Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

13 holes Sunday in Moate. 28pts and played fairly well. Scrambled a few one pointers but scored on every hole which is crucial when only doing the 13. New 'Winter League' layout of holes worked very well. Play 1-6 then turn to play 10-16.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

I played a round on sunday for the first time in a long time.(about two months) gorgeous day for it. I was either brilliant or brutal : ) no in between. not a par in sight the whole day.
    5 birdies
    0 pars
    5 bogeys
    4 doubles
    4 blanks
    FFS!!!! explain that :mad::mad:
    Thats it now til 2015 please god. Once again failed with my quest to get to single figures. Next year is the year ;);)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I dunno. Another 30 points today but a very odd round. Played some brilliant golf at times but couldn't buy a putt which was the problem today. Too many 3 putts and missed a putt from foot...summed up the day! Keep working hard is all I can do :o

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 74 , +3
    3 birdies
    9 pars
    6 bogeys
    Played solid but winter rules, shortened course & placing everywhere. Happy with ball striking.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

20 points for 12 holes. Getting better off the tee. Have almost eradicated the hook. Irons were terrible again but near the end it was coming together. I started committing to shots and that has made a huge difference, mush less mi****s because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

25pts in a 16 hole ssf comp today. 2 blanks & 6 bloody 1pters my putting was awful cost me a good score. Driver good, irons real good, putter not so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

27 points in our 13 hole competition in Ballykisteen today. Up and down day overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Had 72 strokes for 16 holes in Castlebar on Saturday. Very happy, no scratches and finished my last 6 holes in 1 over. Struck the ball well and was very efficient on the geeens. Only 1 3putt in the round so unusual for me. Looking forward to getting my first official handicap in January. Been playing off a provisional handicap of 20 but I'd be expecting to come in below this.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

36 points off 12 on Sunday, was pleased with most of my play, no blanks, but only 5 points for the last 4 holes was a poor finish.
    Weather holding up great, hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

26 off 18 in 2nd round of winter league . 2 pars , 8 bogeys and 4 double bogeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

30 pts at home off 13. 12 front! Worst nine holes of the year.
    Feel like I'm striking the ball and putting better than ever but not translating it into scores. Hitting more fairways and driving longer. Seem to be just finding the bunker or tree something. Big score on the way. Hybrids still a problem. Flying way off to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

71 strokes around Corballis this morning (par 66 5 over) 4 over on front 1 over on the back, double on 7 was costly , but the best I've ever played out there, perfect conditions tbf, some bunkers were like ponds after all the rain fall on Friday night and a little standing water on the two holes out the back, but over all course was in great nick not as many divots in the landing areas as I have seen before which is good. Highlight of the round was hitting the pin on 4 called it in the air that it should be close pitched a foot in front and bang straight on to the flag dropped a foot to the left! also having to hit a 6 iron over 2 lads and a digger on the 14th tee when they are just standing 25yards in front of you was an interesting concept....don't know if they were bricking it more than I was that I don't thin it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

RoomWrecker
    Great score around back there - last 5 can be hard to bring it home.

RoomWrecker
    Great score around back there - last 5 can be hard to bring it home.

cheers fix, it sure can with "that green on 17" today the pin was up on top about 12 paces on and about 3 paces from the severe slop on the right sowas a bit easier that what I have seen out there.

cheers fix, it sure can with "that green on 17" today the pin was up on top about 12 paces on and about 3 paces from the severe slop on the right sowas a bit easier that what I have seen out there.

Still 13 :eek: - 14 not an easy hole - 15 should be - but I always make a balls of it from A1 - 16 can be a very hard mid iron and green - 17 who knows and 18 you have to be clever.

Still 13 :eek: - 14 not an easy hole - 15 should be - but I always make a balls of it from A1 - 16 can be a very hard mid iron and green - 17 who knows and 18 you have to be clever.

yeah 15 was the only blip on the back a bad approach that I pushed to the right onto the pathway no shot directly to the pin couldn't get it up and down, but sure Ill take it, think I will be spend a fair amount of time out that way this winter (probably wont better the score today) as my home club (palmerstown) is parkland and waterlogged now

ps I have read and used your tips of the course on here cheers

yeah 15 was the only blip on the back a bad approach that I pushed to the right onto the pathway no shot directly to the pin couldn't get it up and down, but sure Ill take it, think I will be spend a fair amount of time out that way this winter (probably wont better the score today) as my home club (palmerstown) is parkland and waterlogged now

Been there done that - then very few easy putts on that green.

