Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

24 for 12 today. Striking the ball best I've ever struck it. Hit every fairway/ green in regulation bar 1. Gorgeous day aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

30 for 15 today, finished last in the group of three:(

Pretty happy with all aspects of the game having put in a lot of work on the range in the "off season".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

:):)Best score ever today, 82 gross in Headfort new.:):)

and i left 2 or 3 easy ones out there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

1st win if the year yesterday, 39 with a blob oh the last, one of those days when every putt dropped.

Great timing as we have an early qualifier for Barton Cup coming up.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

whizbang wrote: »
    :):)Best score ever today, 82 gross in Headfort new.:):)

and i left 2 or 3 easy ones out there..

Cool - a tough course to have your best ever score - must have been an amazing day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

6 pars
    9 bogeys
    2 doubles
    1 treble

Didn't think it was possible but actually getting worse off the tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

27 points for 14 hole winter competition in Palmerstown today with 3 blanks, a bit rusty especially of the tee! Looking forward to my lesson on Wednesday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Play of 10 placing looking like best gross winter league
    nice feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

scrubber72 wrote: »
    What did you think of the course conditions?

In great shape considering the recent weather. Greens well above average. Bunkers were awful but I guess that's the case everywhere. They are Gur in my home course Tuam, so didn't know how to play them in that sloppy condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

27 points for 13 holes in the spring league in Ballykisteen today. Score was the same as last week. I was happy with the result considering how I started (double bogeyed 1 and 2, parred the third and scratched the fourth!). So had 5 points for the first 4 holes and 22 for the next 9. The highlight was the 12th which I birdied.

Overall the short game was very good as I chipped well and single putted the 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th and 12th :eek:). Driving was poor early on but it seemed to come together after that as I may finally have fixed the sliced drive. If that's the case it bodes well with the short game in good shape.

1 birdie
    5 pars
    4 bogeys
    2 doubles
    1 scratch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

21 points for back 9 today .

Besides a few bad chips i played really well for my standard . But i do struggle with shots from 50 yards and closer , im starting to think Its a mental thing at this stage but at least i know what my practice time will be spent doing .

Got out about 1.45 till 4 and it was a lovely afternoon after that terrible morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Played some great stuff today. It was a rumble format over 15 holes. First 5 holes best score of the 3 players, second 5 two scores count and last 5 all three scores count.

Had a sensational start. Was level par after 8 holes, but returned to human golf for the last 7. Finished +6 for the 15.

2 birdies
    5 pars
    8 bogies
    0 doubles

Game was excellent inside 150m, particularly my putting, but poor enough long game. Driving really patchy again, definitely need to get some lessons to sort it out. Won't make single figures driving the way I do.

Unfotunately my two partners weren't playing too well so no chance of winning. dying to get to scoring comps while my game is in such good shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Played in the Winter League Final in Moate on Sunday and while my team didn't do very well I was pleased with my own performance. I scored 38pts off 15 and felt that I didn't really play that well so there is definitely a big score waiting to escape sometime soon :D

I birdied 9th & 18th, had 4 pars, 9 bogeys and 3 doubles. 85 strokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

played winter league semi finals yesterday in my home club Delgany - Myself and my partner won our match 2&1 ... We were the first match out and some pressure on the 1st teebox !!! I holed some big putts for halves and I had the winning two scores on the holes we needed to win.... CANNOT WAIT FOR THE FINAL !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

+5 for 16 last weekend, hit the ball nice but lipped a few putts which is annoying given the good looks i had! Cant wait to play 18 competitvely soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Played 14 holes today, great day for it.

+4
    10 pars
    4 bogey's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Played Rathcore today, great day for it.

92 (48 front/44 back) Gross. 39pts off 23HCP with no points on two holes. Weird day, could play great only to make a mess of the next hole.

7 Pars
    5 Bogeys
    3 Dbl Bogeys
    3 Triple Bogeys

Driving very consistent as were woods and irons apart from a few fluffs.
    Had 4 drop shots, I'd either land short of the green into the water or put it over the back into the scrub only to lose it. Putting saved me a lot. Just realising I had seven pars, mental for the score I had lol

Really must work on my PW down, can't seem to pin a distance on them at the minute and with rathcore it usually means just missing the front of the green and landing in the water. Best shot of the day was landing within 5ft of the pin from 150yds out of a fairway bunker. First bunker shot in weeks

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Played Rathcore today, great day for it.

92 (48 front/44 back) Gross. 39pts off 23HCP with no points on two holes. Weird day, could play great only to make a mess of the next hole.

