Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markgisme

New Freddie Gibbs album coming out soon with DJ Fresh

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

markgisme wrote: »
    New Freddie Gibbs album coming out soon with DJ Fresh

My one concern, as it always has been with Gibbs is the beats that he is going to be rapping over. The highlights for me anyway have been the Statik Selektah album, and the Pinata album with Madlib. Alot of his other work is over sub par beats in my opinion which is why I don't go back to it much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Mac Miller has a new mixtape out. 24 tracks with features from Earl, Rick Ross, Vince Staples and a bunch of others. Mac keeps getting better with each new project he drops!

http://d3140w8dldy532.cloudfront.net/oldjewish/mixtape.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tech N9ne's new album Strangeulation is just class. It's one of his collab albums but has every member of Strange Music on it. Some classic tracks.

They did a Strange cypher that is cut into 4 songs on the album but released a vid with all of them together (missing Rittz and Jay Rock due to scheduling though which is a balls, 2 of my favourite Strange artists)

• Advertisement

New Lee Scott video, off his album Tin Foil Fronts coming out the end of the month. He's making some of the best hip hop I've heard in a long time.

Another video he dropped a few weeks ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

New Apathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My one concern, as it always has been with Gibbs is the beats that he is going to be rapping over. The highlights for me anyway have been the Statik Selektah album, and the Pinata album with Madlib. Alot of his other work is over sub par beats in my opinion which is why I don't go back to it much.

DJ Fresh was definitely the star of this album for me though...overall decent album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Have to agree with boom bap , use to be a big Gibbs fan but dwindled away in recent years and I honestly think it was mainly down to his beat selection.

An ill flow with no beat is incomplete.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Tech N9ne's new album Strangeulation is just class. It's one of his collab albums but has every member of Strange Music on it. Some classic tracks.

They did a Strange cypher that is cut into 4 songs on the album but released a vid with all of them together (missing Rittz and Jay Rock due to scheduling though which is a balls, 2 of my favourite Strange artists)

Great spot, being looking for some new tunes. Love the beats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You can stream the new Roots album -> http://pitchfork.com/advance/436-and-then-you-shoot-your-cousin/

I'm a couple of tracks in, sounds really good so far.

New RZA produced 4 track EP with Rockie Fresh, Tinashe, RAC and Robert DeLong.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2014/05/14/rza-only-one-place-to-get-it-ep/

The other day Aesop Rock said on Twitter that the next Hail Mary Malon album has been completed and mixed. I'd expect to see that this year and will be one I'll be snapping up.

Anyone know what's going on with the new Ice Cube album? I think it was spose to be released a few days ago but can't find out much about it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Anyone know what's going on with the new Ice Cube album? I think it was spose to be released a few days ago but can't find out much about it online.
    I wouldn't worry too much , I've heard a couple of tracks from it , and apart from the title track , the rest sounds terrible ...shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

here's a couple of Album's I've been checking in the past couple of weeks

some good stuff first off ,
    UK artist Impact debut album http://t.co/AbvnwVZ36T
    Dutch/turkish Artist Eugenicz http://t.co/bf5btOtiCs

New EP's by Mr. Crf and the new one from Edward Scissortongue

Blueprint- respect the artist , pick it up on itunes etc
    The new Snak Tha Ripper album is very good
    and finally some Real hardcore underground **** by Mad World - confessions of unholy sorrow

Blu's new double album Good To Be Home is coming out in a few days, it's up for stream now though! Been looking forward to giving this a spin!

http://www.egotripland.com/blu-good-to-be-home-album-stream/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

1st Video from Sadistik's new album
    Sadistik's third full length album, ULTRAVIOLET, drops July 1st, 2014 on Fake Four Inc. & features guest appearances from Tech N9ne, Eyedea, Sticky Fingaz of Onyx, Nacho Picasso, Sister Crayon & more.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

New Cormega track produced by Large Professor:

Good song. His album is set to drop in July, includes features from Nature, AZ, Redman, Styles P and Raekwon and will be entirely produced by Large Professor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

1st Video from Sadistik's new album

]

Love that song. Sticky Fingaz will be an interesting feature and look forward to hearing the Eyedea track.

Anyone disappointed by the new album by The Roots? I thought it was terrible tbh... Black Thought was more like a featured artist on the album than the main MC

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone disappointed by the new album by The Roots? I thought it was terrible tbh... Black Thought was more like a featured artist on the album than the main MC

Only gave it the one spin in that stream that was going around, nothing on it appealed to me, there last few releases havnt been great my opinion.

Only gave it the one spin in that stream that was going around, nothing on it appealed to me, there last few releases havnt been great my opinion.

I liked Undun...very solid album and How I Got Over had moments...in fairness The Roots have been incredibly consistent with releases over the years and have four albums I'd consider perfect so I can't knock them too much, it's just a very disappointing and lazy effort.

I thought the Roots album started off very strong, but it was over before I knew it.....maybe I was too focused on doing work at the time.
    Need to get to it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

loving mr probz feature on 50s new one, kills the hook but he's only on the album version that can be heard on spotify not sure why he was taken off the video version. Been a fan of probz for a long time now, its about time he started to blow up a bit.

Winners circle was released last week too from 50. This new cam song ft julez is like a mini dipset re-union, best i heard cam in a very long time ans even has a cameo from dame dash at the end.

So F to I to X are actually releasing music together. This is great news.
    They are made up of Kristoff Krane, No Bird Sing and Kill The Vultures. Here's the first of thier songs which i likes lots

We could potentially be getting a Kill The Vultures album this year as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Really like how Slug muscled in on this. Sage says on Facebook that emails were sent and it's happening.

10330259_10154201713835377_4390701253851496254_n.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Heard the new Jurassic Five single earlier on TXFM and loving it! :D Anyone going to their July gig?

Advertisement