Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

D'Agger wrote: »
    I've assignments due the next two weeks so naturally I've started watching a new TV show - Succession - good cast & quite funny at times

Very good show and cast, as you point out. Some nice additions in its second season too.

Recent adventures in TBO country.

Someone damaged my car. I wasn't there at the time, and he tried to feck off, but he's coughed up the money now alright. :mad: He was just a bit careless.
    PFO email after a job interview. :P Ah well.
    Trying to work up the courage to ask a woman out. :o Have been talking to her for ages, including at running this morning.

Christmas shopping, anyone? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Trying to work up the courage to ask a woman out.

Don't know what's that about ha ha
    Edit: see, I have a date today aaahhh

And hell no to Christmas shopping ...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Just about to start. Sussing out what to get a few family members and Amazon will be getting a hammering come next Friday (Payday).

Not going overboard on the Xmas shopping this year as its been an expensive year with the new gaff. I've even forgone even buying myself anything in the black Friday sales this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

This little reunion died as quickly as it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd like to say I've been busy organising for Christmas but there's no tree up and I've no presents bought

I have sorted trips out though, Limerick for new years & Dublin for the May BH weekend to see two of my favourite acts - Lane 8 on Saturday & Bon Iver on Sunday. Carrying 5 days holidays forward to next year so hoping to organise a nice trip, thinking Italy or Bali. Bali would be the preference to just do nothing but chill out for 10 days or so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Xmas tree up, decorations up, Xmas dinner organised and trip see Santa is on Sunday :)

Presents bought, NYE sorted, gin being bought tomorrow for Xmas. Just need tree and decorations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hmmm Gin. Now there is a good idea. Any recommendations bearing in mind I will be in a duty free over the next 2 weeks?

Dingle Gin (*promotes Kerry economy)

TBF it's really nice and floral, best I've had anyway

Any recommendations for Whiskey, will probably go for a bottle of Green Spot for the house / myself this Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Dingle Gin (*promotes Kerry economy)

TBF it's really nice and floral, best I've had anyway

Any recommendations for Whiskey, will probably go for a bottle of Green Spot for the house / myself this Christmas

Red Breast 12 year old, nicest one I've ever drank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

whats the nicest affordable brandy on the market these days gents . im told anything spanish is usually a good bet?

Red Breast 12 year old, nicest one I've ever drank.
    €93 is a bit much for me, I'd draw the line at 70...unless there's places with discounts, I'm only looking on Celtic Whiskey

€93 is a bit much for me, I'd draw the line at 70...unless there's places with discounts, I'm only looking on Celtic Whiskey

RB 12 is about 60/65 in the likes of dunnes or tesco.

RB 12 is about 60/65 in the likes of dunnes or tesco.
    Well that changes things! Nice one Jurgen!

Anybody at anything for the weekend?

Hijacks my gin question with a whiskey question. What a dick move

and whiskey is disgusting

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Gin is for old ladies and alcos.

:pac:

I like gin but a nice whiskey is hard bate, Jameson, ginger and lime in the summer, a little red breast neat in the winter. Magnificent.

Gin is for old ladies and alcos.

I am not a lady.

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

How dare you

akelly02 wrote: »
    whats the nicest affordable brandy on the market these days gents . im told anything spanish is usually a good bet?

My sister swears by Cardenal Mendoza brandy. Not easy to get in Ireland so I usually pick a bottle or two when over in Spain. But you can get it on Amazon.es delivered to Ireland.

[url] https://www.cardenalmendoza.com/en/sherry-brandy/cardenal-mendoza-solera-gran-reserva[/url]

As for Gin I always go for Hendricks, The Botanist and Whitley Neill.

Another option is Malfy Lemon Gin or Blood Orange gin, very nice and not sickly sweet like some flavoured gin.

I think you'll find I answered your question first PR and it received zero objections, just get the Dingle Gin it's the job

Whiskey can be disgusting but it can also be downright delicious - Green spot is lovely altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,691 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We're moving house next weekend so I see no reason to put up a tree until the 20tg December... But I don't rule the roost on that one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I assume BK drinks something called Double Homework, Liquid Blackboard or Teacher's Powder Keg. :pac:

Panthro, good luck with the move. Santa have your new address?

I think you'll find I answered your question first PR and it received zero objections, just get the Dingle Gin it's the job

There was a Dingle promo in our local recently and it did go down well. Hopefully it is in the duty free.

Putting up the tree tomorrow in a continuation of my weekend spent avoiding my last two assignments

Bought a new tree on Sunday, one of the very realistic looking but fake ones.

I think might have slightly underestimated how big it was as it didn't look that big in the shop

The feckin thing is nearly 140cm wide at the bottom and 230cm high, its taking over half the room. :eek:

I think we are going to need more decorations :D:D:D

Putting up the tree tomorrow in a continuation of my weekend spent avoiding my last two assignments

I feel your pain D'Ag, but believe me, but get them finished now and you can really let the hair down over Xmas and go buck mad :D

There was a Dingle promo in our local recently and it did go down well. Hopefully it is in the duty free.

Its in Duty free in Dublin airport but the Loop isnt a cheap as they make it out to be, I actually found some stuff there to be more expensive than in shops in Dublin city centre. So do youe homework before you go PR.

Glendalough Gin is lovely too as is the good aul Gunpowder Gin. Another one to consider is No.5 Gin from Blackwater, very nice.

Glendalough currently on special in O'Briens for €30

Gunpowder is approx €40 a bottle in both O'Briens and Tesco

Blackwater, a smaller bottle, 50cl but again on special in lots of places for €25 a bottle

If you can get any of those cheaper in the duty free, I'll send in my order :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I feel your pain D'Ag, but believe me, but get them finished now and you can really let the hair down over Xmas and go buck mad :D
    Technically speaking, I could go buck mad and not do the assignments until I'm at the pin of my collar

Nah I'll start Wednesday and try to nail into it for the next two weeks. There'll be a few nights out in between alright but it's always just a case of starting, once you get into a 'flow state' then headway will be made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

I assume BK drinks something called Double Homework, Liquid Blackboard or Teacher's Powder Keg. :pac:

Mate, this week and next I'll drink anything I can get my hands on!

Hope all's well with you guys. I got the classroom tree decorated on Monday and have struggled to look at my home tree at all after that experience..

• Advertisement

We had a parent teacher meeting the other day and I realised that my 5 year olds teacher is closer to his age than she is to mine.
    Feeling old

Advertisement