Sorry - last thing on the place, I did that last year to keep game going - did me good early season last year - a few others have decided to make it their winter practice course. Only thing - don't tell anyone. :D

The lads there - for a small bunch , do unreal work - they have run a full water system with what looks like 3 to 4 lads :eek:

The lads there - for a small bunch , do unreal work - they have run a full water system with what looks like 3 to 4 lads :eek:

yeah and having us hack it over under and around them while they are doing it.....not a hard hat insight!! some lads!! defo a place to set up camp for winter, round cost 9.99 with booking fee on golfnow....that's a bucket of balls at the range! No brainer whats gonna benefit you more in my book might try get out with a few of you's some day

yeah and having us hack it over under and around them while they are doing it.....not a hard hat insight!! some lads!! defo a place to set up camp for winter, round cost 9.99 with booking fee on golfnow....that's a bucket of balls at the range! No brainer whats gonna benefit you more in my book might try get out with a few of you's some day

The lads are characters - great pride in the place. Had a chat with a few of them about course and about the divots and he said - " It is lads coming from top courses not treating the place with respect " was funny. It would be class if they could sort divot bags out - he told me lads were stealing them :eek::confused:

The lads are characters - great pride in the place. Had a chat with with a few of them about course and about the divots and he said - " It is lads coming from top courses not treating the place with respect " was funny. It would be class if they could sort divot bags out - he told me lads were stealing them :eek::confused:

haha love it great stuff.....Sure who wouldn't want a "souvenir" of a divot bag!!?

• Advertisement

haha love it great stuff.....Sure who wouldn't want a "souvenir" of a divot bag!!?

He jumps (green keeer) into his little car from the 15 th - drives to club house, gone about 15 minutes - gives me a brand new divot bag in plastic and all - he said.
    "I'll give you that - because I know your a golfer that would use it" - :D - was class.

They are freely available at the first in my place.

Sorry - miles off topic - but was a funny event.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Nialler15

Winter league. 81 gross of 13. Par 72 Won class 2 and cut 1 shot and another .5 for exceptional scoring. Second good score in a month.

Struck it well and didnt hole a putt all day which is pleasing to still post such a score. Out again this Saturday. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

lost count on sunday,
    Birdied the first, then could not hit a iron to save my life.
    good drives, poor seconds,
    only managed 25 points for 18 holes of 12, very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Put a score together today at last 36pts 83 strokes off 14. Finally got to see my practice paying off. Making a few putts makes such a difference to my scores... Had my irons & driver fitted about 6wks ago also making a huge difference to my game. Roll on next season single figures looks reachable...

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

27pts for 12 holes off 28 (19 for the 12). I had 3 pars, 4 bogeys, 3 doubles, 1 triple and a scratch.

Hoping to get given an end of year reduction as I've started putting a few scores somewhat together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Great morning for golf here in the west! 38 points off 10 in Mulranny GC. Left a good bit behind though with four 1 pointers.

2 birdies
    7 pars
    8 bogeys
    1 double.

Winter rules in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Great week.

41 points 72 strokes last Saturday club comp

35 points in concra wood yesterday

41 points 72 strokes this morning club comp

I think I'll call it a day for the winter now it's only going to be downhill from here

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

27 pts for 13 holes in winter league/turkey comp in moyvalley. Birdied 2 of the last 4 (11th and 13th) to put a gloss on the score, 2 scratches off lost/plugged balls earlier in the round ended any hopes of taking home a turkey this weekend. Enjoying the winter golf, not a breath of wind out in moyvalley these last few weekends makes a change from the usual gale!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

31 points for 15 holes. Hit the ball great, but couldnt get a single putt to drop. Horse-shoed out 3 times. Birdied the 15th to save my round :D

happy days, looking forward to tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

had a good day in loughrea gc, broke 80 for the first time, my driving was the best its been in about 3 moths.. irons, wedges and putting were all good.
    have to say the course was in super condition only my second time playing there.

had 3 birdies..7 pars..7 bogies and 1 shocking treble bogie..
    playing of 10.
    gross 78 nett 68 for 39pts
    fir 10/14
    gir 10/18
    putts 31.

Advertisement