Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Stephens day 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Yeah was thinking Champagne was the one that might be beaten.
    Have him in an accum though due to prices not being up for Felix.

Reckon Arsenal are bombproof against West Ham aswell.

I was going to throw Sprinter Sacre in accums aswell 1/4 but it was ante post rules,non runner and the bets a loser fk that :pac:

Last years stephens day I remember being in bed dying sick every good thing won still annoyed over that :mad: Wrath Of Titans runs in the 2mile maiden on thursday clearly needs a trip wouldnt go near him if hes short in the betting for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

UrbanSea wrote: »
    And Third Intention has never looked like wanting three miles. Still fancy him at a huge price for this year's Jewson.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He ran pretty well at aintree and at kempton last year over the same distance.
    I don't think just a par is a certainty despite popular belief. What id watch out for is how Ohio gold runs in the second race, on form of last year he should win that race unless he's regressed. If he runs too bad to be true you'll know how much of a cloud the stable is under and would probably avoid third intention and cue card.
    The rumours that the haydock trip was short must be absolute b*llox when cue card ran. There was nothing significant about the time on the ground at all. I don't think cue card will like kempton and hope he loses to push his price out for the gold cup

well lads i fancy morning assembly big time for the topaz novice chase on sunday in leopardstown could be a gold cup horse in the making ! long run worth a few quid ew in the king George @ 10-1 he has a serious record around kempton

That would be my nap of the holiday
    Period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

ste2010 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. He ran pretty well at aintree and at kempton last year over the same distance.
    I don't think just a par is a certainty despite popular belief. What id watch out for is how Ohio gold runs in the second race, on form of last year he should win that race unless he's regressed. If he runs too bad to be true you'll know how much of a cloud the stable is under and would probably avoid third intention and cue card.
    The rumours that the haydock trip was short must be absolute b*llox when cue card ran. There was nothing significant about the time on the ground at all. I don't think cue card will like kempton and hope he loses to push his price out for the gold cup
    Yeah ran well at Aintree but look at how he has finished off all of his races over 3 miles. Same as last time out, travelled wel finished like he didn't get the trip

Ohio Gold was on crime line the last two months :pac: last seen going to the start in fontwell then a sighting at the start in Exeter,still missing :pac:

• Advertisement

Plenty of dosh done on O'Brien's the last day, looks a very good bumper. Fancy Tullamore Dew in that handicap chase at Wetherby 14s with pp

I liked the look of the weight on TD. You know he hasn't won a race in 2 years last time over 17f in plumpton. How unlucky has he been...I could be persuaded to back him but I like cape tribulation after what he did last year in this race and his taking to bad ground. My only concern is the jockey booking and the propensity for his mark to be kept for the grand national..any opinions on this??

SRFC wrote: »
    Ohio Gold was on crime line the last two months :pac: last seen going to the start in fontwell then a sighting at the start in Exeter,still missing :pac:

I am "hoping" on those 2 occasions it was bug related or tactical..

I got a message today to back a horse of Nicholls this week called ALCALA,said they think a bit of him,unraced and entered during the week keep and eye out for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Clonsuttonlad

Did you not see how well Jumps Road ran against TNO and Zarkandar?
    The virus is obviously not effecting CC as he ran fine the last day. He might of had it in Exeter and it has passed through. I don't see why Kempton will affect him, is it much different than Haydock?

I always thought that Cue Card was a speed horse but watching the Betfair he is really a dogged stayer, he did nt jump big and looks like he will relish a slog, or a speed test. I think the horse has improved a lot from last year. However he is a little inconsistent, but I believe he is a better animal than Dynaste or Conti

I liked the look of the weight on TD. You know he hasn't won a race in 2 years last time over 17f in plumpton. How unlucky has he been...I could be persuaded to back him but I like cape tribulation after what he did last year in this race and his taking to bad ground. My only concern is the jockey booking and the propensity for his mark to be kept for the grand national..any opinions on this??
    Still a good bit ahead of the mark that he won off last year think this is a better race. Tullamore Dew ran well behind Golden Chieftan at the festival I thought and only carries ten stone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Clonsuttonlad

Morning Assembly is a very popular horse, will definately have a bet.
    Might go off evens on the day!

Morning Assembly is a very popular horse, will definately have a bet.
    Might go off evens on the day!

No chance,unless Ballycasey and bright new dawn dont run.

Did you not see how well Jumps Road ran against TNO and Zarkandar?
    The virus is obviously not effecting CC as he ran fine the last day. He might of had it in Exeter and it has passed through. I don't see why will affect him, is it much different than Haydock?

