Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

inthehole1 wrote: »
    how is the course holding up after the weather we have had
    Thought it would of have been closed

Was closed yesterday alright, 2 days of no rain so was ok, bit soft not too bad, few make shift greens in place to mind the main green, bit **** that now if i must say myself

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ralphh

Played the O'Meara course in Carton. 7 pars! Played off the winter tees though so not a true reflection of a normal round!

40 sf points though so really happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Wombatman wrote: »
    26 for 14 off 18.

3 pars
    8 bogies
    2 doubles
    1 scratch

Drove like a clown. Putting not much better.

Is that not 27 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Played again today - 9 Holes

21pts off 18

5 Pars
    2 Bogeys
    2 DB

41 Strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Got to play 15 holes today .

26 points marking of 28 . Working on a grip change at the moment so i wasnt too worried about scores .

Huge improvment with my driver . So for this alone i walked off the course quite happy .

The wind was quite strong at times and never seemed to be an advantage . My putting was terrible but Ill put that down to the wind cause Its normally quite good .

Highlight of the round , leaving a 6 inch tap in from a 110 yard PW shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Got to play 15 holes today .

26 points marking of 28 . Working on a grip change at the moment so i wasnt too worried about scores .

Huge improvment with my driver . So for this alone i walked off the course quite happy .

The wind was quite strong at times and never seemed to be an advantage . My putting was terrible but Ill put that down to the wind cause Its normally quite good .

Highlight of the round , leaving a 6 inch tap in from a 110 yard PW shot

you'll find that quite a lot around GC, prevaiking wind is into/across on considerably more holes than it is with you

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

you'll find that quite a lot around GC, prevaiking wind is into/across on considerably more holes than it is with you
    Yeah and the 1st is hard enough as it without the gale force wind ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

But it wasnt all bad as i hit the drive of my life on the 3rd with the wind behind me

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

2 under gross in Carton House today. Got away with it weather wise. Played decent but course playing very short with placing everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Got at for 9holes today in tramore very wet but glad to get out,had 3pars,5bogeys,1db it was very windy but a yellow thing in the sky was out for awhile had forgotten what the sun looked like:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

34 pts in a wet WaterRock.

Putting like a 36 handicappper. But the rest of game good.

20 pts on back nine.

But if you can't score 36 pts around WaterRock in Cork - you have the wrong handicap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

39 points today.

1 birdie
    6 pars
    10 bogies
    1 double

Sounds excellent, but the course was ridiculously short. Lots of very forward tees and some temporarys too. Played solid but unspectacular. Course was very wet but at least it was open.

Driving much improved on last week, irons ok, pitching generally alright but a shocker from a good position on 13 caused only double of the day. Putting solid, nowhere near the spectacular heights of last week, had 36 putts in all but only 2 or three bad ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

3 birdies
    9 para
    3 bogies
    3 doubles

1st card for my handicap after it expired after not playing for a few years.(they said the winter rules score.would still
    Count) . Played well enough. Driving was average but stayed out of trouble. Iron game is getting there, this use to be my strongest part of my game but has been sloppy of late. Putting was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

14 hole comp today 20 points playing off 18 for the 14 holes . Arrived in plenty of time to be told the two people I was supposed to play with cancelled and I could head out with the 3 lads that were already on tee, no practice on putting green of even a few swings in net to loosen up which I like to do but what harm . Was all over the place first few holes , nearly hit first putt off green from 20 foot and few terrible wedge and iron shots but I stuck with it and chipped in for birdie on 9 th and parred the 10 th and 11 th for a nice spell during the round . I had
    1 birdie
    2 pars
    2 bogeys
    6 double bogeys
    3 scratches
    Overall with the quick start into playing I'm happy enough with how the game went . Will be going to range to try sort out my iron play before my next comp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

40pts off 18 in casual round.
    5 pars
    12 bogies
    1 double

Drove well. 3 wood outstanding. Hybrids and mid irons OK. Pitching and chipping good. Putting poor. Course management and concentration could have been better.

Course like a swamp in spots. Surprised it was open. Shocked I didn't lose any balls to plugging. Nice day but a breeze to be reckoned with. Greens were very soft but as true as they could be with all the traffic.

Happy over all. Back was playing up so had to swing slow and steady which contributed to a nice steady round.

