Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

What is with a 5pm kickoff? People have to work on Good Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

danthefan wrote: »

But those people call it Bad Friday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

danthefan wrote: »

About half of people do; bank holiday and builders holidays. There's a large number of school goers who have nothing on and the time will suit their parents to get them out of the house.

I'd rather the later kick off but I don't think the crowd will be hugely affected overall by the time of kick off. I don't think it will be much of a crowd mostly due to the opposition and the lack of publicity around the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I really don't understand this kick off time - it doesn't affect me, but if I were working today, I would be raging. It's neither afternoon nor evening - what on earth? Hope we get a decent crowd and it's not swamped with people just wanting to get to a legit source of beer.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I really don't understand this kick off time - it doesn't affect me, but if I were working today, I would be raging. It's neither afternoon nor evening - what on earth? Hope we get a decent crowd and it's not swamped with people just wanting to get to a legit source of beer.

I think a mix of TV rights to the (small and religious) Italian audience and Good Friday here too;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

I'll be surprised if it isn't swamped by people looking for booze

BUMP (my own post:()

If any of you boozehounds want a day out today:)

rockbeast wrote: »
    Hey,

I've two boozing passes/Leinster tickets, going for tomorrow if someone wants to take them off my hands.

Gratis, of course.:)

Anglesea Stand, Block B.

Two projects due on Tuesday, unfortunately:(

PM if you want them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

does anyone know if tickets can be scanned off a mobile screen rather than printing them out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

They can afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

I have seen it done many times. Just make sure to take a good quality photo, and have the brightness settings turned up on the screen when they scan it.

In fact it's a good idea to take a pic of your season ticket at the start of the season, so you can always have a backup in case of emergencies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just looking at the table and it's possible that Glasgow could easily finish second. They've gone on a great run and have played or will play Ospreys, Munster and Ulster in the run-in.
    These last few weeks are going to be very exciting with us still to play Ulster, Ulster have to play us, Glasgow and Munster (ouch) and Munster still to play Ulster.
    Heck of a final few weeks to decide the order of the top 4. I still think we're favourites to finish top but we'll have a tough semi playing any of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

If we don't get top spot it'll be a crime. Two bp wins against Treviso and embra should see us home.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Just looking at the table and it's possible that Glasgow could easily finish second. They've gone on a great run and have played or will play Ospreys, Munster and Ulster in the run-in.
    These last few weeks are going to be very exciting with us still to play Ulster, Ulster have to play us, Glasgow and Munster (ouch) and Munster still to play Ulster.
    Heck of a final few weeks to decide the order of the top 4. I still think we're favourites to finish top but we'll have a tough semi playing any of the others.

Feck the rest of them. We'll get at least a losing BP there after tonight's 4 try BP...

Ulster's finances are fine - the "refurbished" Ravenhill is great and they budgeted for last years rambles.

But the Munster finances are now in trouble if they don't get a home semi-final OR beat Toulon.

Right now, they've got more chance of beating Toulon...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭phog

Feck the rest of them. We'll get at least a losing BP there after tonight's 4 try BP...

Ulster's finances are fine - the "refurbished" Ravenhill is great and they budgeted for last years rambles.

But the Munster finances are now in trouble if they don't get a home semi-final OR beat Toulon.

Right now, they've got more chance of beating Toulon...

I've no idea about other provinces but Munster certainly never budget for knockout games in either the league or cup. If we miss out on the league s/final we've already had a home q/final in the H/cup where extra seating was required and Munster can sell their corporate seats at top dollar compared to the league.

However, the city, the fans and Munster would be delighted with a league s/final and final but I think our losses to Scarlets, Leinster and Glasgow out paid to that.

phog wrote: »
    I've no idea about other provinces but Munster certainly never budget for knockout games in either the league or cup. If we miss out on the league s/final we've already had a home q/final in the H/cup where extra seating was required and Munster can sell their corporate seats at top dollar compared to the league.

However, the city, the fans and Munster would be delighted with a league s/final and final but I think our losses to Scarlets, Leinster and Glasgow out paid to that.

Never say never, Phog...

It was expected, if only for the signings munster were contemplating.

Leinster too, for sure. A handy 500k will certainly pay for 2 years NIQ/Project salary...

It makes a serious difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Hope we get a decent crowd.

Hope there's nobody there and the clowns in charge of scheduling it learn not to make the same mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

A home Rabo semi isn't a massive money spinner. Attendance is typically 14k at average 30 a ticket. Deduct rent and expenses blah blah and it's not going to buy you that much.

Never say never, Phog...

It was expected, if only for the signings munster were contemplating.

Leinster too, for sure. A handy 500k will certainly pay for 2 years NIQ/Project salary...

It makes a serious difference.

Maybe hoped for but certainly their budget isn't based on getting home knockout games.

Maybe hoped for but certainly their budget isn't based on getting home knockout games.

Projections, Phog.

Projections are what keep the world spinning...;)

Projections, Phog.

Projections are what keep the world spinning...;)

Projections are based on budgets not aspirations.

• Advertisement

Projections are based on budgets not aspirations.

:confused: Budgets are based on projections, Phog.

:confused: Budgets are based on projections, Phog.

In a season the only games Munster are sure of are 7 Rabo games in Thomond, 4 in Musgrave Park and 3 H/cup in Thomond. These are what Munster base their projections/budget on.

As with any team they'd love to get to and win finals but none of their budgets/projections are based on these hopes.

In a season the only games Munster are sure of are 7 Rabo games in Thomond, 4 in Musgrave Park and 3 H/cup in Thomond. These are what Munster base their projections/budget on.

As with any team they'd love to get to and win finals but none of their budgets/projections are based on these hopes.

Well done, Phog. You've just defined the difference between certainties and projections:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Phog

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

durkadurka wrote: »
    A home Rabo semi isn't a massive money spinner. Attendance is typically 14k at average 30 a ticket. Deduct rent and expenses blah blah and it's not going to buy you that much.

IIRC last year the semi had a poor attendance. Mostly because the time of the year and everyone was buying tickets for the european cup knock out stages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

durkadurka wrote: »

420k income + more from sponsors selling hoardings. However I am sure the away team gets a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Never been RDS for a rugby game before, anywhere decent to get food?
    Oh and, go blues! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

.ak wrote: »
    IIRC last year the semi had a poor attendance. Mostly because the time of the year and everyone was buying tickets for the european cup knock out stages.

Not covered by season ticket either and short(ish) notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

GrumPy wrote: »

Hard to know where is open on Good Friday. Sure there's always Eddies on the ground itself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

GrumPy wrote: »

Depends on what you want to pay, there's a good few restaurants in Ballsbridge. The food in the ground is muck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement