Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly cast movie and TV roles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

David Schwimmer ruining a good chunk of Band of Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Clooney as Batman... Cruise as Lestat in Interview with the Vampire, oh and Ben Affleck in Daredevil but that was just crap movie no matter who played the part

Cruise was brilliant as Lestat though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

David Schwimmer ruining a good chunk of Band of Brothers.

He played totally against type and nailed that role.

Indeed, he's meant to be completely unlikeable like the real Sobel and he's one of the most memorable characters in it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

He was just Ross in a uniform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Not a fan, but he was perfect in the role. Completely different characters.

Anyways... Orlando Bloom in Kingdom of Heaven. And to think, Scott wanted Paul Bettany. What a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

You pick Linda Fiorentino fro dogma, yet have no problem with little miss "one hand in my pocket" as god? :)

God is only two minutes at the end of the film, LF is planking it up for 90 minutes beforehand. honestly if it wasn't for my Alan rickman man crush i couldn't watch that film at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Brien wrote: »
    God is only two minutes at the end of the film, LF is planking it up for 90 minutes beforehand. honestly if it wasn't for my Alan rickman man crush i couldn't watch that film at all.

I'd genuinely like to know what others think on this as I thought she was almost perfect for the role

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

krudler wrote: »
    Cruise was brilliant as Lestat though

No, he wasn't

can't believe nobody hs mentioned Nicolas Cage, he hasn't made anything good since Face/Off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

MJ23 wrote: »
    Miley Byrne was hilarious.

Still, to this day, the biggest, unintentional laugh a movie got in the cinema was some fella shouting "Well Holy God" when Miley was trying to flog the horses.

+1 for Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher for me, though the additional casting of the charisma void that is Rosamund Pike is up there too, breathing between every word doesnt cut it as sexy. But that stands for any film she's in.

John Cleese as Q is another one for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Barman & Robin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

John Wayne as Genghis Khan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

HE WAS ON A BREAK! from comedy

Jake Gylennhal in Prince of Persia, looks wise he was ok, but what was with the faux-British accent? why do so many historical set films give people non descript British twangs which wouldn't have been around back then?

the entire cast of Enemy At The Gates playing Russians with cockney accents was another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

2 people that can't do American accents, Michael Fassbender and Ewan McGregor. Jesus, make my ears weep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Jake Gylennhal in Prince of Persia.

Another example of an awful film, No actor could have saved that pos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ColeTrain wrote: »
    Sean Connery didn't even bother trying in the untouchables.

Worse in the hunt for red October

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. - UT

Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only ... - HFRO

Hard not to recall Connery quotes without putting a few sh's into the middle of the sentence.... Why hello Mish Moneypenny..

Haven't seen Gravity yet, but George Clooney and Sandra Bullock as astronauts.... please. (Book, cover, I know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Leonardo di Caprio in Titanic. Should have put a more mature actor in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Leonardo do Caprio in Gangs of New York too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Speaking of Love/Hate, Aidan Gillen was awful in his role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Orlando Bloom in Kingdom of Heaven.

Not tough enough at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,220 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

John Malkovic in
    Being John malkovic

Bo-ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

For the record it is Alexander the Deadly...

To be fair to Collin Farrell, he is actually one of the more capable actors when it comes to accents. When he got the roll in Alexander he was all for learning a Macedonian accent but Stone insisted he play the role in his native accent as he liked the sound of it and thought it would fit well because '****ing derp, I'm Oliver Stone, so there...'.

My vote is for Oliver Stone cast as director for Alexander actually. That genuinely could have been a great movie if it wasn't for a couple of retarded choices made by Stone, like the above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

lillycool wrote: »
    Robert Sheehan in Love/Hate

Too right. Not as such a bad actor, just didn't look the part.

Another mention would be AJ in The Sopranos. Doesn't look even remotely Italian for a start. I swear Carmela was having an affair with Comic Book Guy in the mid 80's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Controversial one.

I thought Julia Roberts did a fairly good Irish accent in MC (as flawless as foreign tryers go anyway!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum in Phantom of the Opera.

You spend millions on a lavish musical production then cast two leads who can't sing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

the entire cast of Enemy At The Gates playing Russians with cockney accents was another one.

Disagree, I thought Fiennes did a great job, sure the accent was there but he was very believable. Same with Perlman and Hoskins. Jude Law and yer wan were crap though, belonged in a different movie.

Disagree, I thought Fiennes did a great job, sure the accent was there but he was very believable. Same with Perlman and Hoskins. Jude Law and yer wan were crap though, belonged in a different movie.

Oh their actual acting was fine, it was the bizarre choice to have them all speaking with full blown British accents, although in some cases better that than a bad attempt at a different one.

strobe wrote: »
    To be fair to Collin Farrell, he is actually one of the more capable actors when it comes to accents. When he got the roll in Alexander he was all for learning a Macedonian accent but Stone insisted he play the role in his native accent as he liked the sound of it and thought it would fit well because '****ing derp, I'm Oliver Stone, so there...'.

My vote is for Oliver Stone cast as director for Alexander actually. That genuinely could have been a great movie if it wasn't for a couple of retarded choices made by Stone, like the above.

Colin Farrell can do a good American accent, his one in Minority Report was spot on and he's supposed to be Irish American as he mentions his father was shot in Dublin so it has just the right mix of both accents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Owen Wilson in behind enemy lines, I can't take anything he says seriously

Advertisement