Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabor Brazil 7 course menu

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

Its one of the best restaurant's in Dublin. They look after you very well. Attention to detail. Was a bit hard to get booking but I would say they are very busy and well worth a wait. They actually asked me for a 25 euro deposit even tho I had a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey guys, what's the midweek availability like for this place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Would you not just ring them to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,779 ✭✭✭✭unkel

javagal wrote: »
    Hey guys, what's the midweek availability like for this place

What time would you like to book, Sir? We have one table for 2 left for 6PM tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

stimpson wrote: »
    Would you not just ring them to ask?

I mean in general.
    Someone said it was booked until July for weekends so I was curious if mid week is the same.
    I'll ring them, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

When I last booked it was 3-4 weeks in advance, mid week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Do you actually need a voucher to get this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Inbox wrote: »
    Do you actually need a voucher to get this deal?
    Yes.....otherwise it would be 100 per person

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Deal is up on Dealrush, might have to see what all the fuss is about!

Link: http://www.dealrush.ie/deal/6799-221644/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Any vegetarians or pescetarians gone there? Were the veggie or fish alternatives good?

Any vegetarians or pescetarians gone there? Were the veggie or fish alternatives good?

The wife is a pescetarian and loved it. Menu was very similar, except olive tapenade instead of the chicken liver paté (it was nicer too), veggie sushi (main one is duck) and a tuna steak instead of beef.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

fjon wrote: »
    Thought I'd comment here as I was there last Saturday and had an amazing experience.
    I've lost track of the amount of booze that came with the meal (we didn't get an extra bottle of wine). I got glasses of wine with the main course, and a fancy cognac at the end, both of which were topped up. Also caipirinha, prosecco, port. Partner wasn't drinking so she got non-alcoholic equivalents.
    Tom was a great host and everything was perfect. When we commented that we liked certain things, more would appear.
    When booking they take €25 off your card, which I left as a tip in the end.
    Would definitely recommend this as a special occasion place. While most people were couples, there was one 4-person table there too.
    Oh, and if you're planning on getting public transport home you might want to change your plans. We sat down at 8 and left at 12:45.
    Only tiny niggle is that a lot of it wasn't really Brazilian, it was just the chef's take on Brazilian food (he is from there mind you). There were a lot of Italian influences, and even one sushi course. No big deal though, that wasn't the reason people go there!

A sizable Japanese population in Brazil, and there was a huge Italian influx - both into the southern part of Brazil. Pizza, pasta and sushi is standard in that part in Brazil.

The majority of "Real" Brazilian food (that locals eat day in day out) is not much to shout about in my opinion. Pastels and Coxinhas (which this place sells) are just cheap 'grab n go' snacks, sometimes nice, sometimes totally tasteless - and people then smother them in ketchup.

The classic dish of feijoada is equivalent of a stew but with beans and cheap cuts of pork - again, sometimes nice, sometimes not.

Dairy products are hopeless and the chocolate is rotten.

The best thing about Brazilian food is their beef, and how they cut and cook it. Absolutely amazing...my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

With the chef using local dairy and chocolate, I'd hazard a guess that the food in Sabor is actually nicer than the real thing! Apart from the beef...if he's using Irish beef, it wouldn't quite be at the same level.

KungPao wrote: »
    A sizable Japanese population in Brazil, and there was a huge Italian influx - both into the southern part of Brazil. Pizza, pasta and sushi is standard in that part in Brazil.

The majority of "Real" Brazilian food (that locals eat day in day out) is not much to shout about in my opinion. Pastels and Coxinhas (which this place sells) are just cheap 'grab n go' snacks, sometimes nice, sometimes totally tasteless - and people then smother them in ketchup.

The classic dish of feijoada is equivalent of a stew but with beans and cheap cuts of pork - again, sometimes nice, sometimes not.

Dairy products are hopeless and the chocolate is rotten.

The best thing about Brazilian food is their beef, and how they cut and cook it. Absolutely amazing...my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

With the chef using local dairy and chocolate, I'd hazard a guess that the food in Sabor is actually nicer than the real thing! Apart from the beef...if he's using Irish beef, it wouldn't quite be at the same level.

I love Picanha but it is difficult to get the right cut in Dublin, I only know of 1 butcher that constantly stocks it, it's where SB get their meat, so they have done their homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I'm there next Sunday can't wait, so don't order wine drink come with each course?

Hootanany wrote: »
    I'm there next Sunday can't wait, so don't order wine drink come with each course?

not necessarily. buy some wine to let them live. you're getting a good deal ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Bought one of the original vouchers for here, haven't booked anything yet but looking forward to sampling it soon. One concern is I'm not really a wine drinker, not only that I don't particularly like wine but I actually can't drink it (have a stomach condition which the acidic nature of wine aggravates).

I can drink spirits but I don't want to look cheap by just drinking the spirits that are provided. Is there a beer menu?

Well how did you get on?

Not great they forgot a course I know WTF and was charged for every drink including the comps drink bill was 50 odd plus the 25 deposit disgusted left a ****ty tip wont be back and it wasn't that great as well Jerusalem on the corner looked like a nice place.
    But thanks for the heads up must have changed their policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

We went a couple of weeks ago, very impressed. lots of drinks and very good service was there from 7.15 till 12pm. The only thing that wasnt great is both our steaks were tough, but even with that it was still a fantastic night.

• Advertisement

Not great they forgot a course I know WTF and was charged for every drink including the comps drink bill was 50 odd plus the 25 deposit disgusted left a ****ty tip wont be back and it wasn't that great as well Jerusalem on the corner looked like a nice place.

They charged you the full price + the €25 deposit?:eek:

Surely you didn't pay?

Was it Tom on duty that night, I'd e mail them.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I'm gonna try Sabor next time there is a deal going but I'd be wary of Jerusalem nearby. It's changed it's name/type of food/decor about 4 times in the last year. Wouldn't take that as a good sign but I'm open to correction.

nudger wrote: »
    They charged you the full price + the €25 deposit?:eek:

Surely you didn't pay?

Was it Tom on duty that night, I'd e mail them.

Yep Tom was on Nah will vote with my feet 2 tables complained about the steak being tough to me but not the staff, licking salt on the old slate was a bit hmmmmmmm the Rum drink was nice.

Thanks for the heads up on Jerusalem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Went last night, had a fantastic night. Bought two bottles of wine, but after the first bottle was finished they probably would have topped up wine glass because glass was topped up after we finished 2nd bottle. Food and service was great. We got cocktails and port complimentary.

Tom was a great host and Alex our waiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aoifeod1987

Hi Boards users, just came across this.

I have a booking for July 10th if anyone here is interested. Dealrush voucher for 100 euro also. I'm unable to make it so just thought I would put it up here for anyone interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Are you offering the date or the voucher?, as I have a voucher myself but haven't booked yet....

Preferably both as I don't think I will get around to making booking again before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Preferably both as I don't think I will get around to making booking again before Christmas.

Did you let them debt your CC for the 25euro?

Yes. It should be refundable though, especially on cancellation within a few weeks notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Just FYI, I was talking to this famous Tom on the phone yesterday, and he mentioned they're adding another table (2) soon, so anyone struggling to make a booking could maybe get squeezed in at peak times

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement