Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly cast movie and TV roles

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

lillycool wrote: »
    Robert Sheehan in Love/Hate

Anyone in Love/Hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭biketard

cantdecide wrote: »
    How do we feel about Hugh Laurie's American accent in House?
    I was actually speaking to an American colleague about this and they were shocked to the point of disbelief that he was English. I showed him some old Blackadder and Jeeves and Wooster clips and he still couldn't get his head around it. So to Yanks away it must be convincing!

Even Bryan Singer (director/producer) thought he was American.

From http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2004-11-15-hugh-laurie_x.htm:
    Initial casting efforts failed to deliver the "quintessentially American person" producers were looking for, so they cast a wider net, House creator David Shore says. That eventually yielded Laurie, who auditioned via video shot in a hotel bathroom ("It was the only place with enough light," the actor says) in Namibia, where he was shooting the upcoming film Flight of the Phoenix. He was persuasive, if not exactly a household name.
    Shore says that director Bryan Singer, one of the executive producers, said, " 'See, this is what I want: an American guy.' Brian was completely unaware of the fact that Hugh was English."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ellen Paige in "Inception". I know she's a good actress and all but, because of the heavyweight calibre of the rest of the cast I thought she looked like a confused 12-year-old.

Katie Holmes in Batman Begins": See Ellen Paige in "Inception" above.

Damn. I was very impressed with her in Batman Begins. Hadn't seen any of her earlier stuff bar Phone Booth but thought she was great. Maybe added to why I find Begins the best of the Dark Knight trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Matthew Broderick as Captain Robert Gould Shaw in the movie Glory

he was too small & boyish looking for the part imo

(great movie though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

fryup wrote: »
    Matthew Broderick as Captain Robert Gould Shaw in the movie Glory

he was too small & boyish looking for the part imo

(great movie though)

He was probably the perfect choice Gould was killed when he was 25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

He was probably the perfect choice Gould was killed when he was 25

And he looks like him too, one of the better roles in Broderick's career tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Haven't seen Gravity yet, but George Clooney and Sandra Bullock as astronauts.... please. (Book, cover, I know).

I thought the same until I seen it and they are both brilliant in it.

For me the worst casting has to be Cruise as Jack Reacher. I saw the film and then a year later got one of the books and I couldn't believe they cast him. You need somebody built like a brick sh!thouse and about 6'6"...

Kevin Costner in Waterworld was terrible

Tina Turner in Mad Max

Adrien Brody in Predators

Toby Maguire in Spiderman, pleaaassseee

Channing Tatum in anything... the new Keanu Reeves

Christopher Lambert in the Sicilian - great book but he is not right for the part

Joel Edgerton in Warrior, he is just not right for the part, I liked Hardy though

Elijah Wood in Green Street was absolutely shocking

Not a fan of David Schwimmer but I thought he was excellent in The Iceman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    Dan Radcliffe and Vinnie Jones and Taylor Kitch

In what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

John malkovich in being john malkovich.

Advertisement