Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Aye, the passage of time in video games is usually 1:1, because that makes it so exciting.

My favourite parts of Half-Life 2 were the bits where you had to roll out your sleeping bag and lie down for 7 hours while the screen faded to black.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

Aye, the passage of time in video games is usually 1:1, because that makes it so exciting.

My favourite parts of Half-Life 2 were the bits where you had to roll out your sleeping bag and lie down for 7 hours while the screen faded to black.

:pac::pac:

I thought that was in HL3 no HL2 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Kiith wrote: »
    Has Rocket said when they plan to have vehicles back in the game?

Just take it that we'll be lucky to get them before the end of the year. Probably Q1 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 markbreen17

Hey guys, if anybody is interested in a dayz overpoch server, i've been playing on this one for a few months now. It's fully militarised and is great craic, easy to make money on too. If ye join the game give me a shout on this or in game and i'll try and help you get started. Note, i'm not an admin, i'm just trying to populate the server more!
    Ip: 74.91.18.202:2313
    Or else search for "militarised" in Dayz Commander, and you should find one called "v1.0.5.1 alpha cherno overpoch..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Server spam advert for Day Z Mod

The Standalone has come a long way if it's already got an Epoch Mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 markbreen17

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The Standalone has come a long way if it's already got an Epoch Mod.

reason i found this post is by searching for "dayz epoch". No need to get so worked up, I was just trying to help people out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just take it that we'll be lucky to get them before the end of the year. Probably Q1 2015.

Lol! I wonder how many would have the bought the standalone on release if you told them there wasn't going to be any vehicles, not even a fúcking bicycle until Q1 2015 at the earliest :pac:

I've been playing the overpoch mod a bit on the CCG servers. Its quite enjoyable, especially lingor. It's strange to be back on lingor again, the last time I played on that map was on IE2 when a few of the lads on here were running their own servers. Seems like a long time ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I fecking love Lingor Island, that & Namalsk were the best 3rd party maps. Sahrani is also nice!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The game is still in alpha & has made huge improvements since the initial alpha release. With patches every week the game is only going to get better. The combat & intensity of firefights up at the northwest is as good as the mod ever was.

I suggest you read the image I post again and stay away from alpha release games until you can be patient.

dayzDisclaimer1.jpg

You'll still be showing me this this time next year.

Meanwhile, everybody else will be playing H1Z1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

4Dlolz wrote: »

That sign applies to ALL games in Alpha really. Rust is another game in Alpha, they've gone and completely thrown out the whole game and restarted it from the ground up allowing people to play it bit by bit as they update it love. I along with many others have still gotten hundreds of hours out of it :p

• Advertisement

4Dlolz wrote: »

Hopefully not, I have no allegiances to DayZ, I can't fecking wait for H1Z1 to come out. I'm hoping it will become my go-to game like the DayZ mod was.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That sign applies to ALL games in Alpha really. Rust is another game in Alpha, they've gone and completely thrown out the whole game and restarted it from the ground up allowing people to play it bit by bit as they update it love. I along with many others have still gotten hundreds of hours out of it :p

Meant *LIVE. Update it live not love lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Was just done looting Balota Airfield when a zombie breaks my legs :[ I'm stranded now. Pity there isn't a suicide option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Was just done looting Balota Airfield when a zombie breaks my legs :[ I'm stranded now. Pity there isn't a suicide option.

A defib will do the job. Never leave home without one lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Make a splint. crawl to a bush and use the axe to cut some sticks. Drag bandage or rags on to the sticks and select make splint. Use splint. Legs are fixed!

Anybody wanna play some Dayz SA with me tonight? Playing on Hardcore server near Balota at the moment. Can go reg server if anybody prefers. On for a few hours tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Woody_FX wrote: »
    Make a splint. crawl to a bush and use the axe to cut some sticks. Drag bandage or rags on to the sticks and select make splint. Use splint. Legs are fixed!

Anybody wanna play some Dayz SA with me tonight? Playing on Hardcore server near Balota at the moment. Can go reg server if anybody prefers. On for a few hours tonight.

Nice one, going to try that now. Add me on Steam if you want to play later, my name's: the_domonator

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

if you need me to come help just shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭brady12

Can anyone link me a ready built gaming pc of good standard i could buy to play this

brady12 wrote: »
    Can anyone link me a ready built gaming pc of good standard i could buy to play this

Building your own really isn't that hard. There's youtube videos to follow if you need them.

Otherwise you can choose what parts you want and have some websites build with them parts and ship to you.

Best place to ask is post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

Just fill out this questionnaire and post it in your own new thread in that forum above:

1. What is your budget?
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    5. Do you need a monitor?
    5a. If yes, what size do you need.
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    8. How can you pay?
    9. When are you purchasing?
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

(Sorry DayZ forum people for this non related post :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Been playing dayz over the WiFi the last few months, eventually hard wired it yesterday and I had to keep slowing down for the rest of my gang to catch up! It was weird. I was getting 123mbps!

It was the cause of our demise ad they kept lagging back while I was after activating the zombies by running ahead and they kept dying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

DayZ is coming to the PS4. Be interesting to see how that's going to work.

Squaredude wrote:

Pretty sure it will be coming to the Xbox One and Ps4 whenever they getting around to actually releasing it. Probably no shorter than 2 years away...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Squaredude wrote: »

Getting stable 30fps will be quite a challenge, just sayin...

raymix wrote: »
    Getting stable 30fps will be quite a challenge, just sayin...

It really won't be, at all in fairness.

I had a stable 30 fps on my old Geforce 540m laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

With how many zombies though? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Unless they come through on their engine changes it will, the game is not well optimized and runs badly even on some of the best setups!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Unless they come through on their engine changes it will, the game is not well optimized and runs badly even on some of the best setups!

I agree that it runs badly in comparison with other engines, but not so badly that getting 30fps is a challenge. I think you're overstating the issue a bit.
    Villain wrote: »
    With how many zombies though? :)

Well it was on mostly low settings. :pac:

The PS4 release is 3 years away remember. The game & engine will be in a completely different(let's hope better) place by then. I'm interested to see how this is even playable with a controller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The PS4 release is 3 years away remember. The game & engine will be in a completely different(let's hope better) place by then. I'm interested to see how this is even playable with a controller

Pretty sure he said he was surprised with how he got from designing a small mod for a game, to on stage at Sony's conference within 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

He confirmed that its got two completely different teams working on console and PS version and the PS version would basically get what it can handle.

Advertisement