Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Superthread] Mayweather vs Pacman **NO STREAMING REQUESTS**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

pac_man wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think the fight sells itself that they wont bother spending an extra few million on a decent undercard.I remember may v de la hoya having a brutal undercard.

Agreed The undercard will be shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

MGMMay2nd wrote: »
    I expect people not to state speculation and opinion as fact.

It's a discussion forum. But I understand Floyd's fans are a little more sensitive than most.

I don't even like this video, but since you're so insistent on "fact", here's Floyd talking about why he wasn't keen on the Manny fight a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Watching RTE News and not one mention of the fight! They really do care less about boxing don't they, the biggest fight in decades announced and they talk about feckin track cycling or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

walshb wrote: »
    This is gonna' be one horrible fight. There, you heard it here first!:)

Yep. Floyd will spoil and throw single shots and then tie up and he'll get an ugly points decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FTA69 wrote: »
    Yep. Floyd will spoil and throw single shots and then tie up and he'll get an ugly points decision.

Absolutely. I will probably record it and watch it the next day. The best pasrt of the event will be the OTT hype and build up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Watching RTE News and not one mention of the fight! They really do care less about boxing don't they, the biggest fight in decades announced and they talk about feckin track cycling or something.
    when there was no mention of Andy Lee when he was fighting for a world title what do you expect.

It's a discussion forum. But I understand Floyd's fans are a little more sensitive than most.

I don't even like this video, but since you're so insistent on "fact", here's Floyd talking about why he wasn't keen on the Manny fight a few years ago.

I hadn't seen that, and after about 5 views (for deciphering purposes) it's absolute nonsense. All he had to do was watch JMM vs. Manny and he would have seen that Manny was human. When was the video shot? I am not sure why Floyd didn't want the Manny fight, but the whole I value my health, and I think Pacman poses a serious risk to it is crap. Floyd surely knows that his spoiling and ducking and holding and all around defense would allow him to protect himself sufficiently enough IF Manny really was this monster fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mayweather to win by decision is 1/2 which says it all. Difficult to see any other outcome IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Wouldn't read to much into that video like the rest of his out if the ring stuff. Il Judge him in the ring and after the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

I hadn't seen that, and after about 5 views (for deciphering purposes) it's absolute nonsense. All he had to do was watch JMM vs. Manny and he would have seen that Manny was human. When was the video shot? I am not sure why Floyd didn't want the Manny fight, but the whole I value my health, and I think Pacman poses a serious risk to it is crap. Floyd surely knows that his spoiling and ducking and holding and all around defense would allow him to protect himself sufficiently enough IF Manny really was this monster fighter.

Haven't a clue when it was shot tbh, I would imagine anytime between 2008-11 but yeah, he's talking total brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Absolutely. I will probably record it and watch it the next day. The best pasrt of the event will be the OTT hype and build up.

Hahahahah you will watch it, stop trying to be different,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mayweather by R10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Haha, reminds me of the lad on here though a few months back, that couldn't wait to see Mayweather school Fury.

Hahahahah you will watch it, stop trying to be different,

Yeh, I will watch it. That is what my post said....

Yeh, I will watch it. That is what my post said....

Live, you will be as glued to it as the rest of us, :D

Live, you will be as glued to it as the rest of us, :D

Maybe. Not a guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Won't get to watch this, on a stag that weekend, unfortunately it's not a conventional one either, so absolutely no chance....

You wait forever and then when it finally happens, events conspir against you... Typical;)

Won't get to watch this, on a stag that weekend, unfortunately it's not a conventional one either, so absolutely no chance....

You wait forever and then when it finally happens, events conspir against you... Typical;)

Residents bar? Ring in advance when tv schedule is announced and enquire.

Its the night of my fathers 70th birthday bash. I cant drink for **** anymore so ill have to pace myself or ill sleep through it.

• Advertisement

Id say by the sounds of it he wont be near a tv at all.

I don't think a hotel will pay the PPV for one guest.....:)

Unfortunately we're heading to a festival, in the middle of nowhere.....

Just my luck;)

Unfortunately we're heading to a festival, in the middle of nowhere.....

Just my luck;)

Borrow a mobile broadband dongle. And some sort i pad or cheap tablet. And you might be able to watch it In your tent shivering under your sleeping bag.

Borrow a mobile broadband dongle. And some sort i pad or cheap tablet. And you might be able to watch it In your tent shivering under your sleeping bag.

Was thinking about trying to stream it, but you're in the lap of the 3G signal gods;)

I don't think a hotel will pay the PPV for one guest.....:)

Boring stag with just one person walsh.
    'Party of 20, thinking of staying in your fine establishment may 2nd, however we were wondering would ye be showing the biggest fight of the twentyfirst century in your bar'. would hurt to ask and iv done it before with success albeit not a 4am fight. Got a local pub to subscribe to boxnation for the month.
    How ever we know he's camping now, so never mind I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Anyone else think that Pacman's high work rate might have him pinching rounds from Floyd and possibly nick a point decision?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anyone else think that Pacman's high work rate might have him pinching rounds from Floyd and possibly nick a point decision?

Pacman isn't near as active as he used to be. Back in his prime, he could box for 12 rounds at a fierce pace. Not anymore. He takes breaks that last entire rounds.

The bottom line is that this fight will be terrible to watch. Despite Pacmans decline, Mayweather will still be scared sh*tless of being hit so he'll put on a masterclass of cheating and win ugly. I just cant see any other outcome here.

Everybody will pay for it, and then come away severely underwhelmed. The crowd will boo as Mayweather spends 12 rounds showing his back and ducking so low he can kiss the canvas and the people who paid for the PPV will feel hard done by. Everybody wants it, and yet everyone will end up hating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

There was 2 of them in it avoiding the fight as they were getting guaranteed big pay days that could have been hindered by a loss, while both could stake a claim as been the best both would sell big, Floyd will destroy Manny now just like he would have back then, Manny doesn't deal with counter punchers and Floyd is the best, He made Marquez look like a novice and Marquez always troubled Manny

This will be a mid round KO for Floyd, mark my words.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    There was 2 of them in it avoiding the fight as they were getting guaranteed big pay days that could have been hindered by a loss, while both could stake a claim as been the best both would sell big, Floyd will destroy Manny now just like he would have back then, Manny doesn't deal with counter punchers and Floyd is the best, He made Marquez look like a novice and Marquez always troubled Manny

This will be a mid round KO for Floyd, mark my words.

Yes, but Marquez is an offensive fighting counter puncher. Floyd is not. I think Floyd will win, and a KO would not surprise me, but I reckon it's stinker of a fight, and probably close because of the fact that not much scoring will happen.

Edit: I would be a little surprised with KO win.

Advertisement