Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

Anyone getting on tonight?

check gaellords TS or TIG (theirishguard) TS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Has anyone else had an issue with blurry writing and huge icons?
    I went on today for the first time in ages, and it was a bit laggy, so I turned the settings down to medium. Straight away, all the icons went huge, and turned very blurry.....
    My max resolution is way below what the actual resolution is also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Eoghan S wrote: »
    Has anyone else had an issue with blurry writing and huge icons?
    I went on today for the first time in ages, and it was a bit laggy, so I turned the settings down to medium. Straight away, all the icons went huge, and turned very blurry.....
    My max resolution is way below what the actual resolution is also.

just go native resolution or run lower in windowed mode. Better looking being at native res with all textures on low rather than textures on medium with the image being scaled up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Here's a new video of a tense situation we got into last night. Nothing major just enjoyed the ending for me :P Enjoy!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah saw it earlier today,im ok with what hes saying. I have faith Bohemia will get there in the end,might be awhile though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Question - sometimes when I leave a server I'll start with the same gear on a new server. Other times with nothing. Is this set by the server? Or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

grizzly wrote: »
    Question - sometimes when I leave a server I'll start with the same gear on a new server. Other times with nothing. Is this set by the server? Or something else?

It depends, if you join a hard core server or regular server. If it's the same you keep your gear. Sometimes it just starts you fresh anyways though, because it's Dayz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

grizzly wrote: »

If you go to another server and when you log in you notice that you are a fresh spawn then you need to log out immediately. Do not move your character at all. Join a different server and you should be back.

Unless it's a hardcore server as poster above has said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You most likely joined a Hardcore server as stated above.

Hardcore = First Person Only
    Regular = Third Person & First Person

You have seperate gear for both types of servers. When searching for servers you can sort by either First/Third Person.

Also when you log out the character stays in the server for 30 seconds or so. You can still be killed in this time

Here's a short enough video of some Northwest action. We have a firefight with another squad in a forest near the airfield. Enjoy!

Cheers

Having an event/competition on our server to celebrate Halloween,all are welcome.Apply here
    In1JHus.jpg

whats up with the registry site, i signed up yesterday but it is still saying that my account isnt active???? "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator." is what it is saying every time i try log in!!!!! also how the f**k can i contact a mod if i cant log in!!!!!! what a stupid thing to say!!!!!

whats up with the registry site, i signed up yesterday but it is still saying that my account isnt active???? "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator." is what it is saying every time i try log in!!!!! also how the f**k can i contact a mod if i cant log in!!!!!! what a stupid thing to say!!!!!

Just PM'd you

Some highlights from a recent trip to Cherno

Sorry guy but we will have to pull out of that Halloween night competition, we all got on tonight for the first time in months to get our guys set up and get a bit of practice before Friday night and sweet god..... not one of us didn't have some kind of graphics/connection/controls issues.

It seems the game has gone very much in the wrong direction and well for us is now completely unplayable. i logged in and all my keys where reset ( i am left handed ) first problem, then after spending time fixing them all again i started playing and out of nowhere my graphics changed and it looked like mine craft and it wouldn't let me change them back. some of the others had the same problems and one couldn't find servers for a while even doh his brother in the same house could find them grand.

It was a great idea and we would love to have done it with you guys but we just couldnt bring ourselves to play a game this broken. sorry guys hope it is a good couple of nights.

No worries, we'll be doing more events in the future so hopefully by that stage the game will be more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Haven't played in a good while but by the sounds of it, still not worth going back to?

• Advertisement

Not until the gun sounds are fixed i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Ok so I roam Chernarus with my brother, and he turns to me today and says.. "hang on, I think we're bandits?"

On the light side when we meet new spawns we feed them - we try to avoid other players in hot zones - we don't snipe - we stick off the main road and travel through the woods as to minimize contact with other players.

On the dark side if we are in a hot zone like electro we dont take any chances and shoot first if we see a player with a firearm - if we are on the coast and someone with a firearm doesn't respond to friendly hails (or shouts friendly friendly and runs) we shoot first.

Are we unknowingly b***ards?

I despise the words "bandit" & "hero" in this game. Just play the game how you want & don't give a **** what others think. There are loads of ways to play it & no persons specific idea of the game is the "correct" way to play it.

The pvp aspect of this game is the reason the mod was big & a stand alone game was made. No other game(back when the mod was first released) gave you that adrenaline rush once you were in combat. The fact you can lose everything you have gained in the previous hours play time was fantastic. The zombies have always been pointless & only kill you by being glitchy sob's.

For me the best way to play this game is on hardcore/1st person mode & go to the northwest airfield to battle other squads. (A note on that: For PvP squad fights the game is unplayable until they fix the gun shot sounds)

So play the game how you want, if you enjoy what you are doing at the moment just keep at it. Ignore all the "OMG YOU KOS YOU ASSHOLE" **** you see on Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I generally tend to go onto servers and sit in bushes and scream "I AM THE NIGHT" over voice chat. Alternatively I sneak up behind people and handcuff them and leave them. Tis great.

you are a penis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

...what is going on here.

lads would love to be on with you guys keep us up to date on what is happeneing with the action for the Halloween comp.

Comp got ruined by hackers so postponed it for now until we get our private server up and running. Probably going to team up with another clan to get a group of servers going on the same private shard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved to PC Gaming as the discussions here seem to be more appropriate for the forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

had another go tonight. 2 hours running around, got a raincoat then had a zombie follow me no matter where i went in a city and attack me from beneath through walls. respawned, spent another two hours and found a pepper.

and that's me done for another few months anyway.

Advertisement