Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Superthread] Mayweather vs Pacman **NO STREAMING REQUESTS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,990 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Henno30 wrote: »
    Don't think it is. Pac's side agreed to a deal that that was offered by the Mayweather team last month. When Arum and Koncz started publicly stating that a deal was close, Floyd perked up and started demanding changes to the deal that had been agreed. If Dan Rafael is to be believed, the biggest obstacle at this point is Floyd's narcissism, not any major financial issue.

Normally all this stuff serves as great promotion for the fights they actually do make, that's almost the entire point. But it'll be interesting to see if there's a backlash against Floyd if it doesn't happen this time.

Was sorta' thinking that. I mean, after tax I'd say Floyd will make close on 50 million if this fight sells, maybe more. Manny will make 35 plus I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Still think Mayweather faces Cotto -
    in fact I was sure of it when I heard that the Canelo - Cotto fight had collapsed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Still think Mayweather faces Cotto -
    in fact I was sure of it when I heard that the Canelo - Cotto fight had collapsed

Have to agree. Could be wrong but it looks like that's where it's headed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

But is Cotto not managed by Bob Arum, the very one who Mayweather says he won't deal with in the Pacquiao fight negotiations?

Just looked it up, Arum is his promoter. Mayweather is nothing but a hypocrite if he signs to fight Cotto.

• Advertisement

Just looked it up, Arum is his promoter. Mayweather is nothing but a hypocrite if he signs to fight Cotto.

Mayweather exposed himself as a hypocrite a long time ago. Remember when catchweights were cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Arum co promotes Cotto's fights as far as I know, he has his own promotional company Miguel Cotto Promotions...

Latest i heard is from Pacquiao saying he expects the fight to be formally announced within the week.

Some talk that Bradley could face Cotto at 155.

Cotto is really going to drag that middleweight lineage through the shit.

^^^ Jaysus! Bradley isn't even a big welterweight! He's not even a top 5 welter at this stage either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Henno30 wrote: »
    Mayweather exposed himself as a hypocrite a long time ago. Remember when catchweights were cheating.

"What? Y'all don't know sh*t about boxin' "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Greetings Joseph.... Excuse me whilst I have a look around the forum...

With the exception of one or two.... This forum needs some action, some proper debate, no more of this tippy toeing around..

Half the contributors on this forum think they're butlers or something (Yes sir, No sir, Three bags full sir... Pleeease!).. Its time to grow a pair, its time to crack the whip, the boxing Guru is returning shortly....

Now Joey me ould mucker, go forth and spread the word.

I would say it is a done deal despite Floyd being interviewed the other day at a basketball game, I think it was, saying nothing is for definite. He wouldn't be confirming a done deal. That's for his business management.

72 days till May 2nd. This has to be the shortest time that PBF (since he became global, and since his showtime deal) has left his fans waiting to find out who he is fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

It's coming........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Eddie Hearn hinting it will be announced tonight

I'd say later today or tomorrow. I have an uneasy feeling with this fight. Something overly staged about the whole thing. Will Money and Manny fight or spar?

walshb wrote: »
    I'd say later today or tomorrow. I have an uneasy feeling with this fight.

fanboys_zps3c9fa9fa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭ebbsy

2 questions.

1) What channel do ye think this fight will be on.
    2) Is Boxnation worth getting anyway.

ebbsy wrote: »
    2 questions.

1) What channel do ye think this fight will be on.
    2) Is Boxnation worth getting anyway.

I think Sky may push the boat out for this one and take it.

BoxNation is worth getting. Great channel. A lot of fight cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Boxnation is a must for fight fans good fights all year round.

Where's Jackie in all of this. She's usually good for letting slip a spoiler or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

walshb wrote: »
    I think Sky may push the boat out for this one and take it.

BoxNation is worth getting. Great channel. A lot of fight cards.

BT Sport are players & could make a massive bid for this fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Its on! Only about 5 years late!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Really looking forward to this now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

About bloody time. Few years too late but can't wait for it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Meh.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Pity it's not 2009/2010

Advertisement