Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

ssaye2 wrote: »
    ? Steenson

I was also thinking Madigan seems to work better with Kiwis ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I was also thinking Madigan seems to work better with Kiwis ;)

No bother. As we're getting Sexton back ye can take him. No point having two similar players as him and Gopperth on the roster together.....;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

In all seriousness if Sexton was to return home next season we would have a situation where Ireland would have 5 top 10s across three teams. Not to mention the other up-and-comers Carty, Marsh etc. I wonder if there's any possibility of Keatley returning to Connacht.

Sexton
    Madigan

Jackson

Hanrahan
    Keatley

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In all seriousness if Sexton was to return home next season we would have a situation where Ireland would have 5 top 10s across three teams. Not to mention the other up-and-comers Carty, Marsh etc. I wonder if there's any possibility of Keatley returning to Connacht.

Sexton
    Madigan

Jackson

Hanrahan
    Keatley

Top 10s? By world standards, only Sexton is outstanding. Jackson is coming along, Madigan has dropped off the curve for various reasons, Hanrahan is full of potential but Keatley has peaked and he is very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Top 10s? By world standards, only Sexton is outstanding. Jackson is coming along, Madigan has dropped off the curve for various reasons, Hanrahan is full of potential but Keatley has peaked and he is very average.

OK out-halves who are good enough to be exposed at Pro12/Heineken Cup level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Only one sub in the match, on the Milan side :eek:

Did all players usually play the full 80?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Synode wrote: »
    Only one sub in the match, on the Milan side :eek:

Did all players usually play the full 80?

Tactical substitutions were not really used then no, injury or fatigue were the only real reasons for players coming off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

unless you there was an injury yeah

even then i'm not fully sure subs were allowed for injuries at some levels, you might have had to ask the opposition captain was he ok with the sub first

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

stephen_n wrote: »
    Tactical substitutions were not really used then no, injury or fatigue were the only real reasons for players coming off.

only introduced in late 96

injuries were only reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Riskymove wrote: »

Memories dodgy thought they came in with the AIL but were still rarely used, forgot it was that late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Riskymove wrote: »

You had to be half dead before you'd come off too.

durkadurka wrote: »
    You had to be half dead before you'd come off too.

indeed...no blood substitutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

ssaye2 wrote: »

Hmmm why did they bold it that a full range of food and beverage facilities will be available from 3.30 - 6.30.......:pac:

The Luke Fitz situation really needs to be sorted. I'd actually be against him going on tour this Summer if fit as some sort of work has to be carried out to stop this injury from re-occuring.

It's not good for anyone to be monitored on a day to day basis for such a long time like this.

• Administrators Posts: 53,649 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He really is your Ferris - I imagine having him available will become a luxury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

tbh if Fitz isn't playing more or less consistently he won't be picked given our options. He should be concentrating on playing for Leinster injury free first and foremost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Keatley isn't very average. He's no world beater but he's a good outhalf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Keatley isn't very average. He's no world beater but he's a good outhalf

Agreed, the way I see it any of Madigan, Keatly or Jackson would be playing for Wales, Italy or Scotland without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

.ak wrote: »
    Well my argument would be the league isn't as poor as people make it out to be. We still have to compete with some top teams like Munster, Ulster, Ospreys and Glasgow and ofcourse teams like Scarlets, Connacht, Treviso are all capable of putting it up to us.

I like the league... but the fact is that isn't great. I mostly enjoy it from a development aspect, getting to see young players and seeing them flourish and improve. And that's good. But in terms of top quality matches- the play-offs are generally good and you get the odd big fixture where two full-strength teams play against each other. But there are still numerous problems, and if the Welsh exodus continues, it could be a disaster.

I would take Irish teams falling out of the play-offs if it meant a more competitive league all-round.

He's average if you compare him to Sexton, but he is a good HC-level out-half now, was excellent against Toulouse for example.

And we don't know for sure he's peaked, this is his 1st season as a starter in the HC, he could improve. I don't think he has as high a potential ceiling as Madigan/Jackson/Hanrahan but he's a good, creative player.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hahah, wut?

Hahah, wut?

Leinster supplement in Leinster
    Munster supplment in Munster

official media partner to both!!

I look forward to differing coverage ahead of derbys

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

So is the full title of musgrave park going to be "The Irish Independent Official Newspaper of Leinster Rugby Park"? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

So is the full title of musgrave park going to be "The Irish Independent Official Newspaper of Leinster Rugby Park"? :D

Oh how I'd love that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

If Leinster want to donate something towards the sponsorship of the ground, we'd happily go along with that :)

SOB would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Fireball07 wrote: »
    If Leinster want to donate something towards the sponsorship of the ground, we'd happily go along with that :)

SOB would do.

Platter of prawn sandwiches/antipasti and a case of prosecco?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

LEINSTER:
    15: Rob Kearney
    14: Zane Kirchner
    13: Brian O'Driscoll
    12: Noel Reid
    11: Darragh Fanning
    10: Jimmy Gopperth
    9: Isaac Boss
    1: Cian Healy
    2: Sean Cronin
    3: Martin Moore