in stately piles muffler! Quick run around my bungalow with a vacuum cleaner would take about 5 minutes. Not going to make a dent in my electric bill. Not when I boil about 5 kettles for hot water bottles!

muffler wrote: »

Yeah I saw that as well, as i heard it was good for pet hairs, with the strong suction, although it might cut out the middle-man/ground by putting the hoover on the dog? ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

I have been on the lookout for a sound bar for a while.

After somereserch I bought this one yesterday. Great value for the price. 4.1 , active amp, great sound etc

It also has Bluetooth (not advertised for some reason)

It came with every connection including an optical cable.

If it is not in stock it can be ordered for collection

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9152526/Trail/searchtext%3ESOUNDBAR+BUSH.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stanley Fat Max drill €109.95

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=7114360

I have one and it's a great piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Pro Fitness Exercise Bench with 30kg Weights.- 67.09euro
    166/2959 -not a great ammount of weights but ok for a beginner..
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1662959.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight link

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ninty wrote: »
    NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight link

How would this compare to the kindle paperwhite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How would this compare to the kindle paperwhite ?

I had a kindle touch and sold it to buy this. This has a built in light in the screen like the paper white but its less than half the price. I've had it in daily use for nearly a year now with no issues to report, although some forums report problems with screen freezing. There are three nook glowlights in my house, very popular!

damian139 wrote: »
    I had a kindle touch and sold it to buy this. This has a built in light in the screen like the paper white but its less than half the price. I've had it in daily use for nearly a year now with no issues to report, although some forums report problems with screen freezing. There are three nook glowlights in my house, very popular!

Are the books more or less expensive on the nook ? Sorry for all the questions just looking for my first ereader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Are the books more or less expensive on the nook ? Sorry for all the questions just looking for my first ereader

The books are just a different format .epub, probably be around the same price if your buying them....the light tech is old on these and the new kindles are far better...but at this price they are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

You can convert any e-books using software and you can also install android on the Nook in parallel with its own OS and install the Amazon e-reader app. It's also got a micro SD card slot.

Great things.

Pique wrote: »
    You can convert any e-books using software and you can also install android on the Nook in parallel with its own OS and install the Amazon e-reader app. It's also got a micro SD card slot.

Great things.

How do you go about all of that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

How do you go about all of that ?

Google rooting nook glow light and you'll get all the details. You'll need a micro SD card to do it though. I'd recommend having two because you can use one as a copy of the original software in case it all goes wrong. It's very easy to do you copy the files to the SD card and it auto runs everything if memory serves.

Worded of warning: Makes sure you get the glow light rooting files and not the standard nook files. That carelessness caused me a lot of unnecessary problems.

• Advertisement

murphm45 wrote: »
    Google rooting nook glow light and you'll get all the details. You'll need a micro SD card to do it though. I'd recommend having two because you can use one as a copy of the original software in case it all goes wrong. It's very easy to do you copy the files to the SD card and it auto runs everything if memory serves.

Worded of warning: Makes sure you get the glow light rooting files and not the standard nook files. That carelessness caused me a lot of unnecessary problems.

Thank you. I'll look it up now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement