Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rick and Morty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd go with the dream inception episode for an introduction

This one more for people in the know of the show love the Wolverine guy was Clancy Brown he does some funny characters on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I imagine producers and directors just let Roiland basically do whatever the fvck he wants. Trying to keep track of his goals must be impossible. If he even has any.

Great episode to start back on; it progress none of the main arcs, it slags the sh1t out of the people trying to construct a coherent universe out of the series and who argue online about canon and about theories/easter eggs.

And he obviously edited the end to slot in mention of covid.

That first 10 minutes was just pure chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,197 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd go with the dream inception episode for an introduction

Based on my friend's reaction after less than 10 minutes where he asked if we could play Fifa instead, I think he'd disagree :D

In fairness it's a weird show to get into. Took me a few episodes to properly get into it at the time, and two attempts to even get past the first episode. I'm not sure any particular episode is one which would get most people into the show, you really have to get a few episodes to see the humour in it, and the absurdity for the sake of absurdity.

seamus wrote: »
    I imagine producers and directors just let Roiland basically do whatever the fvck he wants. Trying to keep track of his goals must be impossible. If he even has any.

Yeah I saw someone on Reddit say that it was renewed for so many seasons because it's such a huge merchandise-seller for Adult Swim. Hence the ending where they go off on a rip about how ultimately the show and story is just a vehicle for capitalism/selling merch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

The dream inception/Snuffles episode was actually the first one I saw and I was hooked after the first minute. I think the pilot, that, or Anatomy Park are ideal first episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Instead of getting a move on with season 4, they just make ads for adult swim and ads for products.

That was absolutely the worst episode of the series apart from the post credit scene I mean **** off with the 9/11 stuff it's just stupid now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I end up waiting for the uncensored version to be available as the beeping is just more a distraction than anything

I actually enjoyed that episode. Not one of the best but still some decent laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah it wasn't too bad at all. Had its moments. Honestly I think the only downright 'bad' episode this season has been the dragon one. I liked the Story Lord one, and the newest one was on the good side of OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Homelander wrote: »
    Yeah it wasn't too bad at all. Had its moments. Honestly I think the only downright 'bad' episode this season has been the dragon one. I liked the Story Lord one, and the newest one was on the good side of OK.

Yeah, they would have to sink pretty low to "beat" the dragon one for me. hated it.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Yeah, they would have to sink pretty low to "beat" the dragon one for me. hated it.

It was definitely the weakest episode, but the bit where the wizard turns to the dragon and starts whipping him while shouting "SLUT DRAGON!" probably got the biggest laugh of this season from me. Just completely took me by surprise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This season has been pretty terrible compared to previous.

Not a great episode but I can't say there's been one R&M episode that I haven't enjoyed. Bite-sized easy watching at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****e didn't realise its back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****e didn't realise its back

You're not missing anything, this season is just pure crap, I'll keep watching a few more to see if they can recover, but it has fallen victim to its own success and forgot what actually made it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I just discovered the creators of this have a new show and that explains so much now why this show dropped of a cliff after season 2

Seasons 3&4 are ****e compared to 1&2

It’s clear there priority’s have shifted because the other new show is really funny

I still think its really good

• Registered Users Posts: 31,808 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This week's was ok I thought I preferred last week's episode on the train, it was wonderfully bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

biggebruv wrote: »
    I just discovered the creators of this have a new show and that explains so much now why this show dropped of a cliff after season 2

Seasons 3&4 are ****e compared to 1&2

It’s clear there priority’s have shifted because the other new show is really funny

By new show, are you talking Solar Opposites?

• Advertisement

This season seems to be missing some continuity or story thread or something...its a bit too random for the sake of it.

Like pickle Rick was random, but coherent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The writers delight in trolling their nuttier fans so think it's a case of a show gradually disappearing up it's own knowing hole.

GreeBo wrote: »
    This season seems to be missing some continuity or story thread or something...its a bit too random for the sake of it.

Like pickle Rick was random, but coherent.

I think the story train episode went out of its way to **** on the idea of continuity in rick and morty

I think that was one of my favourite episodes of R+M yet, one which goes back to the roots of the show and wouldn't be out of place in season 1. Some great pisstakes of the more ridiculous elements of Prometheus, like supposedly clever characters/scientists staring into alien eggs on a new and strange planet.

I didn't mind the 9/11 jokes at all, quite the opposite actually, they got serious laughs with me. From R+M just quietly dodging around the 'Twin Towers', to their actions/comments in the aftermath. The thought that committing a Pearl Harbour instead of a 9/11 being a "we're pretty classy" move and the guys being proud with themselves for it, that's classic R+M for me. Reminds me of Rick being delighted with his 'Pirates of the Pancreas' and the pride he took in that, but this is an attraction set inside a living human!!

As we saw though when they went back to the devastated planet, there are consequences to their actions and they did end up questioning if they went a bit too hard on the Glorzans. But even then the show doesn't take itself overly serious with the morals. When we get to a conclusion where that final lone Glorzan is hatched in the bloodbath city, I was expecting it to finish with a shot of the alien with a tear in its eye, something like that Native American at the end of the Simpsons episode where they moved Springfield because they ruined the town with rubbish. Nope, not here in R+M - The alien sees his whole race wiped out and his response is "Fúck this, I'm not cleaning this shít up" and he kills himself. :pac:

Just a crazy R+M adventure with some clever storytelling techniques, some new twists on common jokes, and some good moments and development between Rick and Morty. Never mind that off-putting scene where they make-out as aliens (:eek:), when they were conducting the 'Pearl Harbouring' they were giving each other compliments like never before in the show.

Jerry is now a beekeeper, no one gives a fúck except Summer's friend who desperately wants to give him one. Is that a one off scene, or is Jerry going to end up going...there? Could see it happening, but rather than he getting caught by Beth and exiled again, Beth hears about it but just laughs and doesn't believe it because the girl is hot and Jerry is pathetic. Or...is Summer's friend another kind of Tammy infiltrator from the Intergalactic Federation? Don't care, whatever the writer's do or don't.

I think R+M is back on track with the latest 2 episodes, but a few of the episodes from early on this season just completely missed the mark with me. Even though our own Liam Cunningham stars in the episode, 'Slut Dragons' is one of the worst episodes in the show for my own viewing. I've really liked episodes 1,2, 6 and 7 so far, while the others really did nothing for me. A very mixed season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

By new show, are you talking Solar Opposites?

Thank you to both of you for informing me this show even exists.

Going to give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Unearthly wrote: »
    Thank you to both of you for informing me this show even exists.

Going to give it a try

Yes give it a try it’s clear more effort went into writing that show than R&M seasons 3&4

The writers delight in trolling their nuttier fans so think it's a case of a show gradually disappearing up it's own knowing hole.

Ah, the Donald Trump defense.

No, for me thats an easy out for a show that has started to deteriorate.

There is a difference between taking the piss out of Poochie and writing Poochie into the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good episode this week

Unearthly wrote: »
    Good episode this week

Yeah, I concur. "The Vat of Acid Episode" made up for the last two not-so-great episodes.

I like watching the New Rockstars breakdowns on youtube after each episode, they always point out somethings I have missed.

• Advertisement

The alive part really triggered a lot of people thing about plane crashes either you'll get Alive or the indy raft escape Rick's feedback to Morty at the end really ****ed up.

Advertisement