Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

28 points in Seapoint on Saturday, scratched 5 of the first 7 holes after not playing in about 6 weeks, was actually happy enough with how I played in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Played casual round with my dad and nephew today. 38 points with a scratch. Nephew 13 years old blew me away with 33 points off whites in only his 8th round ever playing of 22 and he had 9 three putts. Lumping on for open 2025.😉

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

played in a fourball comp, full handicap with a friend who plays very little golf in a team event that runs every year in Athlone, the "plumbers invitational" - Its a competition where beginner golfers in the club or members who have never been below an 18 handicap, invite experienced/17 or less handicapped members to play with them. Great event, lot of fun, been playing with this guy for about 10 years now and we normally prop up the bottom of the table such is the competition :)

Started off brilliantly, had 3 birdies in the first 6 holes, the highlight of which was the par 3 6th hole where from the tee I started calling for the ball to get in the hole the whole way, it finished 3 inches from the cup. Sometimes you just know its going to be good! ;)

Game slipped a little from there and was very unlucky to record a double bogey on the 14th from the edge of the fairway, but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Finished on 3 over par for the 18 holes for 38 points on my own card. We Finished ninth in the competition. My playing partner bailing me out on one hole, but the hole where I needed him most :D

our best ever finish in the event and we won some cool hats! However, we were 9 points short of winning the competition. 48 points the winning score from a renowned winter golfer and his lower handicapped partner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

39 points yesterday in "The Heath".
    nice day for it, shot 81 gross too of 13, now down to 12.
    1 birdie,
    8 pars,
    7 bogies,
    2 doubles.

had a great front nine, just couldnt keep it going. So wanted to break 80 for the first time ever

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Played Mahon today and had 29pts off 12 with double on first....lost off tee and got Par with second ball,
    Had 18 on turn with a scratch...started back 9 well with Birdie....40yd flop shot to 1ft
    Then Par and after this went down hill.....missed green short with wedge, caught it heavy ended up bogey after big drive up the middle

Then 4 scratches in a row....was fairly annoyed after 1st one then the old guy who got put in with us started giving advice and just lost interest and went into my own bubble so i wouldnt knock him out haha

Anyway surprisingly i was very happy how i played as i played close to my hc and was worried after getting cut 2 shots.....not every day one would be happy with the 4 in a row :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

37 points. You have now idea how satisfying that is. It's about 10 points better than anything I have done this year. 3 scratches in there as well. My driving was poor enough but importantly I kept the ball in play. Irons were good, and I chipped and putted like a dream. Got up and down from around the green about half a dozen times. Hoping to get my first cut in about 3 years. Swing changes that I have been working at are finally clicking. God let it not be a once-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

33 points in druids glen yesterday ( playing off 12 )

front 9 was very good - 20 points 39 strokes gross... 4 over

Back 9 was ok, but a combo and hunger and tiredness got the better of me :)

Enjoyed a great round though....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Played in the 2014 Captains Drive out Scramble on Sunday in Moate after missing a couple of weeks with a bad knee. I played with 3 people I had never played with there before and contributed well to the team. We we had a respectable score of 60.3 (winners had 56.8) so I was happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Beautiful morning in Limerick yesterday and managed to be the first one out on the golf course at half 9 :D

Rocked up for my tee time in Castletroy oblivious that the course had been closed due to frost all morning.

Set out with the intention to break 90 and take advantage of the great morning and unusual solitude.

Decided to measure all my drives and see how far I'm really hitting it ;) Was pleasantly surprised with an average of 219 from 13 drives hitting 10 fairways. I obviously drove it pretty well on the day with 210 being my shortest and 232 on the last being my longest.

I want to and think I should be able to hit it further but that obviously isn't the reason I don't score better as I only hit two greens from a lot of decent drives. Did manage to birdie the 11th for the first time even if it was off a forward tee :D

All in all good day to be out and about :)

Edit: Ha meant to say I achieved my goal and shot 89. D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Poor round today.

30 points, have been playing well , but had 3 ott swings resulting in scratch.

Putting gone poor again.
    Have had a solid month of golf. Just can't get a cut. In or around the buffer most of the time.

But you hardly remember days of buffers.

Great day for golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Jesus ****** hell, ****** why **** you ***** ****

30 points and 0.1 back to bring my hcp to 12.5 on the last round of qualifying, so I'm stuck on 13 for the bloody winter.
    Going to play some qualifying Links golf hopefully and get it down to 12 again

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

23 points in the 13 hole turkey competition in Ballykisteen today. Played poorly but managed to birdie the par 3 13th to put a gloss on the day. Threw away a good few shots due to being too casual with a few short putts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

38 points in our last qualifying competition of the year . Played yesterday morning in the bucketing rain it was tough condition wise still really happy how I played, had a birdie putt for 40 points on the last green but choked and ended up with my first 3 put of the day and 38 points. Overall very happy with my progress in the past 3 months. So this was a really nice way to to sign off the year.

