Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Stephens day 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Surely there must be something seriously wrong with Long Run. Literally emptied in a matter of strides having been going fine

This. He's an 8yo dual winner. He shouldn't be deteriorating as a horse so rapidly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Great race. 6k done at 1.1. about 40k total done from 1.15 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Typical, couldn't pick between Silviniacio Conti ( Nicholls factor ) and Cue Card and went for Cue Card because Silviniacio Conti hand't shown enough class to win a King George.

Right horse, wrong trip.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Tried to nip in quick and back Cue Card for The Ryanair but he's back in to 9/2 on BF now - rats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Im no fan of Silviniaco Conti but he's very appealing for the king george at 6/1. Wasnt beat that far by Cue Card and Dynaste lto out and that was his first run of the season so I would expect him to come on a lot for that outing. Looks the value in the race.
    Booooom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Morgans

andyman wrote: »
    This. He's an 8yo dual winner. He shouldn't be deteriorating as a horse so rapidly...

French bred. It happens. Won the Feltham at 4. Gold Cup at 6. Lot of hard races throughout his career. Grand National and then hunter chasing I would think.

Fair play to Nicholls. Had a plan for the season and worked. Its certainly not just when he has the best animals that he can win the best races. Cue Card is so honest. The look behind him by Tizzard after the second last was telling. Just nothing left. Great race again. Cheltenham is bubbling up to be one of the most competitive ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭naughto

few euro on macbride here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Sad day when a dog wins the King George :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87724230&postcount=34

What the fluich happened Dynaste there, he was gone at half way.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Sad day when a dog wins the King George :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87724230&postcount=34

What the fluich happened Dynaste there, he was gone at half way.

Must be a compliment.
    Sire De Grugy was also a dog in Richies eyes before hacking up in the Tingle Creek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

kiers47 wrote: »
    Must be a compliment.
    Sire De Grugy was also a dog in Richies eyes before hacking up in the Tingle Creek.

I remember that too :rolleyes:

Only posted this as he is quick to remind others of what they said and doesn't give much of his own opinion before races, maybe this is why. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Now lads let us not bad mouth Richie for he is a nice feller.

After-timing....I know .....I know!!

I had a few € on that Junction Fourteen.

Only backed it as Aspell had left Fontwell (after riding 2 winners) to come to Kempton for this ride.

Something back anyway after a poor day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭naughto

my tent or yours saying hello after winning

tumblr_mkyeijuS5U1r3k73wo1_400.gif

I thought the favourite was plenty short enough in this bumper in Limerick but couldnt find a thing to take it on with.

Well that was fairly easy. Thank jesus i didnt go for the lay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Clonsuttonlad

So upset with Cue Card, gutted, not just the money but love the horse, he was destroying them until he emptied. I think their tactics are making it hard on him. It's very hard to win from the front. Great ride by Fehily to push the tempo. Really turned it into a stamina test!

He absolutely needs to go from the front. He jumps great and gives respect to every fence. His cruising speed puts serious pressure on horses which was very evident today with most of the field.
    Tizzard gave him a super ride i thought and the best horse on the day won out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Cue Card is a class horse but never a stayer. Betfair Chase was run over 2m7. Ryanair is his for the taking again.

Have to agree Conti always appeared to be travelling well. I wonder is there anything they could do to boost it. Can't see Cue Card getting the Gold Cup trip.
    Will destroy anything over 2m 4 f though.

Interesting to see Prescott running a horse going up in Trip that's 8-1 in Wolv in the next! Mustn't be trying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

SRFC very quiet today :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Just having a few beers with the oul man in the local, went through the results for Kempton and he got the placepot up for €1! Were getting locked tonight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Gutted about Felix, won on cloudy too and defy logic but ended up down for the day having gone in way too heavy on felix

Gone through tomarra's cards and nothing interests me bar the handicap in limerick, so will be taking a few tips from here. Have backed Home farm will pick something from down the weights too.

Gutted about Felix, won on cloudy too and defy logic but ended up down for the day having gone in way too heavy on felix

Gone through tomarra's cards and nothing interests me bar the handicap in limerick, so will be taking a few tips from here. Have backed Home farm will pick something from down the weights too.

See people are giving out about the ride. What lost him it?

Felix Yonger looks like a fix to me. Especially the way he drifted. Would be very suspicious. Had a bad day myself, thought I knew more than pricewise/Garry o brien! Cue Card would of made it a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Townend probably left him with a bit too much to do. The horse leading two out on that chase course at Limerick rarely gets beat. Those last two come very close together and the run in is very short with no rise to the winning line. Ideally Townend should have been contesting jumping two out although he did make a bad error at one down the back. I think it was 4 or 5 out.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    See people are giving out about the ride. What lost him it?

Was out doing a puc fada, didn't even see it. Just a gaping hole in my PP account.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

dynaste let me down for over 10,000 euro, i had 3 winners in a 5er yankee and a 5er accume. still a very good day though

Say they made a few quid whatever they did. He bet the Papparazzi Kid by 15 lengths before! It was the strongest form I'd ever seen in a race for Felix Yonger!
    Would not trust Mullins chasers tbh, I would be very surprised if he won no chase at the festival. He ll win a novice hurdle maybe and maybe a CH.
    He doesn't deserve anything after that blatant fix in Limerick. Townsend is used to that track and there is no excuse! And I didn't back Yonger but did back Champagne Fever!

Say they made a few quid whatever they did. He bet that horse by 15 lengths before! It's the strongest form I've seen in a race for Felix Yonger!
    Would not trust Mullins chasers tbh, I would be very surprised if he won one chase at the festival. He ll win a novice hurdle maybe and maybe a CH.
    He doesn't deserve anything after that blatant fix in Limerick. Townsend is used to that track and there is no excuse! And I didn't back Yonger but did back Champagne Fever!

Bit far-fetched I think. The horse was only backed in from 8's to 5's, hardly a massive gamble landed. Was probably only each way thieves too. Given the amount Mullins has collected in winnings over the last few years he's hardly going to have one of his top horses beaten for a few quid. If it was a bad ride, I'd be 99% sure it was down to over-confidence, nothing else.

• Advertisement

Love that cue card regardless of todays result, he's all class.

Cloudy rock is out in the last in limerick tomorrow, was tipped on here after the p2p. will that be priced up this evening or will I have to be out of the scratcherearly in the morning to get the best price.

Advertisement