I always thought that Cue Card was a speed horse but watching the Betfair he is really a dogged stayer, he did nt jump big and looks like he will relish a slog, or a speed test. I think the horse has improved a lot from last year. However he is a little inconsistent, but I believe he is a better animal than Dynaste or Conti

Kempton is Right handed. Cue card has a tendency to jump to the left on occasion. Outside of going right handed I don't think the ground will help either. You could argue his ascot win last season was going right handed but looked like captain chris was going to worry him before hitting the last or second last. That aside they will not let him do what he did at haydock.
    Dynaste and al ferof for me all day.

No chance,unless Ballycasey and bright new dawn dont run.

Ballycasey couldn't handle him at punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I got a message today to back a horse of Nicholls this week called ALCALA,said they think a bit of him,unraced and entered during the week keep and eye out for it.

2pm Friday at Kempton.

Ballycasey couldn't handle him at punchestown

I know yeah but im just talking about the prices and likely sps,I cant see MA being anything like evens considering hes 2/1 now,i have been known to be wrong though :pac:

Ill be with Ballycasey especially if its not too soft,hope he keeps drifting,ruby will know what he has to beat.

I know yeah but im just talking about the prices and likely sps,I cant see MA being anything like evens considering hes 2/1 now,i have been known to be wrong though :pac:

Ill be with Ballycasey especially if its not too soft,hope he keeps drifting,ruby will know what he has to beat.

It's interesting that ruby rode him LTO. Surely connections of MA would have avoided that unless they either wanted insight to him compared ballycasey or that Ballycasey may not be good enough for the RSA. Or simply they were just naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

My Tent Or Yours

or

The New One

Who ya go?

Personally I am on The New One bandwagon for Cheltenham so Im kinda hoping he gets beat here and his price goes out somewhat. Im already on at 9/2 and 4s ANTEPOST but don't wanna see him go any shorter before it goes NRNB as then I want to start really piling on. We all know MTOY loves the mud so it could be a tough assignment for The New One.

I cant really remember a decent horse MTOY has actually beaten,the betfair hurdle he won (easily in fairness)was useless form,swingbowler cotton mill and dark lover finished behind him and lets be honest they wouldnt be sighted in march in any graded races,hes finished in front of Jezki in a supreme thats probably his best bit of form,the aintree race was a non even forgotton voice would be lapped in a champion hurdle and the other two were donkeys,

Im with TNO here,as a novice he was touched off just by Zarkandar and finished in front of proven high class animals in Thousand stars,Grandeout,Oscar Whisky,country wide flame and the like in aintree (I know over a different trip)

He beat a double grade on beast in Pont Alexandre and beat him easily in the neptune,all in all tracks suiting or not TNO is a better horse and I'll be backing him to beat MTOY if I decide to dabble on the race.

Anyone fancy Dalasari at Limerick

• Advertisement

My three are Long Run at 10s, Tullamore Dew each way at Wetherby at 12s and Gods Own in the second at Kempton at 14s

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Me. Thought the tissue was too big other day. Ain't seen actual price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Stable like to punt so if the money comes, would be of interest but carriganog will be hard to beat.

Here's a question. Can carrignog enter the fred winter at Cheltenham?
    I think he's the one for this race tomorrow but being a McManus horse you never know what your going to get

My three are Long Run at 10s, Tullamore Dew each way at Wetherby at 12s and Gods Own in the second at Kempton at 14s

I've done a big bet on cape tribulation. I'm considering doing tullamore dew Dutch ew

Here's a question. Can carrignog enter the fred winter at Cheltenham?
    I think he's the one for this race tomorrow but being a McManus horse you never know what your going to get
    No he'll be five next week Fred Winter is for juveniles.

No he'll be five next week Fred Winter is for juveniles.

Sorry should have figured that. All horse go up a year next week! Was confused by the age thing. So it'll be green light for carrignog tomorrow so unless they strike up something in the background with the Hartys. If I owned or trained dalarisi I'd be keeping him for a handicap. He's a horse that is nearly great.

some gamble they landed with him in cork one day 50s down to 9/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

some gamble they landed with him in cork one day 50s down to 9/2.

http://www.irishracing.com/result?prn=Cork&prc=097&prd=201301051240

Cork 05/01/2013

Think Carriganog myself in this race

• Advertisement

Smashing is decent but 8/11 is too short for me again its the bookies running scared of mullins absolute cowards,the O Brien has has more potential I thought he'd be 7/4ish 3s is big enough might not have a bet,

That Moonshine lad that looks a good thing tomorrow beware of it got told he fell while schooling recently,only has to jump around to win might not risk putting him in an accum supposedly has a mind of his own.

Advertisement