Hoping to get cut soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate was in great condition today considering the constant deluge we've had over the last while. I played another 13 hole competition there today and while I played ok I only had 25pts as I wasn't hitting the greens in 2 like I had been last couple of weeks. Played the 6th very badly (triple bogey) and the 7th not much better (double) but apart from that was steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

7 pars
    5 bogeys
    5 doubles
    1 scratch

Can't remember ever driving it as bad which incredibly worked to my advantage into the teeth of the wind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

67-

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Played 13 holes in Ballykisteen today. Had 23 points or so. First tee has been moved back to where it used to be so it's a tough par 4 again now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

ballyk wrote: »
    Played 13 holes in Ballykisteen today. Had 23 points or so. First tee has been moved back to where it used to be so it's a tough par 4 again now.

Is that a permanent move back?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Is that a permanent move back?

As far as I know it is. Apparently it's been back there for a couple of months now. No more irons off the tee!

• Advertisement

As far as I know it is. Apparently it's been back there for a couple of months now. No more irons off the tee!

Isnt that the hole they shortened to a par 3 when we were there? Great its back to a par 4 as its a great opening hole

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Isnt that the hole they shortened to a par 3 when we were there? Great its back to a par 4 as its a great opening hole

Good memory Charlie! Yes, it was a par 3 when we played it which really took from it as it made par much easier to attain.

It then went to a short par 4 of 287 yards off the whites. It's actually going to be tougher than it used to be in the old days as there's a lot of out of bounds down the right hand side now which wasn't the case before. It'll take a good drive and a good second shot over the water now to hit the green.

Went looking for a last minute course yesterday morning (nothing booked with the weather) and ended up in Esker Hills with alxmorgan. Turned out to be an ok day for golf, few showers, sunshine and the compulsory hailstones which have fallen there the last 2 times i've played there!!! Course was in excellent condition considering the weather we've had which is more that what I can say about my game!! Then again its my first full round of the year and the first since late December so I can't complain. Flashes of the end of last year came up in my game which was good but wayyyyyy too much rust that the visits to the range haven't cured. Short game is improving which was my Achilles heel last year. Driving took a few holes to get right but it came back - after 8 holes!! Had 3 pars, few bogies and a few dom do dom dom's!!

Carried the bag for the first time too (my new years resolution is to get fit and this is part of it) Could have picked an easier course to start out doing it!!! So much handier carry it though - if the fcuker would stop falling over every time i put it down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Good memory Charlie! Yes, it was a par 3 when we played it which really took from it as it made par much easier to attain.

It then went to a short par 4 of 287 yards off the whites. It's actually going to be tougher than it used to be in the old days as there's a lot of out of bounds down the right hand side now which wasn't the case before. It'll take a good drive and a good second shot over the water now to hit the green.

Still OOB down left as well i.e. on to 8th green ?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Stableford singles on saturday over 12 holes .... HCP 17

Par,Par,Birdie,Bogey,Double Bogey,Par,Double,Par,Double Bogey,Bogey,Bogey

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Driver breaking my heart... 12 holes 1 fairway... short game was okish

+3 - 1 fairway hit, 6 greens

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Still OOB down left as well i.e. on to 8th green ?

I think that's gone.

I was down the right hand side with my drive so I wasn't taking too much notice of whether the OOB on the left was still there. Given the strength of the left to right wind yesterday it would nearly have been impossible to be over where the OOB on the left used to be. :D

I think that's gone.

I was down the right hand side with my drive so I wasn't taking too much notice of whether the OOB on the left was still there. Given the strength of the left to right wind yesterday it would nearly have been impossible to be over where the OOB on the left used to be. :D

If its is still there it would leave you with a very small target
    Surprised its back full though as I thought the houses out right were the issue

alxmorgan wrote: »
    If its is still there it would leave you with a very small target
    Surprised its back full though as I thought the houses out right were the issue

Agreed the target would be too small. There seems to have been work done on the fence by the road which now looks more secure. There's also a small one just to the right of the tee-box which should catch any drive that is heading straight right and towards the houses.

If you fancy a game to see it for yourself give me a shout.

• Advertisement

Agreed the target would be too small. There seems to have been work done on the fence by the road which now looks more secure. There's also a small one just to the right of the tee-box which should catch any drive that is heading straight right and towards the houses.

If you fancy a game to see it for yourself give me a shout.

Cheers. Defo planning to get out there soon for a game as its a course I've always loved.

How is it holding up with the weather ?
    Always took water well in my experience. Tried to get out there a few weeks ago and it was closed which shocked me - you know the weather is bad then !!

Advertisement