Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

danthefan wrote: »
    Depends on what you want to pay, there's a good few restaurants in Ballsbridge. The food in the ground is muck.

Is Rolys not BYOB today..?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Didn't think BYOB was even allowed today?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Most restaurants won't be open today either; I'd assume that will go for those in Ballsbridge too.

Buer wrote: »
    Most restaurants won't be open today either; I'd assume that will go for those in Ballsbridge too.

Restaurants.

Real 1st world problems here:D

Some good analysis of how Leinster set up their maul attack there against the Ospreys. Predicated on having two jumping pods to split the opposition defence and, when the defence moves to the catcher, he pops to the dummy jumper of the other pod who sets up the maul as if he took the line out. Done effectively, that must be nearly impossible to stop from 5m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any radio station to listen to the game in English? Cannot listen on tg4 as gaelige. very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cian.fb.

What channel is showing it

TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

I see/hear Leinster are now using Sirius by The Alan Parsons Project as their intro song. Great number. The Chicago Bulls have used it for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

No match thread?

I'm surprised to see the RDS so empty. The time and opposition aren't conducive to a large turn-out, but I though you would still find a large crowd looking for a place to buy drink. Not a bad crowd by any means though.

• Advertisement

Leinster have used it for years! At least 5 or 6 years at this stage, to be honest.

If Boss is playing for a contract, he's not going to get one.

Great offload by McCarthy there and try.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cian.fb. wrote: »
    What channel is showing it

tgminority ! anywhere i can listen on radio in English?

Lovely try. Some nice inside passing and lines. Got over the gain line with every collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Leinster have used it for years! At least 5 or 6 years at this stage, to be honest.

5 or 6? Try the last 12 years!

Heroditas wrote: »
    5 or 6? Try the last 12 years!

Yeah, I thought it was longer but then I started wondering if I was just emphasising it in my own head. I was almost certain I heard it in Donnybrook anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Have they? Could have sworn I heard Welcome to the Jungle only a couple of weeks ago!

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Have they? Could have sworn I heard Welcome to the Jungle only a couple of weeks ago!

WTTJ when they run out, Sirius when they announce the team.

Quint2010 wrote: »

They use Sirius while announcing the team and Welcome to the Jungle while they run out.

Or at least that's my memory of it.

I'm surprised to see the RDS so empty. The time and opposition aren't conducive to a large turn-out, but I though you would still find a large crowd looking for a place to buy drink. Not a bad crowd by any means though.

Looks packed now actually. :o

• Advertisement

Damn you Buer...I feel I would have made it first if I hadn't caved and already moved on to my second beer.

Looks packed now actually. :o

Never underestimate the lure of beer!

Awesome hands by the ginger winger:P

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Never underestimate the lure of beer!

Definitely what it was.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Damn you Buer...I feel I would have made it first if I hadn't caved and already moved on to my second beer.

Steady on there. Only two left.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Definitely what it was.

The great weather probably convinced a lot of walk-ins too I'd say.

Barely anyone drinking in my section of the Grandstand.
    The bars were fairly quiet earlier too.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Barely anyone drinking in my section of the Grandstand.
    The bars were fairly quiet earlier too.

I would have thought there'd be a large amount of children at the game. Too early for people to be on the beer in large numbers.

I would have thought there'd be a large amount of children at the game. Too early for people to be on the beer in large numbers.

Yeah it's very much a family atmosphere today.
    Also, with the pubs closed, many people will just go home afterwards so if they're driving, there's not much point in boozing.
    I'd say the glorious weather has had a far greater effect on the attendance. Fairly nippy in the grandstand though.

• Advertisement

So, after this evening, does anyone start to feel that the 34 year old Boss might be shown the door? Not purely because of McGrath but because of his own showing.

In Reid, I'd like to think we're looking at a guy who, with another year, could be an option at European level. He has developed hugely. Threw one really poor pass and fumbled once or twice but that was far outweighed by his support, running and one great turnover on the deck. He punches way above his 90kg also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement