Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rick and Morty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ep4 of this series was a riot imo...sl#t dragons...f#cking wooly mammoths lol
    Not sure why it's getting so much hate

For me, this season gets worse with each episode. I liked 1 and 2, but found the last 2 episodes a chore to watch. Episode 4 is the worst in the entire series so far IMO.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I enjoyed the first three but the fourth was very poor. Reminded me a bit of a bad South Park episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Snotty wrote: »
    Anyone else think s4 is just not as good as 1-3? First episode was probably the best, 2 and 3 felt a bit laboured, having a hard time even describing what was different in these episodes.

Agreed. Very disappointed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

last nights episode(ep5) might be the worst episode of r&m ive ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

Actually thought Ep5 was an improvement. Not great, could've been a lot funnier and lacked the wit and sharpness of earlier seasons, but it was fundementally Rick and Morty....unlike Ep4 which just seemed completely random and not at all like any other episode.

Episode 5 was wonderfully random!
    Ssssssss
    Ssssssssss

I'm enjoying every episode so far. Even the ridiculous stuff is hilarious. It's like Dan Harmon is having a laugh with what he can put on TV and people will actually watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

There is so many just perfect moments in each episode that makes up for the overall episodes not being 10 out 10.

I'm enjoying every episode so far. Even the ridiculous stuff is hilarious. It's like Dan Harmon is having a laugh with what he can put on TV and people will actually watch.
    That's it exactly for me.

The snakes....I was in stitches, what other show would do something as odd as that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,848 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys quick question, what episode is this quote from:

I'm Not Arguing I'm Just Explaining Why I'm Right!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32848983834.html

Or is it even from an episode?

gmisk wrote: »
    That's it exactly for me.

The snakes....I was in stitches, what other show would do something as odd as that?!

Yeah it was brilliant. No dialogue as we watch snakes re-enact history for far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Considering they've renewed it up to and including Season 10, it definitely won't be cancelled anytime soon.

Long renewal has been the downfall of many shows, they money keeps coming, no need to spend as much time trying to perfect the show.

E5 was a big improvement, more like the character interactions and humour from the other seasons, hope the start of season 4 was just a blip

'Pickle Rick' was the pinnacle of that for me. What a piece of television, possibly my favourite half hour of animation ever out of South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons etc. I only started watching R+M this past August, but I've watched Pickle Rick at least 10 times by now.

With that episode, it really felt like you describe above, that Harmon is completely taking the piss with what the show could do. When Morty asked Rick why he would turn himself into a pickle, I feel that Rick's answer was meta and described Harmon's thoughts on producing such an episode...
    "The reason anyone would do this, if they could, which they can't...would be because they could, which they can't."
    The thing is, Pickle Rick wasn't just insane, ridiculous, filler material - The episode finishes with that deep scene with the therapist 'reading' Rick, and there is progress made in the relationship between Rick and Beth as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Haven't loved this season but did enjoy the snake one. hopefully it picks up

Shane St. wrote: »
    Haven't loved this season but did enjoy the snake one. hopefully it picks up

The snake one was definitely one of the best so far. They should have released it in cinemas instead of 'Terminator: Dark Fate'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I love how fvcking dark it gets. That time when he sat on the booby-trapped toilet, mourning the death of not-his-friend!

Or the time when Morty has to bury his “own” body, how that fvcked him up.

And the pickle episode... the smartest man in the universe, and he nearly dies because he is petty, stubborn, and reacts completely out of proportion.

Overall the show is top-notch, bar a few weak moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

when are next episodes on E4 ?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Found S4 to be generally good, but not great. Thought E4 was downright bad. Hoping for an improvement for the second half of the season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Soooooo... now would be a great time to drop the rest of S4 on us.. Please..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I mean, Roiland has even had time to get a new show together;

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That looks brutal, if it was a bit on an Interdimensional Cable it would fall flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Snake jazz and Rick vs. Heistotron have been two of my favourite moments in the entire show.

The heist episode was repetitive but it was trying to force home the point. The snake episode was just some of the most bizarre television I've seen in ages. I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well that new episode was meta to the extreme. I enjoyed it though. One of the weirdest things they've ever done, but rightfully telling the people who want story resolutions for Birdperson, Evil Morty etc that they're just going to do whatever they want, and those were never story arcs to be developed and resolved, just fun asides.

The Beth and Summer bit was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Penn wrote: »
    Well that new episode was meta to the extreme. I enjoyed it though. One of the weirdest things they've ever done, but rightfully telling the people who want story resolutions for Birdperson, Evil Morty etc that they're just going to do whatever they want, and those were never story arcs to be developed and resolved, just fun asides.

The Beth and Summer bit was hilarious.

Just watched it, great episode. I'll have to watch it a second time though to let it sink in properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

It was pretty good, but I can't shake the feeling that something's been really off this whole season since the first episode - that felt like real Rick and Morty, everything since almost feels like someone trying to copy Rick and Morty with varying degrees of success.

It's still been really enjoyable though, apart from that atrocious dragon episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Love Yoda in with the women that dated Rick the Summer and Beth part :D

That army of the damned scene was terrifying

• Advertisement

I'd love to show someone that episode as their first ever r&m episode. What would they be thinking

Advertisement