Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Loughrea is a lovely course - first 5 holes very tricky, but then it opens out and you have a lot of fun holes in there. A really good mix of a golf course :)!

1 under gross for 15 holes around Athlone today for 34 points.

4 birdies, 3 bogeys, 8 pars.

Hit the ball class, made a few putts too including a monster 40 footer on the 13th for a par after I half duffed my chip, lol :)

Found out I won a hamper in my class for the weekend comp and I also won a turkey voucher in the weekly turkey competition as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 German

Played today.Couldnt see a100 metres ahead. Still managed 24 pts for 13 holes. Won nothing par for me but good company and conversation .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Finally got a turkey

15 out no good

22 back to get a turkey

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

35pts off 13 in Claremorris. Scratch on the last :mad:
    Class course in great condition for the time of year. Tricky greens and lacking course knowledge. Outstanding weather.
    +1 after 7. Let's focus on that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,042 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

27 points for 12 holes last week and 28 Saturday just gone.
    Didnt make the top 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

29pt off 12 yesterday.
    Front nine was brutal, 3&4 tee shot was in the trees and blanked both holes. I then 3 putted on 5,6,7,8,9. On the 5th I sent my first putt 8 foot pass the hole, on the 6th I left my first putt 8 ft short. It went on like that all day, the greens are in brilliant shape, lovely roll but I just couldn't get the pace. To save the green this time of year the pins are all either near the front or near the sides, so if you're in the center of the green, its very easy to putt pass the hole and run off.
    Putting didn't get better on the back 9, but got my approaches a bit closer, so came home with 18 points and save some face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Wombatman wrote: »
    35pts off 13 in Claremorris. Scratch on the last :mad:
    Class course in great condition for the time of year. Tricky greens and lacking course knowledge. Outstanding weather.
    +1 after 7. Let's focus on that :)

It's a great course, going joining there next year as country member as its cheap as chips! The last is very easy to scratch, I don't think you would have had a shot there? Miss the green on your approach and it's a very tough up and down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

GreeBo wrote: »
    27 points for 12 holes last week and 28 Saturday just gone.
    Didnt make the top 5!

27 points won our 9 hole winter league competition last week. :cool: Must try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Saturday had 31 and Sunday 36 had 3 scratches both days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

etxp wrote: »
    It's a great course, going joining there next year as country member as its cheap as chips! The last is very easy to scratch, I don't think you would have had a shot there? Miss the green on your approach and it's a very tough up and down!

Was playing well and had my cocky pants on. Tried to stupidly take too much off the corner on 18. Ended up in the deep dark wood with the Gruffalo. A 3 wood and 5 iron would have me hitting into the green with a PW. Such a dumbass move in hind sight as not much to gain from cutting corner ass going for that green in two is fraught with danger.

Will will have to arrange a game out there next summer when the greens are super fast. Love the place.

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/334-26280358-26280704

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

29pts for 13 holes in Blesso lakes off 12 on Saturday 7 pars 6 bogeys steady, place in outstanding condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Fort Stranger

40 for front nine at Chesterton valley in Shropshire yesterday , five pars and four bogeys, driving poor but putting great, off 16. Happy with it but know there's a great round in me if I can keep the head!

40 for front nine at Chesterton valley in Shropshire yesterday , five pars and four bogeys, driving poor but putting great, off 16. Happy with it but know there's a great round in me if I can keep the head!

misread that as 40 points for 9 holes there for a second, lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Fort Stranger

Rikand wrote: »

God no that would be worth shouting about, 22 points but if I had played the back nine there it is tougher and I rarely get twenty points off it, nice course, not the longest at around 5,700, but across a valley so almost every hole is a tricky proposal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »

Same here!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

A very miserable 20pts (13 holes) in Moate last Sunday. After a par on the 1st which included a brave 2nd shot over the right hand bunker I was going grand then just couldn't get my game together at all for the rest of the round. Maybe I peaked too soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

27 points for 12 holes. Second time in two weeks. Hoping it's possible to get a reduction based on general play for winter 12 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

