Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabor Brazil 7 course menu

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Amazing restaurant, went during the year, just bought another voucher for a treat in 2014 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,790 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's me booked, thanks Nunu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Bought one of these vouchers for €90, thank you. Hoping to get a booking in May for the OH's birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cancelled my living social one for 99....got this one for 90...thanks folks! Every euro counts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Thanks Nunu, got the €90 deal, for any who have not been it's a great spot.

We went a few months ago and had a great night, we were there for over 4 hours but the time just slipped by, I was going to get a bottle of wine but we must have had 3 bottles as an accompaniment to the meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭momec

Long time lurker coming on to post but if you book VIA grabone VIA fatcheese you will get 4 or 5% back too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

+1 for Sabor Brazil. Went there in the summer. Got treated like king and queen (wife is veggie/fish eater and she got all the fish dishes and veggie alternatives to the meat)

Lovely staff, amazing food and gorgeous atmosphere. And regarding the wine, we had 2 bottles which we paid for. As we were leaving the maître d pressed a bottle into my wife's hand. Got another voucher recently and have 13th Feb booked. Valentines has been booked out for ages it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Been there twice over the years. It was my best dublin Dublin dining experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

My wife got this deal, rang up and earliest she could get was end of May!

Only Joking:)

When your booking they want a 25euro deposit as per website. Gets refunded or off at end of bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

gmisk wrote: »
    Cancelled my living social one for 99....got this one for 90...thanks folks! Every euro counts :)

How did you cancel the living social one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Link: http://www.grabone.ie/south-east/sabor-brazil-7

€90

Available all day today and tomorrow until midnight.

its still available till midnight tonight but the price has gone back up to 100 euro, seems less of a bargain to me now, not sure if Ill get it now

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Muahahaha wrote: »
    its still available till midnight tonight but the price has gone back up to 100 euro, seems less of a bargain to me now, not sure if Ill get it now

Discount is applied when you go to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

madanall wrote: »
    Discount is applied when you go to pay.

Yeah. It's still available at €90 for another 4 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

mad m wrote: »
    When your booking they want a 25euro deposit as per website. Gets refunded or off at end of bill.

Tom from the restaurant told me earlier this year that if you have a voucher, you don't have to pay a deposit. Or that your voucher is used as your deposit.

Muahahaha wrote: »

You have till midnight tomorrow.

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Tom from the restaurant told me earlier this year that if you have a voucher, you don't have to pay a deposit. Or that your voucher is used as your deposit.

Well not when we rang. Told him we had voucher but still needed to give deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

mad m wrote: »
    Well not when we rang. Told him we had voucher but still needed to give deposit.

Same here. Also there's no weekends available until middle of May so it's a loooong wait.......

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

I was there this time last year with my GF and it was a great experiance, well worth it.
    A good few of my friends have been there also and they all have the same opinon.

Whats really nice is that unlike other deals for other top restaurants they dont try and stick you with a load of eatra costs, in fact the opposite, we went through 3 bottes of nice wine and only paid 40e.

Going here soon. Can I just ask about what additional wine you need to order?
    There are lots of reports here that differ....
    What drinks do you get with the deal?
    A lot of people mention ordering 1 bottle and getting your glass constantly refilled....?

glasso wrote: »
    A lot of people mention ordering 1 bottle and getting your glass constantly refilled....?

Only been once but booked in in a few weeks again.:)

The night we were there when you arrived it was a glass of prosecco, 2nd course with a strong cocktail, from there on it was white wine followed by red that for us were constantly topped up.

It was a funny night as there was an ashole couple arguing, giving out about the food, maybe that's why we had about 3 bottles on the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

glasso wrote: »

When I went, I didn't order a bottle of wine at all. I got a couple of cocktails at the beginning, then I think for maybe two courses there might have been no extra booze, then at the main course, we got a glass of the house wine that they refilled for us a couple of times. All of that was included in the deal. They offered us a drink at the end of the meal which we didn't take. Not sure if that one would have been extra or not.

Overall, I felt we got plenty of drink without ordering anything specific, but I wouldn't be much of a drinker (e.g. between myself and my girlfriend, we'd rarely finish a bottle of wine with dinner).

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Went for the 7 course meal deal here last night. Absolutely fantastic food and superb service. The staff are all so friendly.

Just bought the deal again: https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1022175-seven-course-brazilian-tasting-menu-for-two

Only available for Wednesdays, Thursday & Sundays but still well worth it.

went there recently and it was great. unbelievably relaxing and enjoyable experience - nothing like it in Dublin for the price. bought a bottle of wine for €35.
    Drinkwise got
    -prosecco on arrival
    -capriahina
    -coffee
    -brandy
    also got a top up of another big glass of wine (same wine that we bought) when we finished the bottle

with the wine and decent tip ended up paying 155 altogether (including the voucher of 90)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

this deal still floating around anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I'd be interested in know this as well
    allanb49 wrote: »
    this deal still floating around anywhere?

Was there during the week, again had a great time , this time I ordered a bottle of wine (white) so during the first few courses we didn't receive any other wines.

Half way through the meal Tom brought 2 bottles of red to our table for us to taste, large glasses :) so at this stage we had 6 glasses of wine at our table.:)

Our opinion was asked and we went with the Illuminati which was very nice.

When it came to the bill the voucher covered it, shocked, some place.

If you haven't been, you are missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Tom has to be one of the nicest people I have ever met.

We were there the day before valentines day. I lost count of how many glasses of wine we had. I certainly wasn't charged for them all. There were glasses of port with the cheese board too. And extra Gorgonzola appears when my wife commented how much she liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Emailed them last week. They have no friday bookings until July and no Saturday until August

stimpson wrote: »
    Tom has to be one of the nicest people I have ever met.

We were there the day before valentines day. I lost count of how many glasses of wine we had. I certainly wasn't charged for them all. There were glasses of port with the cheese board too. And extra Gorgonzola appears when my wife commented how much she liked it.

Same here, extra cheese breads brought for us, love them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

Thought I'd comment here as I was there last Saturday and had an amazing experience.
    I've lost track of the amount of booze that came with the meal (we didn't get an extra bottle of wine). I got glasses of wine with the main course, and a fancy cognac at the end, both of which were topped up. Also caipirinha, prosecco, port. Partner wasn't drinking so she got non-alcoholic equivalents.
    Tom was a great host and everything was perfect. When we commented that we liked certain things, more would appear.
    When booking they take €25 off your card, which I left as a tip in the end.
    Would definitely recommend this as a special occasion place. While most people were couples, there was one 4-person table there too.
    Oh, and if you're planning on getting public transport home you might want to change your plans. We sat down at 8 and left at 12:45.
    Only tiny niggle is that a lot of it wasn't really Brazilian, it was just the chef's take on Brazilian food (he is from there mind you). There were a lot of Italian influences, and even one sushi course. No big deal though, that wasn't the reason people go there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement