Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

12 hole singles s/ford.... 25 points with 1 scratch , off 17 ....

Great getting out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

scubapro wrote: »
    Fantastic day out with Parlance and CharlieIRL, second time playing the Montgomerie and definitely not as intimidating as the first time, short game was poor but not overly concerned, did chip in on 16 Though :) completely new swing so the objective was to concentrate on my ball striking, had a brain freeze on 10 and 11 but got it back going until scratching the 18th.
    Definitely tangible progress being made which is encouraging.
    Finished with 32 points off 17 with two scratches 18 front 14 back.
    Roll on Esker

Back 9 is class aint it, i was -2 for the 9 til i doubled 17 and 18 ha

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tones69 wrote: »
    Back 9 is class aint it, i was -2 for the 9 til i doubled 17 and 18 ha

Shocking Tones...level par for the last 6 ;):cool:

@Charlie, don't mind the lads giving you stick about getting UP on a horse at your age

It's the getting DOWN from one that you have the problem with :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

PARlance wrote: »
    It's the getting DOWN from one that you have the problem with :)

Ohh I've no problem getting down - they normally chuck me off!!!:D

Am leaving it to the kids anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

10 holes
    1 birdie
    5 pars
    4 bogies

dont believe in scratching holes no good for your card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

87strokes 37pts 36putts,
    1birdie
    5pars
    7bogeys
    5 dbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

95 Gross
    35 points (I think)
    2 Pars, the rest were un exciting lol

Irons working really well. Wedges and putting let me down today for the first time in a long while. Lipping out,missing by 1" etc with putting. Couldn't get the wedges to stop once on the green, pitched a lot of them a couple of feet or near on the flag only for them to roll 4-5ft on. Driving was mediocre apart from one. Drove 265 yards where it plugged then hit a really good 5w only to land 5 feet short of the green and roll back on a par 5,then 3 putted around the hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

118 today in Enniscorthy!

1 Par
    4 Bogies
    4 Dbl Bogey
    9 Scratches

1st card towards getting handicap. Had a few horrible holes(2 10s!!).
    Cant use a driver yet, thats next lesson, hoping that will help a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

clouter wrote: »
    118 today in Enniscorthy!

1 Par
    4 Bogies
    4 Dbl Bogey
    9 Scratches

1st card towards getting handicap. Had a few horrible holes(2 10s!!).
    Cant use a driver yet, thats next lesson, hoping that will help a bit.

Stick with it man ! That par you had is enough to show you that the potential is there. Best of luck & enjoy the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

5 over on back 9 on The Heritage .
    Was a gale at times. For example 6 iron went 240 yards on 11.

So very happy with that.
    Only 14 putts. Was looking to break the 15 per nine for a while.

Course unbelievably dry on fairways. Ball will plug off them.
    Bunkers are just Impossible to maintain there, talking to lads , I can see them filling a few.
    It is an amazing place.

very strange to see the big clubhouse locked up and closed in evening. It is winter, it makes economical sense.

But still mind blowing the scale of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Played the front 9 in Rathcore today, then went up the road to pick up a 3 wood and managed to make it back in time to finish.

Don't have the card on me at the minute but I did add up the front 9 earlier. 19 points somehow with bad driving.

Driving was far better after I came back to the back 9 and love the new 3 wood. Scores weren't as good as wind picked up a lot but happy overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Played front 9 in Grange Castle today . First time since iv changed my grip that it felt really natural .

17 points in a gale force wind at times , chip shots around greens today really let me down but was really happy how i played especially my Driving .

Out tomorrow for a full round and am confident of breaking 36 points for the first time , Lets hope the wind dies down a bit .

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

17pts for 9holes in tramore with a scratch. Alot of big tree's down think they lost 150+...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

37 points for 18 holes in Esker hills today, playing off 5

Very happy with it, despite having a blank on the 16th. The 3 birdies more than made up for it :)

38 points today . 23 front 15 back .

Dighthed to get over the 36 mark for the first time . Front nine was the best golf iv played since iv start playing (18 months) was 10 strokes over par .

Back 9 was a struggle in the wind with good shots been punished , Scrathed 10 and 13 . 13 was hard to take as i was 10 yards from the green in 2 , only to duff a chip into a bunker and take 2 to get out of it and miss 2 putts .

I really struggle with chips shots where they are that bit to far out to bump an run a 6 iron onto the green . Practice at these shots are top of myto do list .

