Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabor Brazil 7 course menu

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Serbian wrote: »
    If you haven't been before, it's definitely a unique dining experience in Dublin. Be prepared for a very long meal however. I booked a table for 8pm and didn't get out of the place until almost 1am. Also, they'll push you to buy a bottle of wine, but most courses come with a drink of some kind, so if you're not looking to ply yourself with booze, I'd recommend holding off and not ordering any extra drink.

It's definitely a go once and try it kind of place.

HI all,

Planning to go here soon - are meals there really that long? Need to book a babysitter so wanted to check....

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

And they are doing the deal again today only

http://bit.ly/1lVZCAY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I hope you like licking Salt of a Roof slate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Hootanany wrote: »
    I hope you like licking Salt of a Roof slate.

You should have waited for the other courses. There were seven of them you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

oceanclub wrote: »
    HI all,

Planning to go here soon - are meals there really that long? Need to book a babysitter so wanted to check....

P.

Yes but you can tell them you need to get through it quicker and they will oblige.

Tempted to go for a 3rd time myself, amazing food and service, top in Dublin in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

Went last month mid Aug. Have to say impressed would be an understatement. Fantastic night all round with amazing service and the food was all very nice. Paid 10 extra plus 20 tip so for 130 that is some value. Couldn't stop raving about it.

TIP for those going anytime soon. We ordered a white wine which was lovely but the steak came out and Tom was kind enough to fill a nice big glass of red to compliment it. We ended up getting the 3/4 of the bottle of Red as he also gave a glass to one of the other guests on White. That was a nice touch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I still have my voucher from the last time. How soon did you guys get a booking. I've heard it could be weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Does anybody not use a voucher there?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Does anybody not use a voucher there?

At their quoted prices, I'd hope not.

If you're having to make the bulk of your sales via voucher sites, your rack prices are far too high and you'd make a lot more cash dropping them to somewhere between the voucher price and what the voucher gouger actually gives you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Not going to repeat a lot of what was said here. I have not experience a better dining experience in Dublin. It is much better than Shanahans and Guilbads.

I was there recently, it's worth going to. But let's be realistic here, it's not even in the same league as those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Melendez wrote: »

im not sure why they are doing the vouchers to be honest, i went twice with my wife before all this voucher crack and paid full price and couldnt figure out how they made money given the experience we had both nights, at half price i have no idea how it can be worth their while

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cyrus wrote: »
    im not sure why they are doing the vouchers to be honest, i went twice with my wife before all this voucher crack and paid full price and couldnt figure out how they made money given the experience we had both nights, at half price i have no idea how it can be worth their while

They're getting quite a lot less than the voucher price at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Cyrus wrote: »

Yeah the comments here about the pricing is bizarre tbh, I spent a lot of time there wondering how they're keeping the doors open.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah the comments here about the pricing is bizarre tbh, I spent a lot of time there wondering how they're keeping the doors open.
    Maybe its a numbers thing, have it full every night and make money on drink, I rang up a month ago and the earliest they could fit us in was the end of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,789 ✭✭✭✭unkel

pc7 wrote: »
    Maybe its a numbers thing, have it full every night and make money on drink

I'd say it's the only restaurant in Ireland that actually does not make money on drink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

unkel wrote: »
    I'd say it's the only restaurant in Ireland that actually does not make money on drink :)

Well I wouldn't go as far as that, my wife and I bought 2 bottles of wine the night we went. Over 30euro a pop, but lovely vino all the same. caipirinha there are around 11/13 euro a pop!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

mad m wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't go as far as that, my wife and I bought 2 bottles of wine the night we went. Over 30euro a pop, but lovely vino all the same. caipirinha there are around 11/13 euro a pop!

Snap
    Must just pick us randomly:( won't be back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

What does the voucher get you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,789 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well I wouldn't go as far as that, my wife and I bought 2 bottles of wine the night we went.

We paid for 1 bottle of wine, but we had an awful, awful lot more to drink than that . Yes free stuff on top of all the stuff that came with the voucher as well. Gave Tom a €40 tip :)
    Over 30euro a pop, but lovely vino all the same. caipirinha there are around 11/13 euro a pop!

2.5 * retail is not unreasonable at all and pretty much the norm as a markup on wine in Irish restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Sorry forgot to mention, wife ordered two caipirinha's at end of our night, as I said I think they were 13 euro each so got a bit of a shock. I did mention it to Tom and he said as I didn't have many after drinks , he refunded us the 26euro, which I thought was nice.

It was a great dining experience, but lads your missing one thing here. There is only one menu so there is going to be little or no waste so this is why they can still do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

It would help in they ever answered their phone though, tried all day and evening yesterday, no answer!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    It would help in they ever answered their phone though, tried all day and evening yesterday, no answer!

I tried 4 days in a row about 10 times each evening to no avail, emailed them and asked them to ring me and they did a day or two later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

pc7 wrote: »
    I tried 4 days in a row about 10 times each evening to no avail, emailed them and asked them to ring me and they did a day or two later

That's really unacceptable and bordering on fraud, they need to improve that (hope they read this)!!!
    Sell as many vouchers as you can but don't give them a chance to make a booking. Some of them may even forget and give up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    That's really unacceptable and bordering on fraud, they need to improve that (hope they read this)!!!
    Sell as many vouchers as you can but don't give them a chance to make a booking. Some of them may even forget and give up!

The restaurant doesn't get paid for the vouchers until they're cashed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Going tonight......I am very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

My self and the GF are going tonight.. think i booked it about 8 weeks ago.. longest i've ever been looking forward to a meal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

MuffinsDa wrote:
    That's really unacceptable and bordering on fraud, they need to improve that (hope they read this)!!! Sell as many vouchers as you can but don't give them a chance to make a booking. Some of them may even forget and give up!

You need to ring in the afternoon; not evening. All their staff are busy serving food in the evening. Or you can leave a message if they don't answer and they'll call you back. I think it says somewhere on their website that they're unlikely to answer the phone during operating hours.

• Advertisement

Absoluvely wrote: »
    You need to ring in the afternoon; not evening. All their staff are busy serving food in the evening. Or you can leave a message if they don't answer and they'll call you back. I think it says somewhere on their website that they're unlikely to answer the phone during operating hours.

I couldn't leave a voice mail as they had an old voice mail saying they were closed for a family wedding (a few weeks earlier),I thought they had gone bust! But the email worked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement