Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Superthread] Mayweather vs Pacman **NO STREAMING REQUESTS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Another website claiming that Mayweather put up on twitter that Ariza is speaking the truth, so in another words this fight is still miles from happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Dont care at this point . Sick of Mayweather and im sick of Pacman . There is loads of rights that can be made this year that will do me . Wilder v Fury . DeGale v Groves . Frampton v Quigg . GGG v Ward

The sooner they retire the better

• Registered Users Posts: 54,641 ✭✭✭✭walshb

TheNap wrote: »
    Dont care at this point . Sick of Mayweather and im sick of Pacman . There is loads of rights that can be made this year that will do me . Wilder v Fury . DeGale v Groves . Frampton v Quigg . GGG v Ward

The sooner they retire the better

I agree. There are quite a few fights I would pay to see over Mayweather-Manny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I'd love to see the likes of Khan-Manny, Froch-Chavez so I'm not all that bothered, but this if it doesn't happen, it's because Floyd pu$$ied out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Spazdarn wrote: »
    I'd love to see the likes of Khan-Manny, Froch-Chavez so I'm not all that bothered, but this if it doesn't happen, it's because Floyd pu$$ied out

I'd love Manny to fight Khan in may seeing as Mayweather didn't fight him irregardless of his fan poll. It would be a good fight I reckon. No way Manny will outbox him. And I can't see Khan hurting Manny.

• Advertisement

I'd love Manny to fight Khan in may seeing as Mayweather didn't fight him irregardless of his fan poll. It would be a good fight I reckon. No way Manny will outbox him. And I can't see Khan hurting Manny.

Intriguing fight. Manny IMO is too short to win on points, and Khan doesn't hit hard enough to KO Manny. Manny would likely need to KO Khan, or stop him with accumulation power. I would go with Manny by KO, but no way surprised to see Khan win a decision. Khan's height and range and speed would be very problematic for the smaller Manny.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

walshb wrote: »
    Intriguing fight. Manny IMO is too short to win on points, and Khan doesn't hit hard enough to KO Manny. Manny would likely need to KO Khan, or stop him with accumulation power. I would go with Manny by KO, but no way surprised to see Khan win a decision. Khan's height and range and speed would be very problematic for the smaller Manny.

Aaaah, them small gloves. . . . . & Amir's chin. . . . .

IMO Pac would destroy Khan .

Even looking at Khans recent win v Alexander , he is wide open in the exchanges . Still fighting like an amateur with his chin there ready to be plastered.

PAC by KO inside 4 rounds.

Khan should take a big pay day against Brook this year ( he wins that imo )

IMO Pac would destroy Khan .

Even looking at Khans recent win v Alexander , he is wide open in the exchanges . Still fighting like an amateur with his chin there ready to be plastered.

PAC by KO inside 4 rounds.

Khan should take a big pay day against Brook this year ( he wins that imo )

Why would it take 4 rds if you are so confident that he'd destroy him? 4 rds to get the feel/timing etc?

It's Manny's only option I feel. He won't win on points.

Why would it take 4 rds if you are so confident that he'd destroy him? 4 rds to get the feel/timing etc?

It's Manny's only option I feel. He won't win on points.

I think Manny wins by KO, but like you said i wouldnt be surprized by Khan points.
    I dont think Manny KOs inside 4. Hhan will box smart for the first few rounds. Picking Manny off but thats when Khan gets stupid. Gets too comfortable or something, starts to get brave and exchange. Manny will KO him then. After the 5th i reckon, but by no means does Manny 'destroy' him.

• Advertisement

Inside 4 rounds .

It also depends on how much Manny has left . His last few fights have been mediocre against mediocre opposition.

Khan fights like an amateur , still throws in flurrys and leaves himself open , against Manny that is is going to end bad for him.

No disrespect to Khan . I like him as a fighter . He just isnt suited to certain types of fighters . Manny being one

I think Manny wins by KO, but like you said i wouldnt be surprized by Khan points.
    I dont think Manny KOs inside 4. Hhan will box smart for the first few rounds. Picking Manny off but thats when Khan gets stupid. Gets too comfortable or something, starts to get brave and exchange. Manny will KO him then. After the 5th i reckon, but by no means does Manny 'destroy' him.

If someone has a game plan to wait and bide there time in order to tag Khan and then KO him , i'd class that as destroy . Danny Garcia allowed Khan box clever without hurting him . Then as soon as the chance arised to knock him out he did . I'd class that as destroying Khan even though he was losing up to that point.

If someone has a game plan to wait and bide there time in order to tag Khan and then KO him , i'd class that as destroy . Danny Garcia allowed Khan box clever without hurting him . Then as soon as the chance arised to knock him out he did . I'd class that as destroying Khan even though he was losing up to that point.

Our understanding of destroying someone are different so.

So Garcia didnt destroy Khan ?

The fight only went to the 4th round . He was knocked down 3 times .

Inside 4 rounds .

No disrespect to Khan . I like him as a fighter . He just isnt suited to certain types of fighters . Manny being one

Sorry, missed that.

