Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

Finally finding good items anddd bam, died of hypothermia..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ye guys should play the Vanilla mod or Dayzero mod. Much more polished game with lots to do in the way of end game scenarios. Standalone wont be playable until the hacking goes and the zombies are a whole lot less buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Raincoats are highly desirable now as they keep you from getting hypothermia and fires now warm you up so its curable. Its going in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

They should do a weekend event of replacing bullets with water.

Death by hypothermia for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Logged out with my ak101 in hand yesterday for an aul cuppa, came back on, AK gone bye bye! Now rocking a sawn off but not looking forward to a show down!

The loot on the persistent servers is a pain as well. Can't find any AK scopes, mags or ammo boxes.

But damn its scary coming up to a building door which has been locked by another player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

For anyone interested in playing on private servers, we just got our shard up and running. All are welcome!

Cooperative Shard Alliance
    About
    In the spirit of cooperation and in response to frequent attacks on our public servers by those using hacks, the =UN= and Z.A.P have formed a private multi server shard. The C.S.A will initially begin with 2 servers with a view to expand and to incorporate other like minded communities in the future.
    We are looking for individuals/groups and clans to join our community and play DayZ as it was meant to be played. There are no restrictions to player behavior or playstyle with the exception of hacking, which will be dealt with harshly. Bandits/ Heroes/ Survivalists and those just looking for player interaction are all welcome.

Server Information
    Both servers are linked and character data is shared across both servers.

Host: Fragnet
    Persistence: Temporarily Disabled
    Restart schedule: 4hr
    Server Start Time: 7am

Server 1:(50 Slots)
    [=UN=/-ZaP-] DayZ Private Hive #1 - hosted by Fragnet.net
    IP: 192.210.238.84:2502
    b_560_95_1.png

Server 2:(40 Slots)
    [=UN=/-ZaP-] DayZ Private Hive #2 - hosted by Fragnet.net
    IP: 192.3.53.50:2402
    b_560_95_1.png
    Teamspeak Info

=UN= : ts.the-unclan.com:10053

Zap: ts3.zapgaming.net

Websites

=UN=: http://the-unclan.com

Zap: http://www.zapgaming.net
    YB0h24o.png 0Ij7o6V.png

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Is the game worth jumping in to yet or is there still loads to get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Kunkka wrote: »
    Is the game worth jumping in to yet or is there still loads to get sorted?

Still loads to be sorted, it is by no means a polished experience.

That said, I have played it for over 300 hours so there is something there :D

I will say that you should play with a clan and use teamspeak. Its a completely different game and much more enjoyable than playing alone.

Yea.

Got on last night after being away for few months. Not much has changed in those months.

Running around with nothing - still get shot at and killed from god knows where. Pretty pathetic.

I always give noobs a free pass. I guess everyone else is an a$$hole :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,124 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Um...been playing this for a couple of weeks and I'm getting fed up now.

There's waaaay too many dickheads on most of the servers who are just going to blow you away for no reason. Most of these dicks are already tooled up, better than you in the vast majority of cases.

Tonight, I walked into some clown. He's got a shooting weapon of some sort and kitted out in military gear. I say "friendly". I had an axe, a raincoat and a tin of beans. I was just going to pass by on my search for some food and he starts to fire. Says nothing. So I run and this dickhead gives chase...for miles into a forrest.

Eventually, I'm so wounded that my legs break. I go to 3rd person and see dickhead approach and shoot again.

I just hit esc.

It's getting boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

that sounds more exciting than anything that ever happened to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

I personally think you should be allowed spawn with a particular firearm with limited bullets so that when you do encounter others with guns they think twice before starting a gun fight in case they die and lose all your their gear. If you can spawn with a torch surely you can spawn with a pistol and ten bullets. If you do happen to break your legs the ability to shoot your brains out would be nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 anticonscience

The Motorola watch looks excellent. Might be tempted closer to Christmas as a present for myself.
    What watch would you guys consider the best ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

To be fair, it's completely luck of the draw in this game of whom you happen to run into, last night I walked into the Fire Station in Cherno (didn't hear a thing inside). Only to be confronted by 4 heavily armed guys. I was unarmed and before I could even put my hands up to surrender, I was dead with the sound of bullets still hitting my body even after I was dead. They were probably frothing at the mouth at their self gratifying kill.

Compare it to when I spawned after, up North. Met someone friendly in the apartments/bell tower. We both had guns, had a chat and went on our merry seperate ways without a single shot fired.

But the ratio between the incidents are usually more leaning towards hostile players. In those instances it's really up to you how you handle the situation and I think it's why so many people play the game.

I think what 'DayZ' really needs is more zombies. Waaaay more zombies, that'll seriously cause havoc if a weapon is fired in their vicinity. That mechanic is already there, as I've had about 5 or 6 of them react to one of my gun shots in one of the larger towns, but those events are too few and far between.

Now, if that was about 10 or more, it would really make you think about using/wasting that shot. Plus, snipers can feck off too. Any sniper on top of a building will draw a ton of zombies to their location and give it away to other players, allowing them to circumvent those gobshites.

Snipers in a post-apocalyptic game :rolleyes:

Another thing that's needed is to get rid of the powerful automatic weapons. No M4's. Shotguns, rifles, pistols only.

Machine guns are too far a step, IMO, and allows KoS gombeens to engage in their stupidity too easily. Or, make their ammo even more rare, so people with that weapon will use them in an emergency against large numbers of zombies, instead just being KoS dicks.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I think what 'DayZ' really needs is more zombies. Waaaay more zombies.

The zombies are currently only place holders, the development team are working on server architecture to improve performance. Once that's done there is expected to be hundreds of zombies at any given time across the map and hopefully more players per server. (Hopefully!)

The DayZ mod has a good number of zombies per area, but they only spawn when players are nearby, having zombies spawned across the map when not needed causes server performance degredation due to the increase in objects in the world on the Arma 2 Engine. For DayZ standalone the hope is that this will be fixed to allow great performance while having alot of zombies and players active at the same time.

If they added more zombies to the DayZ SA as it is at the moment, you'd have alot more stuttering, more desync, more lag etc and generally people would be more unhappy with the game.

Again last night.

Fighting zombies with a friend and some d!ck comes over and sprays us dead. No words - nothing.

I'm sure everyone has the same experience which forces them to kill-on-site for fear and hatred of other players....

Cravez wrote: »
    The zombies are currently only place holders, the development team are working on server architecture to improve performance. Once that's done there is expected to be hundreds of zombies at any given time across the map and hopefully more players per server. (Hopefully!)

The DayZ mod has a good number of zombies per area, but they only spawn when players are nearby, having zombies spawned across the map when not needed causes server performance degredation due to the increase in objects in the world on the Arma 2 Engine. For DayZ standalone the hope is that this will be fixed to allow great performance while having alot of zombies and players active at the same time.

If they added more zombies to the DayZ SA as it is at the moment, you'd have alot more stuttering, more desync, more lag etc and generally people would be more unhappy with the game.

Ah ok, I didn't know this. I'm still a serious noob with this game.

It's good they're working on more zeds. Hordes of those things would be a really serious thing indeed and I honestly think it will cut down on the PvP crap.

Not that PvP is inherently bad, or anything. Some banditry is good. But when you're just shot by some wanker for no reason at all, it gets tiresome and it makes the community turn to KoS as a generally rule, as seems to be happening at present.

It's a shame, because the game does feel much better when you connect with some randomer and fight off a load of geeks, or trade some needed supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Vehicles are on experimental! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Vehicles are on experimental! :eek:
    Yup and they actually work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Jaysus i might give it a whirl so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

I see it's going up in price. It already has actually, but it's discounted in the Steam sale so that it's the same price it was before the sale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Oak76 wrote: »
    I see it's going up in price. It already has actually, but it's discounted in the Steam sale so that it's the same price it was before the sale...

Think thats a mistake. Because Bohemia said themselves the price is going up after the "Fall Sale" to reflect more added content and they want a gradual price rise rather than sticking an extra 20-30 quid on it overnight when it hits Beta/Full release

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Here's the plan for 2015, with an eventual final release sometime in 2016.
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Q1 2015

Basic vehicles
    Advanced loot distribution
    New renderer
    New Zombie AI
    Basic stealth system (zombies and animals)
    Diseases

Q2 2015

Advanced vehicles (repair and modifications)
    Advanced animals (life cycle, group behavior)
    Player statistics
    New UI
    Player stamina
    Dynamic events

Q3 2015

Traps
    Barricading
    Character life span + soft skills
    Animal predators + birds
    Aerial transport
    Console prototype

Q4 2015

Animal companions
    Steam community integration
    Construction (base building)
    Beta version, expected price €34.99 / $43.99.

See here.

I would add another 2 years to that list :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

There is still so many annoying bugs. Picking up some items. Items I drop end up a few metres away. Stuck in doorways and other spots. Graphical issues etc. I would rather a more polished gaming experience before any vehicles get added. By the time they exit beta their competition will have eaten them up.

Devs have said they wanted to do a 3 year development life cycle so about sometime in 2016 sounds about right.

Given that bugs will creep in when they add new functionality (and they will), id rather give the estimation of release more towards mid-late 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Cravez wrote: »
    Devs have said they wanted to do a 3 year development life cycle so about sometime in 2016 sounds about right.

Given that bugs will creep in when they add new functionality (and they will), id rather give the estimation of release more towards mid-late 2016.
    Did they actually say this before they put the game up for sale initially? If I had known it was this far from completion I would never have handed over my cash for it. If they did then I cant blame anyone else bar myself, otherwise I will still feel was a big waste of cash.
    last I played it was buggier and not a nice experience to play. At least when it first came out the bugs you could deal with.

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    Did they actually say this before they put the game up for sale initially? If I had known it was this far from completion I would never have handed over my cash for it. If they did then I cant blame anyone else bar myself, otherwise I will still feel was a big waste of cash.
    last I played it was buggier and not a nice experience to play. At least when it first came out the bugs you could deal with.

You are correct in that they didn't actually say it before they put the game for sale so your comment is valid. It was in one of the development blogs a good while back where they mentioned the 3 year software development cycle.

Early Access however, being indicative that it is, people shouldn't have expected for the game to be released sooner rather than later. Games, like most software projects, do run on a development lifecycle basis, sometimes lasting years depending on various factors. Because a game is in Early Access, shouldn't be an indication that it is in any way ready for release at a sooner date. I think people assume that because there is a working copy of a game available to play (albeit not polished), that it somehow must be near completion.

Advertisement