Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

First day back at work for 3 weeks. Had the crap kicked out of me all night by a 3 year old girl so barely got a wink of sleep, missed my train by 30 secs and the office is f f f freezing.

Other than that everything is peachy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    First day back at work for 3 weeks. Had the crap kicked out of me all night by a 3 year old girl so barely got a wink of sleep, missed my train by 30 secs and the office is f f f freezing.

Recently missed a train myself afyer running for it PR so feel your pain

Dose in the lack of sleep but hope the 3 weeks off were good

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

All good so far. Not back in the office until Monday and the work mobile has been turned off since the 24th, kinda dreading to turn it back on tbh.

But had a decent relaxing Xmas with no major drama so it shouldn't be too much of a shock to the system to get back to a normal routine and a dry January. Even though I took it handy, a fair few drinks were consumed so my liver and wallet will be thankful.

Any resolutions broken yet guys?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Have a solution for you PR!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was back in today. Working from home tomorrow. Then it's weekend again huzzah!

Then next week will be a full week. Eek!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Trying to kick this depression that's come into the picture (not seasonal related). Not back until Monday, but I had a look at work's Twitter anyway.

The photos from the fires in Australia are staggering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Have a solution for you PR!! :D

Stupid Tulsa and their stupid child welfare laws ;)

Think I will 'work from home' tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Not back to work until Wednesday and not looking forward to it.

But I'm looking forward to sleep in my own bed again

Barna77 wrote: »
    Not back to work until Wednesday and not looking forward to it.

But I'm looking forward to sleep in my own bed again

Because you've been.... Sleeping in someone else's?!
    Ya saucey pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Must say I always find Christmas unbelievably hectic - zero chance to relax at all between kids, relations etc. Am usually glad to go back to work as it's a bloody break! Was due to go back yesterday but didn't bother in the end - stepping in Monday instead. Was due to start off easy with a short week to go to a gig in London next Friday but it's been cancelled - probably a good thing after all the drink over Christmas......

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Because you've been.... Sleeping in someone else's?!
    Ya saucey pup.
    Yes, a sofa bed at the parents

(I could have slept in someone else's bed today though :D )

Barna77 wrote: »
    Yes, a sofa bed at the parents

(I could have slept in someone else's bed today though :D )
    You hopped in with the parents for some Sunday morning snuggles Barna is it? :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    You hopped in with the parents for some Sunday morning snuggles Barna is it? :pac:

I'm still home on holidays :D

Anyone in here off to see slipknot on 14th?
    Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Can't wait!

I wish I was, procrastinated on buying a ticket.

My first ever seated gig.
    Because aul ****ers can't do moshing anymore!

I haven't been to a concert in years and I know there is not much cool factor involved but I have tickets for Duran Duran in the summer :)

I haven't been to a concert in years and I know there is not much cool factor involved but I have tickets for Duran Duran in the summer :)

Bahahaha!
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Can't wait!

Yep, never seen em before so looking forward to it. Behemoth are savage live so cant wait to see a full stage show from them. Slayer last year were awesome with all the pyro. Bringing my nephew and we are standing.

Yep, never seen em before so looking forward to it. Behemoth are savage live so cant wait to see a full stage show from them. Slayer last year were awesome with all the pyro. Bringing my nephew and we are standing.

You're automatically in the running for uncle of the year so!
    First seen slipknot in Cardiff a good 15yrs ago. On me tobler in the mosh pit. Absolutely mayhem. Slayer hatebreed and mastodon all on the lineup. What a night.
    Also seen em support Metallica a few years back. Sound was rubbish though.
    And again with korn 5yrs ago. But I was very, very drunk!
    Ao now it's time to hang up the oul boots and go to see em sitting down. Thst said I'll hear People =Shyt and probably fall straight off the balcony!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I remember the gig in 2015, being stuck in the seats, it was the weirdest experience I'd had at a gig.

Coincidentally, Slipknot are coming back to Dublin 5 years to the day since they were last here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

You're automatically in the running for uncle of the year so!
    First seen slipknot in Cardiff a good 15yrs ago. On me tobler in the mosh pit. Absolutely mayhem. Slayer hatebreed and mastodon all on the lineup. What a night.
    Also seen em support Metallica a few years back. Sound was rubbish though.
    And again with korn 5yrs ago. But I was very, very drunk!
    Ao now it's time to hang up the oul boots and go to see em sitting down. Thst said I'll hear People =Shyt and probably fall straight off the balcony!

I brought him to Metallica in Twickenham last year which was his first ever concert and we are going to Ozzy in London in October too (assuming the gig finally goes ahead).

May BH weekend I'm heading to Lane 8 on the Saturday then Bon Iver on the Sunday, can't wait!

D'Agger wrote: »
    May BH weekend I'm heading to Lane 8 on the Saturday then Bon Iver on the Sunday, can't wait!
    Alright lads don't get too excited for me it's only two gigs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

In Soviet Kerry, football trains you. :pac:

In Soviet Kerry, football trains you. :pac:
    Cahersiveen in Kerry is sometimes referred to as Cahersiberia so this is somewhat accurate

Didn't have a beverage this weekend. It's a strange new world! Annual attempt to understand rugby is also back underway!

Heard England lost but actually never heard about Ireland!!! Did we win?

Just checked. Yay go us

How do you get a bonus point? England and Scotland both got one but Ireland or France didn't. Or did they get 1 and Wales got 2??

Annual attempt to understand rugby is also back underway!
    Same. I just look at them players and do the ooohhhsss and aaahhhsss and then at work say the likes of did you see that ludicrous display last weekend? :pac:

• Advertisement

I've to be careful in work as 1 of the lads represented England in the ruggers. He'll see through my BS!
    I think you'd need a degree in maths to figure out the bonus points system.
    But woo we won!

Advertisement