7 Pars
    5 Bogeys
    3 Dbl Bogeys
    3 Triple Bogeys

Driving very consistent as were woods and irons apart from a few fluffs.
    Had 4 drop shots, I'd either land short of the green into the water or put it over the back into the scrub only to lose it. Putting saved me a lot. Just realising I had seven pars, mental for the score I had lol

Really must work on my PW down, can't seem to pin a distance on them at the minute and with rathcore it usually means just missing the front of the green and landing in the water. Best shot of the day was landing within 5ft of the pin from 150yds out of a fairway bunker. First bunker shot in weeks

7 pars for a 23hc is fantastic shooting, well done. If you could have turned those double & triple bogey's in to bogeys you would have had a brilliant score. Keep it up as clearly you have lots of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

mafc wrote: »
    7 pars for a 23hc is fantastic shooting, well done. If you could have turned those double & triple bogey's in to bogeys you would have had a brilliant score. Keep it up as clearly you have lots of potential.
    Thanks ,

I think all the triples I had a drop on. The doubles I have no real excuse for. Going for the greens in two on Par 4's only to land short then chip,pitch,bump and run or putt badly leaving a two putt. I had some really nice bump and runs and pitches today leaving me very close but they saved me more than anything. Anyhow, more short game practice is needed me thinks :)

* Noticed some work being done on the course today, new practice area being put in, one thing it was missing so delighted!

Not great today ,

7 over for 11 in The Heritage.

In water twice - 2 and 4 - both ended up doubles. Irons a bit pulling and pushing.
    I guess I was only 3 over for other 9 - but that is not the way this great game works.

Finished strong. Lovely day for it - course fairways amazing condition. Greens slow for there. Bunkers improving.

• Advertisement

mafc wrote: »
    Played 14 holes today, great day for it.

+4
    10 pars
    4 bogey's

mafc - you seem to be having a very good run of scores over the last while ?

Have you improved much ? Looks it from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

9 holes in Enniscorthy this evening.

Started well with par and 3 bogies in first 4 holes, had a few dodgy holes in middle and finished with few doubles.

54 strokes- happy enough with that, hopefully get another 9holes in tomorrow evening.

mafc - you seem to be having a very good run of scores over the last while ?

Have you improved much ? Looks it from here.

Yeh definitely improving, mainly keeping my drive on fairway / in play. Short game is good so even though I might miss greens, I would get a lot of up and downs. Wouldn't consider myself a great ball striker or long hitter but confidence is most important thing at the minute.

Hope it continues & I haven't put the mockers on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Played Modified four ball (best drive and own ball after that) 3/4 handicap aswell so off 13
    Played Saturday and managed to come 2nd with 48pts, another team also got 48pts so dunno how we were second but anyway,

Drives were great and irons were solid all day, very clean didnt top any shot, had few that went off a bit to the right but was very confident standing over the ball with the irons

Wedges werent great and the Putter ahhhh the f##king Putter,
    Every putt was short bar 3 where i was very aggressive going for Birdie, got 3 out of 4 Birds
    Alot to work on with the putter........and i thought i was sh#t hot on the carpet the night before :)

Still a voucher in the pocket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

29 points for 15 holes on Sunday. I was 2 under after 3 holes and then let it slip a bit which was disappointing but still happy with the result on a very wet and windy day :)

Only a bit of practice and only 6 holes.

Striking the ball way better today. I know only 6 holes - but nice to walk away feeling happy after it.
    Level par.

I've been playing away due to work and pleasure - I know I would be 3 or 4 or 5 shots worse off away from home.
    On a still day , my place is way easier than any of the courses I was on, or maybe you just play that much better at home.

Could be an interesting topic for a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Played in a champagne scramble Sunday and we ended up finishing 3 rd with a score of 93 points ( winner had 95) . Delighted to get into the prizes . On a personal level my driving was 50/50 some good , some terrible , iron play was ok my pitching , chipping and putting were great which I was delighted with . Need to work on my longer clubs in range .

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Played Lahinch Championship Course today with Society,
    17 Holes open,
    Playing off 17hc hit 40pts

8 Pars
    8 Bogeys
    1 DB
    No scratch :) very happy with that as i used to get at least 1 if not 2 a round

Ended up winning and getting Pair of Nike Golf Shoes
    Delighted with winning, didnt lose a ball and even on a few pulls off the tee managed to find the ball and get a score,

Putting was wayyyyy better, after last Saturday didnt leave any short and got a few Par saves

Game was all round Good and a nice day out aswell :)

Played "Royal" Curragh today, course dry & greens in great condition .

Gross 78 (+6)
    11 pars
    1 birdie
    5 bogeys
    1 fupping double bogey
    +1 front 9.... +5 back 9, 3 bad holes in a row resulting in 4 over but held it together and finished well.

FIR 86%
    GIR 44%
    Putts 29

• Advertisement

80 strokes (+ 9 )
    31 putts (1 - 3 putt)

A couple of very bad OTT swing - 2 resulting in balls OB. Was hoping that was out of my game , but back today a bit.

Putting way better. 1 Bad 3 putt last hole. Bunker shots a bit better , more committed to full swing and , avoid getting too wristy.

2 Birdies
    A little target to get 4 on a card over next few months - feel I can as on greens and now getting ball going at hole.

Happy enough - work on OTT and stick at putting. Getting a bit steep on wedges - but could be all same thing.

Was fairly windy on back nine , played well - first day out with GPS - work in progress.

Advertisement