Finished with 2 pars from putts 10 or so away , But was only 50 yards from green on 18th hitting my 3rd shot but yet again shot game let me down .

That was my 1st card out of 3 for my HC .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

38 points today . 23 front 15 back .

Dighthed to get over the 36 mark for the first time . Front nine was the best golf iv played since iv start playing (18 months) was 10 strokes over par .

Back 9 was a struggle in the wind with good shots been punished , Scrathed 10 and 13 . 13 was hard to take as i was 10 yards from the green in 2 , only to duff a chip into a bunker and take 2 to get out of it and miss 2 putts .

I really struggle with chips shots where they are that bit to far out to bump an run a 6 iron onto the green . Practice at these shots are top of myto do list .

Finished with 2 pars from putts 10 or so away , But was only 50 yards from green on 18th hitting my 3rd shot but yet again shot game let me down .

That was my 1st card out of 3 for my HC .

not sure whether or not you're aware Danny but just make sure, for your handicap cards that you are holing out & not writing scratches on the card, pretty sure they want to see strokes taken on every hole

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

not sure whether or not you're aware Danny but just make sure, for your handicap cards that you are holing out & not writing scratches on the card, pretty sure they want to see strokes taken on every hole

handicap cars are based off a max of double bogey per hole basis
    If you are higher or scratch then it is deemed a double bogey

Ah yeah i holed out on each 2 holes , i was one over the scratch on both .

The Mrs just said i can slip around for 7 holes tomorrow . That will be 3 days on the bounce , talk about getting value form my membership ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

27 points for 13 holes today at a windy Ballykisteen. Course was in surprisingly decent shape considering the storm last week and the weather for the last few months.

3 pars (including the index 11th which was into the teeth of the wind and consisted of a driver, 5 wood, wedge and a 5 foot putt. I failed to par that hole in the whole summer last year when conditions were as benign as could be!)
    9 bogeys
    1 double

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

Played in the fourball matchplay in the european club yesterday and we won on the 18th. I holed a 12 footer for a half on 17 and then my partner managed to par the last for the win after everyone else in the group bottled it and went into the water - while it makes for good matchplay I'm still not convinced that water belongs on that hole!
    Conditions were fairly tough - it was dry but there was a brutal wind off the sea so on the back 9 meant that we were struggling to stay balanced on some shots. Worked out my points afterwards and it was 26 points, with 4 3-putts my goal of breaking 30 points around the european club has once again not been reached (think thats about 7 or 8 goes at it now!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

79 blows around the monty course in carton house today, (44points off 12) with a stupid double on the first:eek: 1 over on the back 9 so finished strong, course is in decent nick some wet patches as could be expected, and bunkers were in play. only found two of them thankfully so that's reflected in my score.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pinseeker

Might as well put up round from sat morning as will be awhile before i can play.Broke my arm sat nite,pins being put in wed. Gutted :( what will i do without golf :(

4 birdies
    12 pars
    2 bogies

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yettie1701

Went around gowran park -1 today in pretty tough conditions. My first sub par round. Delighted with how I played. Even had a double bogey in there. Birdied the last two holes for a strong finish. Hope that's not the pinnacle of my year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yettie1701 wrote: »
    Went around gowran park -1 today in pretty tough conditions. My first sub par round. Delighted with how I played. Even had a double bogey in there. Birdied the last two holes for a strong finish. Hope that's not the pinnacle of my year.

That'll stand you in good stead for the boards outing that's on there in a couple of months ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

pinseeker wrote: »
    Might as well put up round from sat morning as will be awhile before i can play.Broke my arm sat nite,pins being put in wed. Gutted :( what will i do without golf :(

4 birdies
    12 pars
    2 bogies

No way, sorry to hear that

Rikand wrote: »
    That'll stand you in good stead for the boards outing that's on there in a couple of months ;)

Thanks for that. I'd love to play in some of the events there are some great courses. Can a visitor play or would I need to be a member of the society first. Thanks.

4 birdies
    12 pars
    2 bogies

That's a total bumber. I'm really sorry to hear that. Great score by the way. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

4 birdies
    12 pars
    2 bogies

Very sorry to hear that. Hope you're back to it soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 timmo2000

32 points yesterday for 13 holes in williamstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pinseeker

Thanks for kind words lads...pretty depressed and sore at moment.

I'll take enjoyment from yer happpiness in posting yer great rounds on this thread over next 2 months or so :)

Advertisement