Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rick and Morty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Show up on normal home screen on youtube for me this morning and I'm not using any VPN or living outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Meh, 1080p appeared in my RSS feed a minute ago anyway.

Anyone got any early reviews? I got a bad feeling from the trailer that they were going through the motions but obviously you cant judge from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Thought it was a solid episode. A good plot, decent sub plot and lots of sly jokes and callbacks

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thought it was a solid episode. A good plot, decent sub plot and lots of sly jokes and callbacks
    Good episode I thought.
    Hoovy storyline with the portal... and Mr Nimbus...very fun.

Nintendo 69... random

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Is this on Netflix/Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Is this on Netflix/Sky
    I think old series are on Netflix?
    Series 5 is on e4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Got a good laugh out of the first episode, seemed to be pretty chaotic, ridiculous and randomly hilarious at times.

It reminded me of the Snake episode in the last season, which is one of my all-time favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I liked it, the time portal was cool, classic R&M IMO, Nimbus was bizarre, but again worked for me.

+1 on the Snake episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Classic R&M episode. Good solid start to the season.

Nimbus gyrating with hips had my wife in stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

For ages I would see the odd 'Rick and Morty' episode on tele, usually after coming in from the boozer, and not have a bloody clue what to make of it. But I recently watched all the episodes from the beginning and I now think it's one of the best animated shows I've ever seen.

There are more ideas going on in a single episode than most of modern TV shows combined and the latest was no exception.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homelander

Tried not to expect too much but that was genuinely an excellent first episode. So many laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

Only just realised the second half of season 4 is on Netflix!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now that was a fun episode.

Decoys everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Jerry with a job interview :D

Yeah that sounds real :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

It had its moments, but a surprisingly weak episode overall. Still can't fault how much detail they're putting in so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nice use of Queen.

Was expecting the ones dressed as puppets to be operated by someone before they revealed themselves as real.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A decent episode overall. Summer just keeps showing herself to be the best character in the show, she's just consistently great, throws out some of the best lines out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

GreeBo wrote: »
    Final Space in Netflix is also pretty good

Incredibly underrated show. There is one episode in season 2 in particular that is up there with some of the really deep R&M episodes

Season 5 of R&M has been good so far especially Hoovy. Was a bit worried after some duds last season

• Back to its best

• Advertisement

Yosemite t-shirt I can't finish without it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Yosemite t-shirt I can't finish without it :D

The police scene cracked me up. What kind of idiot doesn't know Mr. Nimbus controls the police

Fun episode
    no Ma-Ti?

Was thinking maybe they got the cast of Captain Planet to voice these characters. They didn't but when looking was surprised first at Levar Burton doing a voice and then Meg Ryan voiced Dr. Blight.

Anyway, I think Summer is my favourite grandkid

Steve Buscemi voiced Eddie weird episode very few laughs Summer usually better than that. Morty was crap Rick was old and desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I thought episode 5 was very funny, some hilarious lines in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

A lot of people in the us really disliked episode 5, I liked it also, weird and a bit sick by times... But funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Thought it was alright, a bit silly I guess but had some decent laughs.

Oddly, I started watching Hellraiser Bloodline last night so strange coincidence this episode features the cenobite type creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The latest episode was probably the one that got the most laughs out of me this season. The cenobyte psychology was hilarious and the names were brillaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I enjoy this show much more when it's being episodic.

Advertisement