Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Stephens day 2013

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Some crazy results today well done to anyone who made money,I done well to get out levels thank god,wasnt surprised CF got beaten tbh I was shocked with Felix getting beaten in Limerick,townend gave it an awful ride most disappointed with Clondaw court tbh,have him backed for cheltenham but he was shocking today can only hope he needed the run or something I wont give up on him though just yet,didnt have a bet in kempton wasnt impressed by MTOY or TNO to be honest think the champion hurdle will be won by the irish again.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭triggerharvey

morning assembly surely no bigger than evens now for sundays grade 1 novice chase pat fahy 3 runners today 2 very impressive winners and a second

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Clonsuttonlad

<SNIP>

mod edit: please don't comment re. race fixing, etc., especially when naming individuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Fahamore got a 42 day ban for lack of trying today, shame more of JP's aren't pulled on this.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Fahamore got a 42 day ban for lack of trying today, shame more of JP's aren't pulled on this.

About time! I was told of a horse today entered in one trainers name,never been in the mans stable in his life Irish Racing is a joke,I'd say Byrnes is fuming with his jockey in the first race in Limerick would have made a nice plot horse for him poor bobby jones couldnt hold onto it.

• Advertisement

Hope the handicapper gives him a rating of 150 let him work his way down 1 lb per race.

UrbanSea wrote: »

Ah sure don't bite the hand that feeds ya might be HRI view

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

morning assembly surely no bigger than evens now for sundays grade 1 novice chase pat fahy 3 runners today 2 very impressive winners and a second

I'll be backing Bright New Dawn in that. Think he's got massive potential over 3m.

SRFC wrote: »
    Didnt give it a hard race long season ahead,long season ahead for him sure sir de champs was lucky to win that race before,no consolation to FY backers but thats racing.

Do you not think he should be Arkle bound now with CF going Jewson?

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Do you not think he should be Arkle bound now with CF going Jewson?

Dunno to be honest wouldnt say either are likely winners of them grade ones in march,CF is known to throw in a howler I only said it last week his price of 11/4 was scandalous for the arkle having not ran over 2m over fences,hes obviously better than that today but hes no banker for the arkle,Ive no real interest in backing novice chasers ante post I dont like backing them in general tbh,

Moyle parks form was shot to pieces today as I thought it would be,wrath of titans and kick on boss are absolute donkeys but he beat them easily in fairness,only reason hes 7/4 tomorrow is because mullins had a few beaten today and wrath didnt do anything for his form,No doubt artic fire will be beating the tullow tank not sure if hes better than MP though.

• Advertisement

SRFC wrote: »
    Dunno to be honest wouldnt say either are likely winners of them grade ones in march,CF is known to throw in a howler I only said it last week his price of 11/4 was scandalous for the arkle having not ran over 2m over fences,hes obviously better than that today but hes no banker for the arkle,Ive no real interest in backing novice chasers ante post I dont like backing them in general tbh,

Moyle parks form was shot to pieces today as I thought it would be,wrath of titans and kick on boss are absolute donkeys but he beat them easily in fairness,only reason hes 7/4 tomorrow is because mullins had a few beaten today and wrath didnt do anything for his form,No doubt artic fire will be beating the tullow tank not sure if hes better than MP though.

If he turned up in Jewson I'd be happy enough to back CF at anything bigger than 4s. Same as Bobs Worth, he's a Cheltenham monster. The hill is the making of him. He's average anywhere else!

Don't think MP is ever going to be he type to hammer rivals. Agree that the forms not working out the best but still think he's a bit special. We should find out more one way or another tomorrow anyway.

If I was Nicholls I'd appoint Noel Fehily as stable Jock. Best rider in chases around.

Interesting thread on Mullins poor record in G1 with chasers on racecaller.

His two biggest chasers this year making errors is interesting. Sir DES Champs and Champagne Fever.

Share the wealth in future SRFC. He was hardly that fancied @ 25-1. A few thousand and they'd shorten it in a lot.
    Also horse was obviously not running on his merits last time out. Saving the horse for the big one in Leop.
    You've just proven the bent nature of the sport SRFC, horse wasn't trying last time and people got word it was fancied today! I. E kept back and MASSIVE improvement today. Elliott had some day in fairness but he's a real crook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

jimjamcos wrote: »
    I'll be backing Bright New Dawn in that. Think he's got massive potential over 3m.

Morning assembly is a beast..he beat the drinmore winner, the Albert Bartlett pre trace fav, the Albert Bartlett 3rd easily...he is the real deal..

Did your friend really put 100 e/w on a 66-1 shot this morning SRFC!

If so well done, some balls. Surprised the yard hadn't got on at that stage, seeing as he got a text!

100 euro on a 66-1 shot in a bumper would shorten it!
    He was still 66-1 at midday today!!!

Definately a Noble Endeavor!

Did your friend really put 100 e/w on a 66-1 shot this morning SRFC!

If so well done, some balls. Surprised the yard hadn't got on at that stage, seeing as he got a text!

100 euro on a 66-1 shot in a bumper would shorten it!
    He was still 66-1 at midday today!!!

Definately a Noble Endeavor!

Hes not my friend just know him from the local bookies here,I met him as he was collecting I wouldnt of backed him even if he gave me the tip beforehand I never listen to people with tips in bookie shops,I was on the mullins horse very disappointing tailed off something amiss there,O Connor gave the 2nd a joke of a ride.

On the irish racing site the jockeys is quoted as saying ''We thought he would run well, he is a nice young horse, and I would like to thank Gordon Elliott for giving me the ride''

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Interesting thread on Mullins poor record in G1 with chasers on racecaller.

His two biggest chasers this year making errors is interesting. Sir DES Champs and Champagne Fever.
    Willie Mullins has always been about 2m-2m4f hurdle races.

Was he collecting 8,500 in CASH!!
    risky carrying that around, did he get the 66s?

That's some cleaning up! They are gangsters though look at his last race, finished tailed off in a hurdles race. Elliott is one of the bigger gangsters in the game. The performance of his last horse in Chelt that was just beaten sums it up. Suppose it is part of the sport!

Was he collecting 8,500 in CASH!!
    risky carrying that around, did he get the 66s?

That's some cleaning up! They are gangsters though look at his last race, finished tailed off in a hurdles race. Elliott is one of the bigger gangsters in the game. The performance of his last horse in Chelt that was just beaten sums it up. Suppose it is part of the sport!

Dont know what price he got doubt powers were 66/1 this morning,the stable is rancid pullins fortsmith out was a master stroke,apparantly he was ''declared in error'' yeah right :rolleyes:

Books are cowards if they offered reasonable price on the mullins hot pots they would take more money in their sachels,they are running scared im not asking for odds against on everything he runs but ffs the prices are gone beyond a joke now they dont all win as seen in the past week layers cleaned up (those with balls)

• Advertisement

Talking of Elliott I heard his Cause of Causes has been laid out for that race tomorrow, his Mark has come down and he s only five so might be improving.

The way Elliott and McManus performed today then I will be backing this one but will wait to see some action on his price 13-1 seems good!

mod edit: <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nevis7

I am dying with a flu after a day on the stool at Leopardstown, not going tomorrow, sending a rep instead. here is the report, and you will like the twist at the end.

decided not to work the first race.

second race fancied I would get a result, wanted to take on chancel most. took about 500 place only money out of it on the machine.
    held 2700 odd win book. laid 2 dirty bets the winner, a 1600-100 sterling win, and 600-50 e/w.

race 3. wanted to take on the mullins mare and decided to keep guitar pete on my side. went 4/11 when 1/3 generally. took about 1800 in cash, took another 400-1000 out of the machine. was betting well under the price of guitar pete, still laid about 200 in tenners and scores. good result. if a layer is not prepared to take on a long odds on juvenile hurdler in a grade 1 then it is time to surrender the licence.

race 4. I feared a byrnes punt. forced to lay it when the price touched 9/4. lost 600 on race.

race 5. king vuv was the worst result, lost 800 including place money on 2nd and 3rd.

race 6. wanted to get champagne, priced it up straight away at 4/6, never moved the price. kept defy tight. held over 3k, kept most of it save for the place part of a 1500-150 e/w on the second. champagne finishing second would have been the cream.

bumper. fancied this race for a result. was told that mullins gave his horse little chance. impossible to lay. the sp of 100/30 a load of boll-oks...had to go to 9/2 at the off to take 300.mug money.
    took a monkey out of o briens, about 400 out of welds....each way smalls for lean araig, meades, hughes. held around 2000 on the race, one pay out of the place part on a 50 e/w on the 3rd. and one other, you will love this story.

a lady, mid 30s, came up about tens minutes to the off and wanted 50 on number 11. the clerk tells me that id a 33/1 shot, I tell him to split it to 25/1. just as the race start the lady and her male partner come up and tell me that they have backed the wrong horse, she wanted number 12 not 11, and she had made a mistake. they have gone about half a mile, and I explain that for book purposes we normally don't change as the bet is printed, I said I would change it if she wants in this one case. she decides to stick, and I end up losing 1650. every other bookie in the area had a clean sweep on the race except me, who got caught by an errant punter. someone has written above that the winner was backed, it was not, when I moved it 33/1 to 25/1 a few others follow, 3 of the biggest layers never fielded a bean for it.

a good day for layers, bad for the greedy short priced punters.

tomorrow, a complicated card for layers. in the 2nd race I suggest champagne james will be heavily backed and it will be troublesome to get a bean out of the others. I will be asking my rep to concentrate on the bumper and to lay heavily mullins and nolans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Talking of Elliott I heard his Cause of Causes has been laid out for that race tomorrow, his Mark has come down and he s only five so might be improving.

The way Elliott and McManus performed today then I will be backing this one but will wait to see some action on his price 13-1 seems good!

**** if you can't beat them join them!

Was hoping he would turn up in that chase at the Cheltenham festival that Alderwood won this year. Hopefully they nurse his mark for that! :pac:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were still waiting with cause of causes for Chelt! Though he likes v.soft ground which is a factor. In fairness it's a thirty runner field so the price is fairly skinny.

Hughes has s horse in it Canaly who looks alright value at 20-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

nevis7 wrote: »
    I am dying with a flu after a day on the stool at Leopardstown, not going tomorrow, sending a rep instead. here is the report, and you will like the twist at the end.

decided not to work the first race.

second race fancied I would get a result, wanted to take on chancel most. took about 500 place only money out of it on the machine.
    held 2700 odd win book. laid 2 dirty bets the winner, a 1600-100 sterling win, and 600-50 e/w.

race 3. wanted to take on the mullins mare and decided to keep guitar pete on my side. went 4/11 when 1/3 generally. took about 1800 in cash, took another 400-1000 out of the machine. was betting well under the price of guitar pete, still laid about 200 in tenners and scores. good result. if a layer is not prepared to take on a long odds on juvenile hurdler in a grade 1 then it is time to surrender the licence.

race 4. I feared a byrnes punt. forced to lay it when the price touched 9/4. lost 600 on race.

race 5. king vuv was the worst result, lost 800 including place money on 2nd and 3rd.

race 6. wanted to get champagne, priced it up straight away at 4/6, never moved the price. kept defy tight. held over 3k, kept most of it save for the place part of a 1500-150 e/w on the second. champagne finishing second would have been the cream.

bumper. fancied this race for a result. was told that mullins gave his horse little chance. impossible to lay. the sp of 100/30 a load of boll-oks...had to go to 9/2 at the off to take 300.mug money.
    took a monkey out of o briens, about 400 out of welds....each way smalls for lean araig, meades, hughes. held around 2000 on the race, one pay out of the place part on a 50 e/w on the 3rd. and one other, you will love this story.

a lady, mid 30s, came up about tens minutes to the off and wanted 50 on number 11. the clerk tells me that id a 33/1 shot, I tell him to split it to 25/1. just as the race start the lady and her male partner come up and tell me that they have backed the wrong horse, she wanted number 12 not 11, and she had made a mistake. they have gone about half a mile, and I explain that for book purposes we normally don't change as the bet is printed, I said I would change it if she wants in this one case. she decides to stick, and I end up losing 1650. every other bookie in the area had a clean sweep on the race except me, who got caught by an errant punter. someone has written above that the winner was backed, it was not, when I moved it 33/1 to 25/1 a few others follow, 3 of the biggest layers never fielded a bean for it.

a good day for layers, bad for the greedy short priced punters.

tomorrow, a complicated card for layers. in the 2nd race I suggest champagne james will be heavily backed and it will be troublesome to get a bean out of the others. I will be asking my rep to concentrate on the bumper and to lay heavily mullins and nolans.

I doubt it was faniced really went off 66s on betfair.

I wouldn't be surprised if SRFC was telling the truth I was told well after the race that my uncle had been told it was fancied, shame I wasn't told well before

Advertisement