79 blows around Concra Wood, 43 front :eek: driver was not cooperating on the front, seemed to fix it on the 8th tee and it was alot better from their, loved the course first time playing it and was in fantastic shape considering its December! defo will be back to play a comp in the summer...some unreal holes the 10th is a cracker,hit hybrid down to the bell then you get to enjoy hitting a pw over 200 yards!! down a ski slope where it just hangs in the air for ever...a real cheryl cole (great hole)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

79 blows around Concra Wood, 43 front :eek: driver was not cooperating on the front, seemed to fix it on the 8th tee and it was alot better from their, loved the course first time playing it and was in fantastic shape considering its December! defo will be back to play a comp in the summer...some unreal holes the 10th is a cracker,hit hybrid down to the bell then you get to enjoy hitting a pw over 200 yards!! down a ski slope where it just hangs in the air for ever...a real cheryl cole (great hole)

Not familiar with the course but that 10th sounds class. Good shooting too by the way, well good back 9 at least, always nice to recover a bad front 9 like that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

39 points today.

19 on the front with a scratch. That came as a result of having to use a cracked ball. 20 coming home. Like all say, left a good lot out there but I hope this is the long hours of practice paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

39 points today.

19 on the front with a scratch. That came as a result of having to use a cracked ball. 20 coming home. Like all say, left a good lot out there but I hope this is the long hours of practice paying off.

Why did you play with a cracked ball ?

Rule 5-3 states that you can replace a ball that is unfit for play.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I didn't know the rule and nor did my partners so I erred in the side of caution. Rookie mistake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Was checking last weekend's results there now in my club. I haven't played more than 3times since the Boards Captain's Prize in Mt Juliet but don't think I will for a while yet after seeing the winning score of 51points!! Wtf!! From a 20handicapper! Gross 5 over!! Must be hard pressed to bring home the Christmas dinner!! Is this the highest winter stableford score this year or dare I ask, have there been higher?!

33 points for 15 holes today ( level par )

Started off brilliantly. Birdied my first 3 holes!!! Was very lucky on the first though. Snap hooked my drive, but because of placing, could tee the ball up. Hammer it over trees and hit it into 10 feet. Birdied the 9th and 12th as well. Duffed 3 chips though which was disappointing. Total decelerations. all 3 cost me bogeys as well, which was very disappointing. Was 2 under with 3 holes to go and 2 very disappointing bogeys, especially with the 14th currently playing as a driveable par 4.

Overall very happy with how im playing though. Driving it great, irons are great and putting is great. Just need to tighten up my chipping

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

27 pts/13 holes Blesso lakes, need a top 8 to have any chance in the Hampers as it is our last week in the league. Hit drive on 13 short and into the trees, hit a nice 6 iron up and over to 70 yars in front of the green, wedge to 2 feet, got the putt for 3 pionts. reckon that wedge could get me a nice hamper,....... mmmmmmmm possible browning pionts.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

24pts for me in 13 hole competition in Moate on Sunday. Played a little better than last week but still not playing anywhere near as well as I can. Missed some very gettable putts. In my defence it was absolutely freezing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

13 pts from 9 - it was so cold I couldn't feel my arms....

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

32 points from 17 holes in kilkenny this morning (par three 10th was skipped as green keeperd were blowing leaves off it). Id nearly give myself a birdie on it 😄
    6 pars
    6 bogies
    2 doubles
    3 triples

Driving has improved so muchbin last three months and its the duffed irons and chips that are now hurting me. 33 putts and a few that shaved the hole for what would have been a great score. (Why is it i always play better on my own). Cant wait to get out again .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

9 over ,
    First time playing a full round in a month,
    Short game and putting rusty enough, but surprised myself how well it went considering I'm in lessons at moment.

Had a double layer all over , 2 hats , 2 socks, under armour , 4 layers on top.
    Was fresh, and wind a challenge.

Bizarrely enjoyed it, course full enough with a scramble, course in great condition with good growth and solid greens.

So happy enough considering everything.

Advertisement