4 pars
    8 bogies
    5 double's
    1 Triple

Hopefully will get cut enough to finish with my handicap lower than I started. Roll on 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Lost club match play q-final during the week. He played well enough to win. Had a beautiful smooth swing off 13. But I helped him out along the way with some shocking bad golf. Zero confidence with the putter.

Played East Clare on Saturday. Three putt on first from 10 feet for a bogey. Walking off thinking it's going to be another one of those days. Then the putter got red hot. Sank a 25 footer for bird on the 3rd and an 10 footer for bird on the 4th. Turned on one over par. Finished 6 over par for 43 pts off 13. Must have sunk 5 10+ footers. Tees well up, placing and bunkers out of play made it pretty easy going TBF.

I'm a good putter.
    I'm a good putter.
    I'm a good putter.

I'm going to sink this.
    I'm going to sink this.
    I'm going to sink this.

I had 32pts in Athlone yesterday playing in the Midlands Intermediate Alliance. Story of my golf lately - very good front 9 (20pts) followed by mediocre back 9 (12pts).

It was only my second time ever to play Athlone and at least I did improve my scoring as I only had 19pts for 15 holes on my first outing there a couple of years ago (holes 1,2 and 18 were closed that time).

Cant understand why some of the bunkers are in atrocious condition though. There are weeds growing in a few and some are even marked GUR. Any one know why that's being allowed to happen? Was pretty much the same the last time I played there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

16 points through 8 holes in 14 hotel comp and one of players playing with said im playing very well except for one thing - the othe person playing with us was on the handicap committee.
    Cue me having a meltdown over the final six to finish with 22 points. Oh well 😧

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cant understand why some of the bunkers are in atrocious condition though. There are weeds growing in a few and some are even marked GUR. Any one know why that's being allowed to happen? Was pretty much the same the last time I played there as well.

There's on going work taking place on the course. The bunkers on 2, 3, 7, 14 and 17 are being reshaped to make them easier to maintain, to make them more aesthetically pleasing and to make them fairer. The work started last winter and should finish this winter.

Like many places around the country, we've been hit by the recession and we dont have as many course staff as we once did, so finishing the bunkers was left to the winter so they could focus on upkeep of the rest of the course during the summer.

You should come play in the summer sometime as opposed to winter golf, It's a totally different prospect altogether ;)

^ Fair enough, I was just wondering. Both times I've played Athlone have been in wet wintery conditions so yes a summer round is overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

27pts in 15 hole winter comp ( off 12 )

Just couldnt get going.... one of those days

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

No scratch for 11 holes and then they come in 2s. 4 on the back 9 today ruined any bit of score. 18 and 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

31pts (5) around The European Club today..great course altogether. Played difficult enough today with heavy showers and occasional gusts of wind. 4 scratches today too!! If you dont hit the fairways your in deep trouble. It was mu first time playing the course and the stroke saver only helped so much when it came to club selection the tee box. Will definately play it again soon..opens every sat from now until end of march €50 fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

78 gross off 14 round Moyvalley today in a casual round. One of my best ever, pity the qualifying season is over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Got out & played 9 holes in Grange Castle today, first game in about 3/4 weeks. Front 9 was badly flooded & closed. Back 9 was in pretty good condition given the rain we've had.

Was a beautiful morning for golf. Shot 41 strokes (19 points). Worst score on the card was a bogey, so pretty happy with my golf.

Working on swing changes this winter with a view to really kicking on next year. Just gotta find the time to put the work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Benny Cake wrote: »
    78 gross off 14 round Moyvalley today in a casual round. One of my best ever, pity the qualifying season is over :(

Eoin must be working his magic Benny!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

19 points for 12 holes today. I was on 18 after 8, then 1 and 3 scratches.

I went triple, 6 bogeys, double, triple, 3 scratches. It's like I forgot how to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

15 points for 9 holes in a foggy Ballykisteen this morning. Started poorly with a triple and a double but finished well with 2 pars. Driving was excellent but chipping was poor. You couldn't see more than 70 yards in front of you for the first 6 holes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

25 points from 12 today - hit 38 points last week from 18 - I seem to be peaking a little too late for this years season but if I keep it up next season should be a better story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

92 Gross.
    42 on the front nine and 50 on the back

Front nine was alright but the back was horrible. Nest time.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

16 points through 8 holes in 14 hotel comp and one of players playing with said im playing very well except for one thing - the othe person playing with us was on the handicap committee.
    Cue me having a meltdown over the final six to finish with 22 points. Oh well 😧

Wouldn't ya just love if those codgers would just shut the f*ck up and let you play your game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

14 hole competition so 14/18's of handicap. Playing off 11 so trying to get used to playing off 9 and shot 29 points. Really pleased with game overall. Last week same off 9 but shot 31 points.
    If I can keep this up for the winter, should be in a good position to get to single figures next season.

Advertisement