I disagree as regards the style issue problem for Khan here. I think Khan matches up well here. He is taller, as fast if not faster, broader, bigger, rangier. Manny has no inside game, isn't particularly strong, and doesn't fight in a style that oozes strength. Manny is a mid to long range fighter. Beats you with volume and speed, and angled attacks. Khan will relish a fighter who won't bully him, rough him up and unload only power shots. Manny likes to counter. That is fine against smaller and slower foes. With Khan he is facing a bigger and much faster kind of opponent who throws from long range, and who has an excellent output and engine.

Sorry, missed that.

I disagree as regards the style issue problem for Khan here. I think Khan matches up well here. He is taller, as fast if not faster, broader, bigger, rangier. Manny has no inside game, isn't particularly strong, and doesn't fight in a style that oozes strength. Manny is a mid to long range fighter. Beats you with volume and speed, and angled attacks. Khan will relish a fighter who won't bully him, rough him up and unload only power shots. Manny likes to counter. That is fine against smaller and slower foes. With Khan he is facing a bigger and much faster kind of opponent who throws from long range, and who has an excellent output and engine.

I agree on all of Khans attributes . I jsut dont think he will get through 12 rounds without being caught flush on the chin.

Once is is caught with a proper straight left i dont see him recovering, and it could happen anytime during the fight.

In order for Khan to win i think he'd have to make the fight as tactical as possible for the full 12 rounds . I dont think he has that in him ( hope im proved wrong )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

I think Khan gets knocked out. I think Mannys workrate and aggression is far too much for Khan to withstand for 12 rounds without taking flush shot after flush shot and his punch resistance isn't great as we all know. Khan has a far better chance against Mayweather if it ever were to happen due to the fact Mayweather will stand off him and won't press him.

To keep on track with the thread, I'm sick and tired of Floyd avoiding this fight with Manny. The only joy I'll get out of them never facing is the fact Floyd will forever be accused of ducking the best fighter out there and will be dismissed when people talk about the greatest fighters off all time. He will always have that astrix beside his name when compared to the two Sugar Rays and Ali to name but a few.

So Garcia didnt destroy Khan ?

The fight only went to the 4th round . He was knocked down 3 times .

I'll have to watch it again. I would used destroy for Someone being boxed from one round to the next tbf.

Garcia was doing better than what most people thought at the time. Khan looked to be dominating, but Garcia was holding his own and setting traps. Garcia was never going to win via points. Just not busy or fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Pacquaio hasn't won inside the distance since his tko of cotto in 2009. His power has definitely diminished. I think Khan would beat him on points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

qwabercd wrote: »
    Pacquaio hasn't won inside the distance since his tko of cotto in 2009. His power has definitely diminished. I think Khan would beat him on points.

His power hasn't diminished that much. After the Hatton and Cotto fights opponents stopped trying to bully him.

Ever since, most of the guys he's faced have spent the fight in reverse. Harder to knock people out when that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Henno30 wrote: »
    His power hasn't diminished that much. After the Hatton and Cotto fights opponents stopped trying to bully him.

Ever since, most of the guys he's faced have spent the fight in reverse. Harder to knock people out when that's the case.

I still don't think he throws his punches with the same devestating speed/pop as before.

qwabercd wrote: »
    I still don't think he throws his punches with the same devestating speed/pop as before.

I tend to agree. He still has enough clout to hurt Khan, but enough to KO him with one shot? Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Canelo Alvarez and James Kirkland have signed up to fight in May. De La Hoya said that if Pacquiao and Mayweather agree to fight on May 2nd then Alvarez Kirkland will move a week or two later. Wonder what will the Cotto camp do now?

have to say im surprised to hear that. Good scrap though, ill be looking forward to it.

Would indicate Mayweather v Cotto in May is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    have to say im surprised to hear that. Good scrap though, ill be looking forward to it.

Would indicate Mayweather v Cotto in May is on.
    Pac was in London yesterday with Khan and said we'll know one way or another next week if fight is on or not. When asked if he thought Floyd would agree he said 'I think so'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

Canelo Alvarez and James Kirkland have signed up to fight in May. De La Hoya said that if Pacquiao and Mayweather agree to fight on May 2nd then Alvarez Kirkland will move a week or two later. Wonder what will the Cotto camp do now?

Hey 'Wild Dogger' it's happening!!

Bring on the terms dude.

Pighead wrote: »
    Pac was in London yesterday with Khan and said we'll know one way or another next week if fight is on or not. When asked if he thought Floyd would agree he said 'I think so'.

Sorry Pighead, agree on what? Pac v FMW or Cotto V FMW?

Sorry Pighead, agree on what? Pac v FMW or Cotto V FMW?
    Pac V Floyd. 80% chance of happening now according to Pac. Looks like this one is finally happening.

I'll believe it, as the lads say, when the two of them are in the ring.

Does anyone else feel a bit 'meh' about it? A fight i always wanted but now I'm a bit meh. Maybe il come round if its signed

• Advertisement

I'll believe it, as the lads say, when the two of them are in the ring.

Does anyone else feel a bit 'meh' about it? A fight i always wanted but now I'm a bit meh. Maybe il come round if its signed
    Ha ha. I'm hearing loads of people saying this and you can understand it to a degree but I guarantee that every boxing fan in here will get caught up in the excitement as fight night approaches.

Advertisement