Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

cairny wrote: »
    Ha, that's me is it? Fair enough call I suppose.

Coincidentally I just got called a bandit on FB so I'll be busy for the next hour or so :-P

I never directed it at anyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

cairny wrote: »
    Ha, that's me is it? Fair enough call I suppose.

Coincidentally I just got called a bandit on FB so I'll be busy for the next hour or so :-P

Why were you called one.

- .... .. ... / .. ... / . - / . --- --- -.- . . -.-.-

That is morse code for This is a joke.

But I did think earlier

"The lady doth protest too much , methinks "

Do you play interclub. Joke of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

Why were you called one.

- .... .. ... / .. ... / . - / . --- --- -.- . . -.-.-

That is morse code for This is a joke.

But I did think earlier

"The lady doth protest too much , methinks "

Do you play interclub. Joke of course.

I've been on a crazy run of form all month and I have the ESR to show for it thankfully.

I do play inter club. As much as I can possibly get. Only been playing regularly for four years so not cynical yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Great session at the range last night followed by a while on the putting green today resulted in 4 over for 9 holes this evening. 5 pars and 4 bogies. 3 of the pars were tap in's too. Drove the ball great hitting all fairways and nearly all greens in regulation. Tried out an oddessy 2 ball putter and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

dar_cool wrote: »
    Had 36points, 76 strokes off 4 around castleknock today, could have been 40 easily, had a decent birdie putt on the first 10 holes, was 2 under after 9, left a really good round out there, hit 92% of fairways and 72% of gir, putting was bad though. 6 bogies on the back nine!! Disaster!!

Great shooting all the same, not easy score of 4. Sounds like you have the lesson already engrained and it's paying dividends in the long game. Were the greens sanded or any excuse for the poor putting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Great shooting all the same, not easy score of 4. Sounds like you have the lesson already engrained and it's paying dividends in the long game. Were the greens sanded or any excuse for the poor putting?

Cheers,
    No greens were perfect, think ive been working on other aspects of my game and the putting has gone a little bit by the wayside. Drove the 4th green and 3 putted from the fringe:o, says it all really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

zuutroy wrote: »
    38 off 18 at a breezy and wet Roganstown today. 8 Pars and 6 doubles. Parred all the par 5s which was nice. Should be down to 17 now :)

2nd on a count back, but DQ because I didn't put my handicap on the card. Only my 3rd competition so still prone to stupid administrative mistakes :(

Will I still get cut or is it like the round never happened? howdidido is displaying me as being off 17.1 now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

zuutroy wrote: »
    2nd on a count back, but DQ because I didn't put my handicap on the card. Only my 3rd competition so still prone to stupid administrative mistakes :(

Will I still get cut or is it like the round never happened? howdidido is displaying me as being off 17.1 now.

did you not get a sticker with your name, hc and competition date on it when you sign in / swiped your card?

AFAIR you will still get cut alright.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    did you not get a sticker with your name, hc and competition date on it when you sign in / swiped your card?

AFAIR you will still get cut alright.

No...I got one when I played in a competition at Westmanstown, but neither of the two times at Roganstown. If I get the cut I'll be happy enough I suppose...still, probably missed out on a few vouchers due to my stupidity :rolleyes:

Got the cut by 0.9 anyway. Decent enough outcome and lesson learned I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

40pts off 6 today on my home course. Real tidy round just a single birdie on the last hole for a 4 pointer. Made a mess of the index 18 par 3. Wrong club went through the green into a thick bush. I was fuming. But delighted...handicap will be cut back to 5 with only a few weeks to go before the season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

115 strokes today around Slade Valley for my second handicap card. I couldn't get off the tee to save my life. There is not one hole that I was happy with today.

Going out on Saturday, hopefully can put together a few holes for once. This is a frustrating game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Awful :(

Shot 121 in Slade Valley for my third handicap card. Have been working on improving my grip on the range since Wednesday to stop the hook. When I got off the tee I did well with it, straight down the middle. But at least half the time I lifted my head before I hit it leaving it going 40 yards if lucky.

My iron striking was generally terrible, I may as well have been using a shovel most of the time. When I did strike it somewhat well I was turning the club over in my hands a huge amount which was causing ver wayward shots.

However, I can see that when the shots I've been working on in the range were working when I executed them properly. So there are some positives, and, I've been told to expect the handicap early in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Keep going Dr. Rieux. Keep working hard and it'll come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

34 points in a stiff wind and with recently hollow tined and sanded greens. Happy enough since only 1 scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

33 points off 16 today in the club singles in Ballykisteen. Drove the ball really well. Rest of my game was mediocre though. Struggled with the long putts as the greens had been hollowtined. Scratched the last hole so we'll have to wait and see what CSS is to know whether it's a buffer or a point 1.

CSS turned out to be 35 so I made it into the buffer zone. A par at the last would have got me the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Yet another 'meh' round! 32 points, no scratches, another 0.1 back.....

1 birdie
    3 pars
    10 bogies
    4 doubles

Just lost my groove in the last 5-6 weeks. Another round filled with silly, rather than catastrophic errors. No out of bounds, but one in a lake but got up and down to salvage a bogey. Too many bogies, where I would have been parring them a few weeks ago.

Think I'm possibly golfed out, feeling too much like hard work now. I keep pushing to get back to 12, but in reality much more likely to get another 0.1.

2014 promised so much, had a great winter, worked really hard on the game. Results were a little slow once qualifying started but then made a great burst but then this slide. I know I'm good enough to play to single figures, but that will have to wait another year.

The winter break will do me good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

2 over for 10 holes Balcarrick .

Needed a bit of parkland practice.

Work on wedges paying off.

Ran out of time and course busy. Not the hardest course , but going well still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Yet another 'meh' round! 32 points, no scratches, another 0.1 back.....

1 birdie
    3 pars
    10 bogies
    4 doubles

Just lost my groove in the last 5-6 weeks. Another round filled with silly, rather than catastrophic errors. No out of bounds, but one in a lake but got up and down to salvage a bogey. Too many bogies, where I would have been parring them a few weeks ago.

Think I'm possibly golfed out, feeling too much like hard work now. I keep pushing to get back to 12, but in reality much more likely to get another 0.1.

2014 promised so much, had a great winter, worked really hard on the game. Results were a little slow once qualifying started but then made a great burst but then this slide. I know I'm good enough to play to single figures, but that will have to wait another year.

The winter break will do me good.

I know exactly how you feel. When trying to play the last two rounds I have struggled to maintain focus. I decided to take a two week break from playing just to recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

A new low in GIR stats today in the last monthly medal hitting only 1 green (6%) on the shortest par 3 of 155 yards. Mid to short irons have completely disintegrated both in terms of terrible distance and accuracy. Pretty disheartening as was generally hitting the ball of the tee OK although got into big trouble on three occasions pulling the ball left into trees which had to be hacked back into the fairway. Short game kept me alive for the first 10 or 12 holes but then started to crumble under the constant pressure. Finished with an 85 for a nett +5 in very blustery conditions, a frustrating day although thankfully it remained dry for the round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

34 pts (10) never made a putt all day, driving ok, chipping not to usual standard but thankfully in the buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Played knightsbrook saturday, greens were bad as only done last week, had 30 off society handicap of 1, wasn't bad in the windy conditions. 3 putted a few times, had 0 confidence in the greens. Nice layout all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Nialler15

Gross 83 off 14 in Co. Louth in first winter league. 69 Nett. Won my Class and cut to 12.9, which im happy with as the last while have been getting nothing but 0.1's back.

One three putt on par 3 for a bogey which really annoyed me. And a couple of other putts I should have holed but overall happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Lads quit stirring things for other people, the golf digest thread had plenty of warnings, there won't be any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

3-club competition today in athlone. I brought my 5-wood, 7 iron and 54° gap wedge. I putted with the blade of the gap wedge.

Really fun competition which was only dampered by the greens being hollowtined which made putting very difficult.

Next time id bring an 8 iron instead of 7 but that's it. Hope they run it again soon maybe in the spring.

Had 32 points with 2 blanks. Putting with the gap wedge I had 32 putts and would have been 5-6 better but for the greens. Might drop the putter altogether lol

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Won my quater final matchplay game yesterday afternoon in terrible conditions on the 20 th hole . It was a real ding dong battle only 3 holes were drawn out of the 20 played . Personally I drove terrible and towards the end of the round was using 5 iron off the tee, iron play , short game and putting were in good order which kept me in at vital stages during the match but badly need to get the driving sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

1 under in Adare Manor on Friday. First of all, It really is a cracking golf course. One of the finest parklands I have played and would put it up there with Mount Juliet

Was a committee outing and the weather wasn't great. Was 2 Over after 6 with two 3-putts on the 1st and 6th. Turned it around with birdies on 7,8 and 12 and although I missed a few chances coming in, 37 Points was a decent return. Managed to pick up the sweep money too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

shot an 88 in the October medal.
    so its a nett 75 off 13.

was playing well just had a cold putter on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

85 off 9 for 32 points around Rathcore yesterday.

Very good off tee and generally good second shots. Very untidy around the greens on back 9 which cost a good score. 19 out and 13 in.

1 Birdie
    6 Pars
    9 Bogeys
    1 Double
    1 Triple (Ferrel Rat)

FIR 100%
    GIR 39%
    Putts 35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Last 20 off 13. Driving has improved big time. Putting and chipping going backwards mainly due to being too careless around the green.

36,36,37,39,36 points in last 5. Very happy with that.

Gort last Friday. Very nice GC. Some spectacular views.

324214.jpg

Advertisement