Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Approaching

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Our wheelie bins are AWOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Your gags are sh*t. Not just the quoted one, all of them.
    You're not Mario Rosenstock/ Brendan O Carroll are you?

are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Rescue helicopter just off the Clare coast.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

all aboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I have sad news to report, I only discovered this morning that my weather sock did not survive the recent storm.

I don't know how I could have missed its absence by my wife, putting out some washing call me to show me the weather sock crumbled and torn and dashed against the back wall of our house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I have sad news to report, I only discovered this morning that my weather sock did not survive the recent storm.

I don't know how I could have missed its absence by my wife, putting out some washing call me to show me the weather sock crumbled and torn and dashed against the back wall of our house.

Good night, sweet prince :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I thought it was a giant prophylactic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jesus Red, thats terrible :(
    My thoughts are with you. I know how you're feeling as I lost 2 flowerpots myself :(

On a serious note, there's an old 40' trailer in a field at the roadside of the dual carriageway near my town that acts as an ad hoc billboard. It blew completely over on its side! Delira!! Ugly thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

ArtSmart wrote: »
    You're not Mario Rosenstock/ Brendan O Carroll are you?

are you?

case in point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I noticed the Weather forum have started a thread slagging off this thread. I actually felt myself cringe at the OP's sad lack of humour in that thread. I think if you're going to try to insult/poke fun at another forum, you should at least have the decency to be amusing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I noticed the Weather forum have started a thread slagging off this thread. I actually felt myself cringe at the OP's sad lack of humour in that thread. I think if you're going to try to insult/poke fun at another forum, you should at least have the decency to be amusing:D

I dont get it? :( what are they saying over there at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

cantdecide wrote: »
    On a serious note, there's an old 40' trailer in a field at the roadside of the dual carriageway near my town that acts as an ad hoc billboard. It blew completely over on its side! Delira!! Ugly thing.

There's one of them down towards my home, it below over as well. I don't know how any company could think it a good idea to advertise their business using such an ugly piece of metal!

blacklilly wrote: »
    There's one of them down towards my home, it below over as well. I don't know how any company could think it a good idea to advertise their business using such an ugly piece of metal!

Very Eastern Block. I know it's too much to hope that it doesn't get reinstated :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I dont get it? :( what are they saying over there at all :pac:

They are the kind of people who watch the weather update after the news just to correct the poor sap who is presenting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I think what they are trying to do is come up with stuff that would be said here. They dont seem to like cork either. Took me a few pages to work it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

I think what they are trying to do is come up with stuff that would be said here. They dont seem to like cork either. Took me a few pages to work it out.

Ah Jasus! Can't believe that boards is overrun by Kerrymen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Ah Jasus! Can't believe that boards is overrun by Kerrymen!

Don't know about that, but once on the weather forum were was a storm approaching but this time it was so directional that it was only going to effect the South and Cork in particular.

All us Corconians were posting away like a good thing when the thread was locked as a Cork Only Event!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Raining, blustery and cold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

wazky wrote: »
    They are the kind of people who watch the weather update after the news just to correct the poor sap who is presenting it.

Yeh they can get a bit serious, but they are in a science forum so not altogether unexpected. Grand bunch of lads though, I follow it regularly. But I like AH too, some funny fcukers on here. You kinda had to be a regular on weather to "get" the recent thread, but 'twas only a bit of banter, no proper slagging like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

9 months time the maternaty ward will be packed.

Advertisement